• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

One Bright September Morning...

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
My history teacher spent a whole class discussing why he believes that 9/11 was entirely planned by the United States, and while the prospect might seem illogical, much of the reasoning he explained made a whole lot of sense in my perspective. Then again, nobody truly knows the motives behind this act.

Maybe I'm just an uncultured swine, but this is the first place I've seen something pertaining to the tragic events of 9/11 today. I guess people aren't interested in that stuff around here.
Yeah it seems more downplayed each and every year. It's probably cause we're older. I find that every year in school there's less discussion about it, but there was still a large memorial to all the families at last night's football game, and there were tons of programs on late at night displaying 9/11 themes, especially on the History/NatGeo channels :p

Reaction score
»

I know I am a bit late to this but whatever.

9/11 is a sad day. Not to me, but to many people. I don't necessarily find it a day to be sad, but a day to rejoice the fact that you have another breath of life, and how blessed you're to even be alive, considering people can die at any given moment. I take it as a day to reflect instead of grieving.

And I too think 9/11 was executed by the U.S. I have heard people say that Osama bin Laden was actually a scientist who developed road powered cars and he had a funding group called Al Qaeda. It goes on to say that the US then faked a terrorist attack and call a group to go and find bin Laden and kill him because the US was making so much money from oil powered cars they wouldn't want it to be taken away by bin Laden.

I'm not saying I believe in it but I just think I should share amongst you people.

«

Reaction score
Since were on the topic of 9/11 I thought I might just say to all the people who say "bush did 9/11" and say jokes and memes about the whole topic are disgusting.
On twitter, maybe Facebook and occasionally the forums and in-game, it should really be stopped. I think the future generation is getting way to easy in the sense that because they didn't witness or recall the incident they think it's okay to poke fun at it.

Whether your British, Muslim or whatever 9/11 affected the people around you and yourself you just don't see it. It honestly shook the world. Islamaphobia is a huge problem within society due to 9/11, people should have a seat and learn a thing or two before they post silly things and what not.

:)

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
I know 9/11 was a horrible date in our country, but why does only everyone care about 9/11? I know a lot of people died there but there are other things that have happened in our past and no one remembers them... :/

Reaction score
I know 9/11 was a horrible date in our country, but why does only everyone care about 9/11? I know a lot of people died there but there are other things that have happened in our past and no one remembers them... :/
Because it's rather recent., things like WW1 and 2 etc aren't so recent so people forget them slightly and stay more modern if you like. That's the best I can explain one reason why...

MrExtrodinaryMr

Experienced
Reaction score
Because it's rather recent., things like WW1 and 2 etc aren't so recent so people forget them slightly and stay more modern if you like. That's the best I can explain one reason why...
yet America seems to be the only country to make their disaster to be the worst thing that ever happened in the 21st century, when there were equally, if not worse things happening in this century or in the last 20 years (japans earthquake, the tsunamis in the Indonesia and stuff) which no one ever mentions, one bit.

Also with people joking about 9.11. It's called jokes, some people (like me) have dark humor, and find this things funny, we're not ignoring the fact that it was a terrible event, but we just have a much easier and positive look at life. (I've seen people joking about the holocaust, but get instantly emotional when someone made a joke of 9.11) = (( ( ( ( ( ( ( (

Reaction score
yet America seems to be the only country to make their disaster to be the worst thing that ever happened in the 21st century, when there were equally, if not worse things happening in this century or in the last 20 years (japans earthquake, the tsunamis in the Indonesia and stuff) which no one ever mentions, one bit.

Also with people joking about 9.11. It's called jokes, some people (like me) have dark humor, and find this things funny, we're not ignoring the fact that it was a terrible event, but we just have a much easier and positive look at life. (I've seen people joking about the holocaust, but get instantly emotional when someone made a joke of 9.11) = (( ( ( ( ( ( ( (
We all have our opinion on things. I say unless your a comedian or have some sort of troll status then you shouldn't really say them things since people won't know what's coming because they don't know you.

Zinc // Akash754

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The skies were described as bluer then ever in New York City on September 11th, 2001. People went about doing their regular business as so in the early 2000s by waking up to a digital alarm clock, getting dressed for work, and checking their ever so cool Blackberry cellphones.

As most of us know now 14 years in the future, this very day wasn't just another in the routine.

For the sake of privacy, we shall call the main character of today's story Robert, or Rob for short. Rob is in his mid 30s living happily with a wife and a 3-year-old son in a nice Philadelphia suburb. Rob works in a building practically connected to the main World Trade Center Towers. On September 11th, Rob awoke, performed his daily morning routine, and walked out to his car to drive to the Septa station to take his daily commute by train up to New York. As he was getting into his car, out ran his wife who we are going to name Tina, with a frantic expression. Tina had a doctors appointment and would not be able to take little 3 year old Robbie to the nursery that morning. She pleaded with Rob to cover for her and take little Robbie to daycare, something that Rob had hardly ever had to have done.

Rob grudgingly agreed, then proceeded to call his boss informing him that he'd be arriving to work maybe a few minutes, if so, late. Rob planned to do this quick. Little Robbie was carried to the car, and so began the drive to daycare.

Oh, how the traffic was unbearable. It took what was normally a 10 minute drive to the nursery almost 30 minutes! It was almost 7:45, Rob was going to miss the train.

Finally, at 8 a.m. Rob dropped off his son at the nursery and hurried over to catch the next train leaving at 8:15.

A 60 minute commute into New York City would have placed Rob safely in Grand Central station at a comfortable 9:15. Rob would have arrived a few minutes late then continued on with his day.

While Rob was halfway through the morning commute sitting on the train reading a paper, American Airlines Flight 11 from Boston crashed into the North WTC tower.

Something as simple as Rob's inconvenient trip to the nursery saved his life, and saved his family and friends from the grief of losing him.

Let's all be grateful for those we have, and appreciate and love them. For those we lost, we must honor them for who they were and allow them to live with us in our hearts.

Never forget 9/11.
i alredy knew dis stuf!

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Rest in peace everyone who has lost their family members. You may be gone but never forgotten.

Reaction score
Thers been shootings, bombings, massacres and other stuff..
But as horrible as they are they didn't shake society enough to implement a stereotype. They just create fear. Regardless all shootings and everything you've mentioned including what this whole thread is about is tragic. It's not a competition and I think people should stop treating like one is more important than the other. As long as sorrow lies somewhere and lessons are learned there shouldn't be a problem.

MultiBigTime

Experienced
Reaction score

There’s a very resilient callery pear tree just a few yards away from Ground Zero. When the tree was found in the World Trade Center Plaza on September 11, 2001 it was a burned, twisted, torn apart tree trunk that stood at only 8 feet tall. With a little TLC, the tree has been able to flourish. By 2009, the tree had grown to 30 feet tall, and started blossoming again.

Then, in March 2010, New York City was hit by severe weather. Intense winds uprooted the tree and knocked it down. Amazingly, the tree still survived.

My point is if that tree can survive the pain, so can we. We shall never forget, we shall always remember who died, the people on the plane that had the thoughts on their head, before they died, we should never take our life for granted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci