• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Petition - Change the deleting evidence rule. [200+ Signatures!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nix

Platinum
Reaction score
I, [insert name here] would like to sign the petition.

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
There should be no punishment. Its the staff's job to tell the players not to delete the evidence. Who would want to keep a 7 month old evidence just in case that person decides to post a ban dispute (its happened, the person waited 7 months). If they are so worried about having evidence, then some sort of backup of the evidence should be made. The moderator who bans the player, should make a backup of the evidence.

Why would anyone want to purposly team up with someone, get him banned, later remove evidence and then the other person posts a ban dispute to get unbanned? This is illogical. Every removal of evidence is done because they feel that it is no longer needed, not because they want to help someone get unbanned (unless they are somehow persuaded to remove the evidence....)

Why should posting a report abuse have included a risk of getting banned? This just discourages people to report players, for fear they might get banned. The community is meant to help catch hackers and get a pat on the back, not a warning "You will get banned if you remove the evidence."

Reaction score
There should be no punishment. Its the staff's job to tell the players not to delete the evidence. Who would want to keep a 7 month old evidence just in case that person decides to post a ban dispute (its happened, the person waited 7 months). If they are so worried about having evidence, then some sort of backup of the evidence should be made. The moderator who bans the player, should make a backup of the evidence.

Why would anyone want to purposly team up with someone, get him banned, later remove evidence and then the other person posts a ban dispute to get unbanned? This is illogical. Every removal of evidence is done because they feel that it is no longer needed, not because they want to help someone get unbanned (unless they are somehow persuaded to remove the evidence....)

Why should posting a report abuse have included a risk of getting banned? This just discourages people to report players, for fear they might get banned. The community is meant to help catch hackers and get a pat on the back, not a warning "You will get banned if you remove the evidence."
I was actually just about to close my old yt channel with like 5 videos of hackers or something .-. Now I have to still keep it open just because I will get banned for a stupid rule. If they really want it, why not make backup. It's just so r*****ed (censored that for some people).

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
"I've been away for the past month, and you don't even have evidence to keep me banned? That's so unfair"

if that happened to a regular player who made a forum thread, they would be told that it's tough luck.

if that happened to a popular player, there would be a ton of complaints about your suggested system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci