• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Perfect Idea for User-Created Maps

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Yes, but have the original 3 MCSG maps in there too.

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
I got an idea! I think that there should be a 24 server and a 48 server for user made maps. That way, the players that want different maps can have them.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
When a 120 map is made, you could just add that to your servers since theres only 1 map for it right now.

Daalexantor

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I like the idea of having user made survival games maps, but Chad has made no anouncement as to what his plan is concerning user made maps. In the meantime, keep wishing.

Fog_You

Spectator
Reaction score
I just read this and thought to myself that this would be a very nice Idea...
But I ve got some improval suggestions (and some thoughts about it)
First of all:
The "Original Maps" Should Not be playable on this Servers!
Because otherwise Sometimes you couldnt be able to try new Maps...
And we have to give them a chance!...

2. Each Weekend (or ech second one) you should be able to vote for one of the finished maps to get onto the Test server...

And if >40% of the given votes was for one Map this one should be able to be played at the Testservers...
This System would really have to be tested if the 40% marker is too high it could be set down to 30% or something like this,
But the marker has to be high so the server just dont get too many Maps saved at once to avoid lagging...
After some time or a Map isnt played often enogh it should be removed from the maps, but it should be able to be voted again....

3. All 14 Days their should be a Survey where registered players can vote for a Map they want to have on the "Official" Servers

Another solution would be that each two weeks 3-5 random chosen Maps would be able to play and at Weekend you can Vote for one of these Maps wich should get into the real Hungergames but in this System the set Percentage should be between 45%-60% to avoid getting too fast too many Maps onto the official servers so they dont get too busy...
After a Map got onto the Official Servers it should only be able to be removed if very many Players say its a very bad map and just wastes the Server capacity...
If this happens the Map is back at the Beginning and could be voted again... ^^

For this Solution every Map creator should have to sign in his finished map with the Worldfile attached to it (To avoid too muc spoiling it maybe should only be able to be dowloaded by the admins to save it on the Servers...)
And than each 2 Weeks or 3 Some other signed in maps should be picked at random or by Date of Upload for the Test servers...

I hope my Grammar was not this bad...
But if you find a Misstake you can Copy it into Paint, Coulor it,
Print it and hang it up in Some of your Rooms... ^^
Yours Fog_You

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
Great. I like your voting ideas and everything else! Thanks for the reply and the ideas!

Fog_You

Spectator
Reaction score
No Problem just took your Idea and thought a little bit about it...
So thanks to you... ;)

BHLxLiam

Survivor
Reaction score
maps will be added only if they are to a high standard !

Daalexantor

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
True, The custom maps need to have some quality of work, but it seems most of the cusom maps have quality, like Hungry Hills, for example. I think the voting idea is the best idea conserning Custom maps i have heard in a while, even better than anything Chad or Zombietracker has come up with.

Chad, please think about implemting this voting system

cat12347

Tribute
Reaction score
I agree. One problem came to my mind though, if there's only 1 or 2 servers hosting the user created maps, it will be next to impossible to join them.

Here's my idea, please give me your honest opinion: Choose a day of the week to be "User-Created Map day" or something to that effect. Every week, on that day, all of the servers (or half, whatever number works best) would feature 3 or 4 user created maps that could be voted on in-game. That would give everyone a chance to try many of the amazing creations that some of the members of this great community has made. We could vote on the forums as to which maps would be featured, or a committee could choose the map every week.

I'm not sure how hard it would be to switch the maps on the servers every week like that, so I don't know if this would be very realistic idea, but I think we could figure out something to make it work.

Like I said, let me know what you think and please be honest.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
I like the idea of having user made survival games maps, but Chad has made no anouncement as to what his plan is concerning user made maps. In the meantime, keep wishing.
He does. I'm pretty sure he said somewhere that they DO accept users map. There are just no maps yet which was like WOW, thats awesome. Most player maps just didnt make the requirements.

BHLxLiam

Survivor
Reaction score
He does. I'm pretty sure he said somewhere that they DO accept users map. There are just no maps yet which was like WOW, thats awesome. Most player maps just didnt make the requirements.
Yes that is correct if the maps arnt being accepted it means there not that good and needs to be to a higher standard ! people wouldn't play the maps if there not good and it would give mcsg a bad name if people complain about the maps and they arnt gonna buy another 4 servers just for user map when they arnt good and if they were good they will just add it to the list ! simple as

Gagaking

Survivor
Reaction score
I'd say that you could have like a voting poll for you favourite and it gets uploaded for like a week?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci