• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Perk for top leaderboards?

Good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Yes but different perk

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
ok well this is getting off topic. topic was perks for the leaderboard. Which chad has answered to so it should ended there.
I suggest making another thread to change the leaderboards if you think they should be on averages.

Tetra_Zymph

Tribute
Reaction score
Well, not to give away much, but we are planning host a tournament for the top 12 people for each location to win prizes (is that enough perks?). I don't want any in game perks even if you donate as I don't want to have it unfair to anyone else.
Do you mean /top leader boards or do you mean the website leader boards.

supermuddypuddle

Experienced
Reaction score
well i say people in the below 15,000 rating should get like apiece of bread to start out with not the people int the top place

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
i honestly couldn't care less about points or even winning matches. i'm here to enjoy the experience, not concern myself with being the best. i count it as a win in my books if i can survive to be one of the last 6 or so left. by doing so i've proved i'm a survivour, not necessarily a killer/winner, but i've got the skills to get far enough into the games to enjoy my times there... I get that for a lot of people having something to show for your efforts is neat, but apart from potentially gaining in invite to special events, i have no interest in gaining points. If i want to be apart of a huge event in the Survival Games, i'll watch inthelittlewood or Bashur stream their rounds, much more exciting in my opinion ^_^

jefeperro

Diamond
Reaction score
Lets settle this once and for all... The true top ranked player is the one who has opened the most chests.....
Right?

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Lets settle this once and for all... The true top ranked player is the one who has opened the most chests.....
Right?
well that would make even less sence. You could just run and open chests and not even get whats in them to save time just to spam your chest count. And does opening the same chest boost your score? This is just silly...

And to everyone else yes being able to play more often would increase chances of wins. But skill comes with that.
1. the more you play the better you get at it. So the people that play a million games would become more skilled at it
2. what you guys were saying isnt nessisarily true. If you had no skill and just played a lot of games, that dosnt ensure you a win. Every game would still be difficult to win and require skill, you dont will the games by luck alone.

Some of you are saying all you need is time and not skill. I dont believe this to be the case. I believe you need skill, then time. A person with time but no skill would not make it to the top leaderboards. Maybe they would win 1 game ever 40? Whereas a person that has skill and time wins 30 games out of 40. And a person with skill and no time wins 13 out of 15 games. This shows that the person who is at the top of the leaderboard has skill AND time. And the person with time alone would still be lower on the leaderboard than the person without time.

Look at me for example. I am on the top 10 and I have skill. Have you seen my videos? Ide like to think I am much better than most people and I deserve my rank. Time has only helped hone my skill.
You guys are saying no skill and time gives you rank?
Well in my case time gave me skill and skill game me rank.

The long and the short of it is, you need skill AND time to get to the top 10. So stop trying to blame time for the reason you aren't on the top ten.

I do agree wins may not be the best tracker though. An average of games played vs wins, and even number of kills somehow calculated in there would be more accurate. But I dont think that ranking would be far off from the current one. Sure some people would be moved, but for the majority it would stay the same.

jefeperro

Diamond
Reaction score
ya that was my attempt at humor on a seemingly impossible problem to fix....
What I meant to say was that nomatter what ranking system is chosen you will have people complaining that there should be a different criteria to determine rank (in many cases this improves the persons rank).
Let's focus some people's time and energy into fixing the real problems with these servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci