• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Our new deathmatch, your thoughts!

Do you like this new setup?

• Yes (Please explain below)

Votes: 116 55.2%
  • No (Please explain below)

Votes: 94 44.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerFish713

Survivor
Reaction score
I do not like it. Sorry.

The building/structure itself is great, but it's way too laggy. My FPS goes from 128-135 down to 5-6 with giant, horrible lag spikes.

This is only when I am actually in the pit, on the sand. Lag spikes occur every time the sand drops.

When I am a spectator, it works fine. But still a bit laggy.

If you could change it back, or have a poll (Sorry, haven't seen the main post so excuse me if there is one...) that'd be great.

D

DJMaestro12

I personally think that 30 minutes is enough. It was an EXTREME improvment when it was 20 minutes long, as now there are more free servers. Although, I do admit 30 minutes would be better than 20 or 40. I know that I don't wanna be fussy, but I think that 40 is too long. Sorry... :(

ANALYSE

Spectator
Reaction score
The new System is ok, but I need to find a way to make the arena less laggy...

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
I personally think that 30 minutes is enough. It was an EXTREME improvment when it was 20 minutes long, as now there are more free servers. Although, I do admit 30 minutes would be better than 20 or 40. I know that I don't wanna be fussy, but I think that 40 is too long. Sorry... :(
Why is 40 too long?

Reaction score
The older version was actually good. I dont know why the owners come up with a new system. Arena looks good but the 'falling' is not fair enough. Survival games is a PVP battle game not a parkour game. There wont be great battles at this one. People will hit the other once and the other will fell of. Also with more then 2 players deathmatch, there might be some teams and this wont make a fair match too. This new system should be changed I think. Anyways its my idea so you dont need to love it :)

ANALYSE

Spectator
Reaction score
I thinl the falling, makes the whole thing al little bit more ... how can i say im german :D ... it brings a little action into the Death match

Planty_98

Spectator
Reaction score
I thinl the falling, makes the whole thing al little bit more ... how can i say im german :D ... it brings a little action into the Death match
If it wasn't so laggy, I would agree with you in a heartbeat, but it is, so....

Toosupportive

Spectator
Reaction score
Nice i only play 24 and i think the match time and everything is perfect only 1 problem and i get this from other people too. When your inside the arena on the sand actually fighting im not sure if its the sand falling but it laggs like hell in there.If there was anyway to fix that it would be perfect

KillerFish713

Survivor
Reaction score
Nice i only play 24 and i think the match time and everything is perfect only 1 problem and i get this from other people too. When your inside the arena on the sand actually fighting im not sure if its the sand falling but it laggs like hell in there.If there was anyway to fix that it would be perfect
Yeah, if people run from, it takes SO long to catch them for this reason.

D

DJMaestro12

40 minutes is still pretty long. Most matches get down to the final 2-3 people within 30-35 generally. If you are inclined to change the time from 20 minutes (which I think is fine), 30 would probably be the sweet spot. Yes you miss out on two refills, but that should be plenty of time to run your route twice.
I think that 30 minutes is the sweet spot for 24 tribute games. I also think that there shouldn't be fire or lava, as the animations for them are just too RAM-hungry. Plus you have the rendering of the other players, their items, skins, the falling sand, the spectators, and even just the world! I agree with most that there should be a 30-or-so block fall, (I think you die at 24 with no armor, but i'm not sure...) and maybe an escape stair-well for those pesky spectators who might 'accidentally' fall off and fly past the barrier. These are my thoughts though, so they won't really mean anything by themselves...

Thankyou for reading this completely boring wall of text, ChadTheDJ!!

Lafong

Spectator
Reaction score
Hey chad, I was wondering if the plugin used for deleting the stone bricks to make the sand fall in deathmatches, custom or downloaded? Thanks, please reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci