• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Opinions on new community maps

Do you like the new community maps Overgrown and Breeze Island

• Total voters

Flix64

Tribute
Reaction score
I would like to see what everyone is thinking of the new maps? Personally I like Breeze Island but it is lacking complexity and the chests in the different structures within the water that are symmetrically placed with the on the outskirts takes away from complex and reliable chests routes. This does however make you rely more on PVP which can be fun. I am not a fan of Overgrown, the map itself is huge but that is not the problem. The problem is that it is very few structures along with an immense jungle with chests that feel very random and poorly placed. I have found that before I can get to a good amount of chests I end up starving. For Overgrown to be better it needs better placed chests, many more structures and a downscale of the jungle. Remember this is constructive criticism that derives from my opinion, yours may be different and because of this there is no need to be disrespectful or feel offended. Thank you for reading please answer the poll and give your thoughts on the new community maps!

Flix64

Tribute
Reaction score
Multiple votes are allowed for the poll so please choose the 2 that best suit your own opinion!

James.D

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think the creator/s of breeze did well with the corn but after that lacked alot of creativity. I like the ideas of jump courses, but as soon as you leave corn it's plain the sand under the water is all flat ect.

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
I havent played them yet, i will this afternoon. My friend said breeze island was alright, but the chests were hard to find. I will give a better opinion later on after i play them.

teovald

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
i love breeze pirate ships and everything, i like how game with breeze only take like 10 minutes and people can't hide! to all of you that doesn't like breeze -> ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I haven't played any of them yet.

But I've downloaded Breeze and it looks great, so I voted for that.

Spetsnax

Tribute
Reaction score
I like them, but I don't think many other people do. The maps are on their way out, because they get about 3 votes a match.

zeejayy

Career
Reaction score
I love breeze island, Small map makes for intense and short fights, no more running for 45 minutes.
Overgrown is alright, haven't played it much, but like it so far.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
I've never played on Overgrown Arena, so I can't really say for that.
However, I am loving Breeze Island. It may be small, and the chests might not last long, but that's what makes it great. You cannot rely on chests, or chest routes, forever. You must slow down and check your surroundings and watch your back. No chest route is awesome because all the chests are shot for right away. You also could easily get sidetracked due to all the people all around you. Instead, you must fight - this makes it more exciting and fast paced. The lack of chests as well makes it so if you don't get them right away, you'll find yourself in a sticky situation to just rely on them, as they are all looted. You must kill people for what they've got, significantly increasing the speed of the game and making it a lot less dull and routine.

The map is also different from the others in that it's not some old abandoned thing. I like that. All the previous maps are destroyed, abandoned, covered in trees/vines, etc. I kinda wanted a more bright, 'peaceful' map, instead of the destroyed, overgrown feel that they all seem to have, and this map has exactly that.

Flix64

Tribute
Reaction score
The only problem I see with breeze island is people avoiding fights by swimming/boating.

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
The only problem I see with breeze island is people avoiding fights by swimming/boating.
True, but such problems also exists in Map 1.

I love Breeze Island, but it could use more improvements, I've relayed those to static_nightmare.
I have never played Overgrown, but have spectated a game of it in an EU server (come on, au5 and au6, why aren't you updated??!?!). Honestly, I love how Overgrown looks. The best part of Overgrown has got to be the lakeside city!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci