• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Opinions on Tryhards? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RedMarzBarz_

Career
Reaction score
Not trying to be a credit Promiscuous woman, but I get a feeling you got the idea for this thread from mine... :p

Anyway, personally, I think there are a couple of types of tryhards.

First are the toxic tryhards, that always go lawl gg rekt ez everytime they beat someone.

Another type is the 'wanting to get better at the game and playing casually most of the time' tryhard, like myself.

Then there's the ones that drink energy drinks and play for 15 hours straight just to climb the leaderboards. :p

GESM25

Diamond
Reaction score
Not trying to be a credit Promiscuous woman, but I get a feeling you got the idea for this thread from mine... :p

Anyway, personally, I think there are a couple of types of tryhards.

First are the toxic tryhards, that always go lawl gg rekt ez everytime they beat someone.

Another type is the 'wanting to get better at the game and playing casually most of the time' tryhard, like myself.

Then there's the ones that drink energy drinks and play for 15 hours straight just to climb the leaderboards. :p
I'm kinda new to the forums, so I don't really know you sorry :p

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
I tryharded MCSG in summer 2013, where I picked up around 800 wins in about 3 months. I, however, was not one of those people who was really cocky about every fight they won. After that I really haven't cared about my stats and just like to come on here for fun. The only times I rage is actually when other people say things like "gg rekt" to me, especially if they're teaming or cleaning me up or something.

I think that tryharding has two meanings. Back in the day, it mostly meant when someone was targeting you on purpose for basically no reason. Nowadays, it means going insane with bow, FnS, and rod spam. That's really how tryhards win, it's because of their secondary weapons. This is why the MCSGv1 chests were so much better, you couldn't get gear or tryhard. But now that MCSGv2 happened (not MCGamerv2) and the sprint button came out people focused more on PvP rather than learning how to survive and adapt with things you have instead of having everything handed to you on a silver platter. If the MCSGv2 chests had never come, I don't think tryharding would be really a thing on MCSG. I'm not sure though. All I know is they're kind of annoying, but I can't say too many bad things about them because I was one at one point.

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
To be perfectly honest, it's good to try hard. You can't improve at things if you don't try. Do u TRY at school? Do you think bill gates TRYied to become the most wealthy man in the world and invent the computers that most of us use for gaming? Do you think man kind would be where it was if people didn't TRY?? Ask yourself that. There is a difference between trying hard and being a obnoxious and saying quote "rekt" try hards can just be people wanting to get better at the game. Being perceived as a try hard needs to not be associated with jerks who say l2p, what is the name for those guys? Immature perhaps?

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
To be perfectly honest, it's good to try hard. You can't improve at things if you don't try. Do u TRY at school? Do you think bill gates TRYied to become the most wealthy man in the world and invent the computers that most of us use for gaming? Do you think man kind would be where it was if people didn't TRY?? Ask yourself that. There is a difference between trying hard and being a obnoxious and saying quote "rekt" try hards can just be people wanting to get better at the game. Being perceived as a try hard needs to not be associated with jerks who say l2p, what is the name for those guys? Immature perhaps?

Naa, but seriously, 'trying hard' in real life is different. Obviously if people want to achieve good things out of like they need to try, but this is a video game. Saying that, people should be allowed to 'tryhard'; some people find it fun when they can make really cool 1vs3's and win at such, but I do think people also need to realise that the primary reason a game is played is to have fun. People need to learn to relax and enjoy it for what it is instead of getting mad or upset because they died/lost :)

ProShooterBF

Career
Reaction score
Video games could be the only thing someone enjoys or really knows. Nothing wrong with wanting to win so you tryhard. Why do people "try" so hard at sports? Same concept but with video games.

Teku3O

Career
Reaction score
I personally don't really like tryhards, because they can spend their lives doing something else in the real world, but instead they sit on their computer for hours, playing a game of blocks competitively.
I don't see what difference it makes to you.

TomahawkGoesChop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
i just find it redicilous to tryhard a game of legos, when the game itself istn even an e-sport

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci