• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Opinions on Maps

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Favorites (In order and my reason I will be constructive so please no one be hurt.)

Survival Games Maps

1. Valleyside -
Who dosen't like Valleyside? There is a perfect balance of flat PVP, elevated PVP, closed quarters PVP, chokepoints, bow spamming areas, jumpshots corner shots. There are balanced routes but it still encourages you to go to corn (because who goes for stone sword chest HA). Overall, very well built and designed and layout. Original and creative in it's own right, as well as it doesn't lag too much. Lovelights

2. Teweran Survival Games 2: Drybone Valley - Many people say this map is too large, too long games, not enough tier 2's. I disagree. There are plenty of balanced routes that match those of even Valleyside. Plus, it has that magical combination of Old SG and New SG. Where you should go to corn for tier 2's and there's a bloodbath. Simple but still creative and you can still explore the map. You'll never know what you can find. Teweran

3. The Survival Games 4 - SG4 is a very well built map, balanced like TSG2 and detailed like Valleyside. There is a wide variety of PVP, navigation is easy. Corn is a lot more dangerous but is more appealing. One of Team Vareide's greatest works.

4. Survival Games: Highway - What can I say? Balanced routes but corn isn't as appealing in this map, seeing as it's a hole in the ground and spawn killing is much more common, but it's not too bad. And the map has included different builds that you would think could be it's own map but instead is hobbled into one that somehow manages to be consistent. static_nightmare

5. Chernobyl 2015 - In my opinion one of the most underrated maps of all time. This map is a little charm that I vote for everytime. I don't know why people don't like it, but you can find corn easily, the map might be a huge foresty area but you can still find you're buildings, tier 2's, and those are spread across the map. There are different ranges of PVP, elevated, flat, bowspammy, and corn is appealing and you won't just die off spawn. The map has a great use of blocks and has details but also sites that will take you're breath away. JakpokCo

6. Alaskan Village - A map that caught on very quickly, with lots more tier 2's than any map has ever seen before it. Still manages to be somewhat balanced, although corn isn't very appealing, but the sense of exploration is still there, and the terraforming is great. The use of blocks makes this map more pleasing to the eye, and the elavated and flatter ground is great for PVP. Good job Discovery Works!

7. Par 72 - Wow, this got pushed down far. People may say that this map is well built, lots of tier 2's. There's not a lot (Key Word: not a lot, there still is some) of exploration though, and the routes, they make corn seem like nothing. There is though, great detail in builds and easter eggs too. PVP is good. The map is very beautiful as well. Lemonz87 StephanieMarie purple_unicorn98 Zypes Tal_Pal

8. Icarus Fallen - Void ;-;. But corn is somewhat appealing at least and the builds are grand but somewhat detailed. PVP is mostly close quarters or elevation and even though there's void, Icarus makes up for it in y level. It gives you lots to explore, the routes are pretty good as well. Ninetailefox92 & Red Forest

9.Holiday Resort - It's about TIME Snooplez. Sowwy I put so far down. The fact of water that takes up lots of the map is interesting, but in this map they made it right, ish. The routes are a little leaning towards 1 side than the other but there is exploration, on the outside. Corn is easy to navigate to but isn't very appealing as it's covered in leaves. Still, very beautiful map with some surprises. Simey

10. Highfield Estate - A much newer map that is slowly catching on, the map is beautiful but maintains it's "It's SG FIGHT TO THE DEATH" feel. The routes are made to be discovered, and going to corn is pretty easy, but, not as appealing in the beginning. @bentomkeke GibbyMC

11. The Lost Zoo - Another underrated map. But the detail of this one is astounding. The narrow paths near corn make it risky but rewarding as tier 2's are spread more randomly. The colors are pleasing to the eye, but it's just not a more PVP oriented map. Ninetailefox92 ThePikachuPro @MrFrazzelT

12. Return to Moonbase 9 - Another popular map that I'm pushing down. It has a great variety of PVP, secrets to explore, and all of that. But the middle area is, barren. In fact, a lot of the map itself is barren, this leads to long chases and dogfights being a more prominent part of Moonbase. Ninetailefox92 & Red Forest

13. Turbulence - Quite a popular map, and it's still manages to be creative and funny as well, There's plenty to explore and the routes are, a little more leaning and corn isn't very appealing. A lot of it, though, is elevation. cadbane4321 landowicked Sim_Man SunGodMonkey OuchTheSchauzer Chris_hill12 YelloDawg39

That's my technical list, obviously it's impossible not to have some bias there, and please feel free to argue with me (I feel that sometimes people hold back). If I didn't list a map, it's probably because I didn't like it, I didn't find reason to argue for that map, or I just don't have much experience with them. No hard feelings of course, every map makes it to MCGamer for a reason, I'd just like to say that. And, it's just a map, pick up you're mistakes and learn from them.

(It took me an hour to do this, :p)

Last edited:

BigFella

Platinum
Reaction score
Favourites -
Avaricia - This map is built extremely well and is also not over populated with teir twos. The pvp aspect is great and there is a lot of room for fighting, along with a few choke points.

Dracarys -
When you a GoT fan you gotta love the GoT maps! In all honesty this map is well build with a intriguing medieval-like style. Great for pvp and leaves you time to enchant at the end!

Least Favourites -
Demons Breeze - Although this map is great for claiming a bunch of teir twos and fighting your friends for that smite sword, this map is not fitting my liking. It is poorly built and basically a write off of Breeze Island.

Return to Moonbase 9 - Much like Demons Breeze this falls into my spot of the least favourite maps on MCGamer. Yes it is built nicely but I really don't like the fact it is so dark. Plus the new tiering has left me to find a new chest route still.

Anyway that's it for me.
I could go into a lot more detail but I don't want to break the map makers' hearts or inject them with too much self esteem.

Jiim

Spectator
Reaction score
Favourite : Thorndorn Valley, Haruka or Solar Frost.
Least Favourite : Remnant & SG3.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci