• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Our new deathmatch, your thoughts!

Do you like this new setup?

• Yes (Please explain below)

Votes: 116 55.2%
  • No (Please explain below)

Votes: 94 44.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FuNki_cHickeNz

Spectator
Reaction score
i like this a lot, people may say that it needs to be longer but most games i enter i still manage to get full iron with one sponsor. i understand the newcomers having difficulties but they won't once they get a hold of the maps :) it's a yes for me.

skittlesboy

Tribute
Reaction score
i like this a lot, people may say that it needs to be longer but most games i enter i still manage to get full iron with one sponsor. i understand the newcomers having difficulties but they won't once they get a hold of the maps :) it's a yes for me.
im not a newcomer and i think the games should be longer. its not to do with not getting stuff, its to do with me getting all the good stuff and then people at deathmatch ganging up on the best guy and they win!

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So we are going to revert the times today back to the old style. We are working with mooman to somehow make the deathmatch experience less laggy.

FalloutzoneG

Spectator
Reaction score
I also think the game lengths for the 24 servers are too short. Also 20 min is not much time to get ready for the deathmatch and with those big teams of four to five people geting everything before the solo people can even get to a chest... I'm just saying its not alot of time and it should be at the least 30 min for 24 servers. But dont get me wrong i like the new deathmatch but its lagy and there are way to many players and its just not equal with some players or teams dect out in gold and iorn with diamond swords aginst solo players with leather armor and wood swords.

ThunderBow98

Spectator
Reaction score
15 minutes means that people have less time to hack-in or find the equipment to make a diamond sword. I'm all for that.

I'd rather diamonds be removed, as it gives everyone else a fairer chance. As it stands, the person with the diamond sword never loses. And it's always the same person who gets the diamond sword.

But the deathmatch... I came second due to lag. The other guy had a diamond sword but I had stone with smite 1 thanks to the enchantment table in arena 3. I would've stood a chance if the deathmatch didn't lag for me.
I think it must be the sand falling or something.
Yeah the same thing happened to me.. sort of. I was lucky to find almost a complete set of iron armor in arena 1 from chests not in corn. I also had a iron sword. A guy with no armor and a diamond sword killed me because of lag and a super high enchantment. Dont ask how but it must have had like knockback 15 becuase I flew into the wall and fell into the lava. i might have gotten him if the game didn't lag.

Kommodo

Spectator
Reaction score
I love the new deathmatch arena, but i dont like the shortened times. It takes some of the fun out of the games by making you rush to try to get good gear. I pefer it to be like 4o-60 mins for 24 person deathmatch. My vote is no

Reaction score
Yeah I can see that being in issue with the 24 slots on only having the chests refill once, but it seems an hour was a little too much? Possibly there is another sweet spot in times we can find that has a good balance.
How about 30 or 40 mins per game. that gives time for more people to actualy have a chance otherwise once a person captures the Cornacopia at refill its almost imposible to beat them.

Reaction score
Unfortualnatly the time here isnt the only issue. As chad said before, a lot of people are eperiencing lag because of the new dathmatch setup making it almost imposible for some of us to win a game. As awsome as it is it prevents a lot of us from fully enjoing the games. Please try and find a way to reduce this lag because the new areana is amazing, but the lag makes it unplayable at times.
Why do most Great things have a catch...?

MCJackson

District 13
Reaction score
YESyesyesyesyeysyeysyeysyesy ahhhhhhhhhhhh the old times :) :) :) :)

Reactions: Le0

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
So we are going to revert the times today back to the old style. We are working with mooman to somehow make the deathmatch experience less laggy.
Back to the old 60 minutes? I love you Chad! <3

bromance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci