• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Petition - Change the deleting evidence rule. [200+ Signatures!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotCanziano

Diamond
Reaction score
Yes they are. Sarcastic remarks to only escalate the situation will be removed. Please read the conversation and if you have any questions on the topic pm them to a member of staff.
I don't think Kall was being sarcastic.

xGtZz

Career
Reaction score
You realize people have internet limits, caps on data, etc. If we required our moderators to reupload every bit of evidence, our moderators would run out of internet half a month in. Some like our australian moderators get very little data a month, and physically cannot reupload things on a regular basis. However, having an appropriate amount of moderators is much higher of a priority than this.

This entire situation was dealt with long ago. People received their repramandations, and went on their way. It is unnecessary and irrelevant to conversation as it is not the players place to be in the inner workings of the administration. Any further insults thrown at anyone could result in a ban from the forums. Honest discussion is fine for conversation, if this thread gets any more flame-esque, it will be removed.
Still doesn't take away that Dave gets away with it, and cscoop and other people who deleted their evidence do.

EDIT: Don't*

Domilz

Career
Reaction score
Yes they are. Sarcastic remarks to only escalate the situation will be removed. Please read the conversation and if you have any questions on the topic pm them to a member of staff.
Well I didn't lie though as I really had to reset my hard drive and if I would get banned because of that. It would be really sad, don't you think?

Giolightning

Survivor
Reaction score
Then have the moderator w/ data caps send it to a moderator without (Pretty sure most players in the US don't have data caps)
That would mean that MCSG needs more moderators then......

cscoop

Platinum
Reaction score
A two minute video, x 10-15 a day, x 30 days. That is a lot of data.
I'm not saying that they need to upload every video of the day... if they just keep it on their YouTube channel it doesn't take up space. The volunteer shouldn't be burdened with keeping it on their YouTube or computer because that is not their job.

B

Buxtonaters

This entire situation was dealt with long ago. People received their repramandations, and went on their way. It is unnecessary and irrelevant to conversation as it is not the players place to be in the inner workings of the administration. Any further insults thrown at anyone could result in a ban from the forums. Honest discussion is fine for conversation, if this thread gets any more flame-esque, it will be removed.
I haven't insulted anyone. I'm just asking why Dave is allowed to delete evidence to help a friend with no permission what so ever., while it was against the rules to delete evidence Yet when someone who went out of his/her way to record and have banned a hacker accidentally gets the evidence removed is perm banned? Just doesn't seem fair and just to me.

cscoop

Platinum
Reaction score
Still doesn't take away that Dave gets away with it, and cscoop and other people who deleted their evidence do.

EDIT: Don't*
The situation with dave is not relevant. That was in the past, and they had to deal with it then. Don't use that as an argument for this situation please c:

CAmadeusA

District 13
Reaction score
I'm not saying that they need to upload every video of the day... if they just keep it on their YouTube channel it doesn't take up space. The volunteer shouldn't be burdened with keeping it on their YouTube or computer because that is not their job.
In order to get it on to their youtube channel, they must first redownload the video and reupload it on their own. We already do this for some certain bans, however, it would be impossible to do such for all.

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
It has always been stated. For reference, see the report abuse template.

A database is a place to store data. Videos fall under the qualification of data. That was also a quote as Ive seen "store it in your database" as a major suggestion from several people who don't understand the magnitude of what they're asking.

Again, I took the average, as most users don't know about video compression, etc.

I can agree with you on the first sentence. They look through every report abuse and be sure its valid. When reporting people, or using any of our services, you agree to follow our rules. Its put blatantly in our rules that removing evidence will get you a ban.

Im more than open to reasonable suggestions, all so far have been unreasonable, or impossible to implement. We currently have the best solution in place for what resources we are given. If a better solution comes up, it'll be adopted. So far, there has been no "better solution" .

You realize we are consistently adopting new rules, just because it was once edited in january doesn't mean that was when that rule was put in place. We also can, not show edit information. We edit it several times a month keeping it in a stabile condition.
Database would not be required. The videos and pictures just have to be stored in a folder. Each evidence has their own unique link, for example: /home/banpanel/evidence/videos/hacker1.avi
No need for an expensive database.

So if they want to clear up their channel, they have to ask the moderators to make backups of their evidence and reupload them to the ban reports. Why not do this in the first place? Which I've suggested before, multiple times.
Sounds rather resonable, don't you think?

CAm, as you surely know. I was moderator here between 2012 and 2014. This rule was not implemented until Febuary this year. Hardly 1.5 years is it? Oh, I also have proof of it.

This is a screenshot from June 2013: http://i.imgur.com/BVsKiyy.png

This is a screenshot from November 2013: http://i.imgur.com/TGmi0fG.png

And finally, a screenshot from Febuary 2014: http://i.imgur.com/oS6Zg8T.png

Not enough proof, think I photoshopped it?
Then here are some links to proove it even more:
June 2013: http://web.archive.org/web/20130713...threads/mcsg-updated-rules-version-3-0.12254/
November 2013: http://web.archive.org/web/20131109...threads/mcsg-updated-rules-version-3-0.12254/
Febuary 2014: http://web.archive.org/web/20140208...threads/mcsg-updated-rules-version-3-0.12254/

Oh I do love a bit of investigation to get facts right.

Domilz

Career
Reaction score
I haven't insulted anyone. I'm just asking why Dave is allowed to delete evidence to help a friend with no permission what so ever., while it was against the rules to delete evidence Yet when someone who went out of his/her way to record and have banned a hacker accidentally gets the evidence removed is perm banned? Just doesn't seem fair and just to me.
If you in the staff could answer this question correctly and not only say "This have been dealt with a long time ago" it would have been much easier. Say how it is okay?

Giolightning

Survivor
Reaction score
There isn't any flame?
Its common facts that we are listing, and discussions that we are questioning.
No one is above rules such as dave.
He can delete evidence but we can't?
DOESNT SEEM FAIR

cscoop

Platinum
Reaction score
In order to get it on to their youtube channel, they must first redownload the video and reupload it on their own. We already do this for some certain bans, however, it would be impossible to do such for all.
I was told that in a mod meeting moderators where told that they didn't have to re-upload it. That is what the person that handled the ban that got me banned told me, and he told me he was wrong not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci