• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Overuse of Flint and Steel

Do you think the amount of uses a flint and steel has should be reduced?

• Total voters

Kminer56

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree, FnS is a bit overused. It is quite annoying at times when you're trying to chase someone who only wants to watch you burn.

I am not the best with FnS, so I tend not to use it very often, so I know where you and all the others that find them annoying are coming from. I feel like, the people who are actually good at it, would completely disagree and say "It's not annoying" but thats just an opinion. Me personally being an old MCSG player where you would literally only bow, and sword fight. People hardly ever used FnS or rods like they do now. Sure there were a few who did, but it wasn't overused like they are now.

I completely suck at fighting people how use FnS because i'm still use to the old days where it was all run in, and get as many hits as possible. Oh how the times have changed. Oh well, its all in good fun!
Agreed.

I'm an old player myself, and although I've adapted to the increasing use of FnS, and have actually gotten pretty good at it, I still think it's pretty annoying :/

jefeperro

Diamond
Reaction score
so fns has been nerfed so many times. You used to get like 12 fires, then 8 now three or four. You used to be able to place phantom fire on top of chests, which mcsg "fixed" by removing the ability to place fire on chests. FnS used to be an interactive part of the maps, with gravel traps. If anything FnS should be increased not decreased.

Kminer56

Platinum
Reaction score
so fns has been nerfed so many times. You used to get like 12 fires, then 8 now three or four. You used to be able to place phantom fire on top of chests, which mcsg "fixed" by removing the ability to place fire on chests. FnS used to be an interactive part of the maps, with gravel traps. If anything FnS should be increased not decreased.
You haven't given any reasoning on why you think FnS should be such a big aspect of PvP, whereas I've given my thought on the matter. I appreciate your opinion, but it would be nice if you gave reasoning for me to agree or disagree with.

jefeperro

Diamond
Reaction score
You haven't given any reasoning on why you think FnS should be such a big aspect of PvP, whereas I've given my thought on the matter. I appreciate your opinion, but it would be nice if you gave reasoning for me to agree or disagree with.
I did, but I will try to reiterate my points.
1) FNS is part of pvp because it is a part of minecraft.
2) Removing Fns would take away the ability to activate gravel traps on alot of MCSG maps
3) FnS has always been apart of PvP on MCSG
4) FnS has been nerfed significantly and has a fraction of the impact on an MCSG game as it used to
5) If you don't like it go play in the PvP arena not in survival games.

Omar

District 13
Reaction score
Reducing the ticks to only 3 would be nice but honestly reducing it in chests wont make a difference since people can just easily craft them.

Kminer56

Platinum
Reaction score
I did, but I will try to reiterate my points.
1) FNS is part of pvp because it is a part of minecraft.
2) Removing Fns would take away the ability to activate gravel traps on alot of MCSG maps
3) FnS has always been apart of PvP on MCSG
4) FnS has been nerfed significantly and has a fraction of the impact on an MCSG game as it used to
5) If you don't like it go play in the PvP arena not in survival games.
1. This is irrelevant. Breaking blocks is also a part of Minecraft. My point is that MCSG would be better with less FnS, just as it is better without breaking blocks.
2. I didn't say remove it, just reduce its prominence.
3. Also irrelevant. Crime has always been a part of society. Also, I don't want FnS removed, as I said, just nerfed.
4. Again, this is irrelevant. If a person took 700 pieces of advil per day, and reduced it to 50 per day, that would still be way too much.
Not even going to talk about 5 .-.

You did not really make any points about why FnS should be so prominent, other than the gravel part which doesn't really apply to this since I don't want to take away FnS, just have it reduced. You just listed irrelevant facts.

Reducing the ticks to only 3 would be nice but honestly reducing it in chests wont make a difference since people can just easily craft them.
Why not both? (Mexican music)

I get what you're saying, but reducing it in chests would still make an impact.

Omar

District 13
Reaction score
1. This is irrelevant. Breaking blocks is also a part of Minecraft. My point is that MCSG would be better with less FnS, just as it is better without breaking blocks.
2. I didn't say remove it, just reduce its prominence.
3. Also irrelevant. Crime has always been a part of society. Also, I don't want FnS removed, as I said, just nerfed.
4. Again, this is irrelevant. If a person took 700 pieces of advil per day, and reduced it to 50 per day, that would still be way too much.
Not even going to talk about 5 .-.

You did not really make any points about why FnS should be so prominent, other than the gravel part which doesn't really apply to this since I don't want to take away FnS, just have it reduced. You just listed irrelevant facts.

Why not both? (Mexican music)

I get what you're saying, but reducing it in chests would still make an impact.
It truly wouldn't. Just take a moment to think about it.

Stralcsar

Career
Reaction score
completely agree. too much fns turns fights into boring standoffs. however, I can't deny the importance of fns in taking out teams, so I'd want 2 charges instead of 4.

jtmboy

Diamond
Reaction score
I am sorry for the anger you feel towards this, but it is the game. If people chose a strategy of flint and steel then that is there way of playing. There is always a way to fight back, don't worry :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci