• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Perk for top leaderboards?

Good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Yes but different perk

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I was wondering (because I am getting close there myself) about giving people in like, the top 10 of the leaderboards a perk. It would kind of give people drive to get there? And be rewarding for people that do actually get there. Maybe they could either get basic donor status just as soon as they get within top ten and keep it while in top ten? Idk something would be kinda neat I think. Would give me more drive to get there myself! And would just be a nice way to have a way to achieve donor perk without having to spend money. You know, earn it.
Or maybe it could auto promote the top ten to their own, new rank. Like its a different color than donors and it has some kinda perk with it. Or even no perk... just a different colored name. Idk anything would be neat...

Sentaul

Tribute
Reaction score
I think it would more than likely just encourage more people to cheat.
Not that everyone will, but it just seems like it would cause more harm than anything.
Then again it also depends on what the reward is.
Nothing big, and definitely nothing that gives them an advantage in a game.
Maybe just a special name color?

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
They shouldn't get donor perks. That would be unfair for the new people, getting kicked off everytime someone with a really high score wants to get more. I don't know the rest of the donor perks, so I don't know if they are fair but the one I DO know would be unfair.
However, I like the idea of just a special colour for the name. That sounds fun, and I would still want to go for that. Maybe Gold (&6). That's my favourite! I always want it when I can :p.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Take it from me. Ive been in the top ten (for a while) and you need to win atleast 3 matches a day to remain there. Personally, i dont have the time to spend trying to keep up with other people who can and will spend their living breathing days trying to be the best. My point is, i havent played 'to win' in a week and ive already dropped to 30th from 7th. So im not in 30th because im good, but not as good as the top 10, im in 30th because i dont have the time to spend 4 hours playing a videogame everyday.

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Take it from me. Ive been in the top ten (for a while) and you need to win atleast 3 matches a day to remain there. Personally, i dont have the time to spend trying to keep up with other people who can and will spend their living breathing days trying to be the best. My point is, i havent played 'to win' in a week and ive already dropped to 30th from 7th. So im not in 30th because im good, but not as good as the top 10, im in 30th because i dont have the time to spend 4 hours playing a videogame everyday.
what does that have anything to do with this thread?
If they had an automated system, then this wouldn't be a problem

Aeruner

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Not sure about the donor advantages, but a different colored name would be pretty cool.
PS: Congratulations on hitting top ten!

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ya a diff colored name would prolly be the best.
And thanks :D

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
what does that have anything to do with this thread?
If they had an automated system, then this wouldn't be a problem
My point was, that to be in the top ten, takes A LOT of time and effort. Its not something you can do overnight and players who just start will need MONTHS before they can even reach 100. it gets harder and harder to get top 10 everyday and the only people who remain there are the ones who play everyday, all the time.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, not to give away much, but we are planning host a tournament for the top 12 people for each location to win prizes (is that enough perks?). I don't want any in game perks even if you donate as I don't want to have it unfair to anyone else.

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
ooo fun! thats another thing I was thinking having a tourny for the whole server... but your idea of top 12 is cool too lol. I gotta stay in the top twelve now... lol
Prizes are neat..
I still think maybe a colored name for top 10 or so would be cool.
But ya I totally understand about no actual perks. Thanks chad

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't think it's a good Idea because when you do that only more people are going to log if they lose a fight or if they get a bad start.

CandyFTW

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah i think a colored name for the top 10 would be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci