• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Opinions on new forum design.

Res

Diamond
Reaction score
I love the design however I strongly dislike the removal of the scroll signature because now I have to scroll through huge signatures with pictures of a tryhard killing a donor.

K

KiDD

It's awesome, in my opinion. As Molotov stated above, the only thing I kind of don't like is I how I have to click on the "Alerts" tab instead being able to hover and view the alerts there. That was a big thing ;-;

Other than that, it's really nice :)

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
I love the design however I strongly dislike the removal of the scroll signature because now I have to scroll through huge signatures with pictures of a tryhard killing a donor.
The change simply wasn't ported; I'm porting that over now and it should be on within a few minutes.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Personally, I like the changes done to the forums, but my biggest peeves are the space efficiency and the color scheme.

I'm a guy who appreciates effective use of space, and the new them seems a lot more bubbly than before. There's a lot of just hanging empty white space that isn't being used, and seems awkward. Some things are too close together (post checkboxes too close to the user information), some things seem to have too much room (the boxes that shows the Likes of a post is positively giant), and some things don't seem spaced correctly (The post #, Like button, + Quote button, and Reply button all have different spacing despite being next to each other).

Color scheme is the other thing. Simply put: too much white space. If we put a texture or an image on the empty sides of the page, akin to how we did before, things would look a lot less empty whilst still drawing attention to posts. Hopefully a Dark theme will fix that.

There are still the occasional oddities and bugs too, such as the View My Statistics page not jumping to their stats page.
But you know what? It's day 1 of a major update, and I'm happy with what I see so far. Over the next few days, we'll get everything worked out.

There should be an option asking if you want to go back to the original forums
There actually is. The current MCGamer is just a Xenforo style, which you can change in your Account Preferences section, or by scrolling to the bottom of the screen and finding the drop-down box for the available Styles.

The MCSG style is available in there, and choosing it will revert the forums back to how they were. Be advised, however, that that and the Flexile Dark themes are no longer supported, so some functionality may be broken.

NyanCaatt

District 13
Reaction score
too white
it's literally almost all the same shade of white just like a little different pls fix it's killing it's too bright for my delicate eyes

MisiLica

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I really like it. It's much more fluid in my opinion, especially on the mobile. The design is pretty good due, as it is simplistic. Overall, I really enjoy it. It'll take some time to get used to though.

J

District 13
Reaction score
I haven't seen the computer view as I'm on my phone, but WOW! I love the mobile version now, soooooo much better.

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
A lot of people say it's very white, which I can agree with, it needs that pinch of colour to it.
Because every time i wake up in the morning my eyes burn.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
My tips for the network:
1) Less white, I have to close my eyes while thinking about what I want to say now.
2) Please make a way to hide the top bar, since it gets in the way sometimes.
3) Re-implement of the Alerts button. Now, I can't tell what is a new alert, and what is just an old alert from the same day.
4) Remove the sidebar on the right that shows your forum stats and a list of online mods. This makes the posts EXTREMELY squished, and even when the side space isn't being used, there's still gray.
5) Stop the DDoS protection from interrupting forum browsing. It's annoying when I have to wait 5 seconds just to go one page forward. I understand it when you're first connecting, but really?

There actually is. The current MCGamer is just a Xenforo style, which you can change in your Account Preferences section, or by scrolling to the bottom of the screen and finding the drop-down box for the available Styles.

The MCSG style is available in there, and choosing it will revert the forums back to how they were. Be advised, however, that that and the Flexile Dark themes are no longer supported, so some functionality may be broken.
Themes? I can't find any under Preferences. Are they broken, or do the devs just want it like that?

Reactions: e

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci