• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Petition to allow BSM in MCSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulthar

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm legit gonna leave MCSG if this gets accepted, BSM still has functions superior to those of Vanilla sprint mechanics

Krafty

District 13
Reaction score
I'm legit gonna leave MCSG if this gets accepted, BSM still has functions superior to those of Vanilla sprint mechanics
No it doesn't have any advantages PvP wise. Mac users can bind their sprint key to caps-lock keeping you srinting forever, basically mimicking BSM.

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I believe that BSM should not be allowed. Some people will not be able to install BSM and or use it.

ulthar

Diamond
Reaction score
No it doesn't have any advantages PvP wise. Mac users can bind their sprint key to caps-lock keeping you srinting forever, basically mimicking BSM.
With the vanilla new sprint, you can hit a person and your sprint stops for a brief second then turns back on automatically. With BSM you don't have that slowdown for a second. I do realize there's no way to track if people are using BSM anymore, but the slight advantage is an advantage and should be still not allowed to be used.

Krafty

District 13
Reaction score
With the vanilla new sprint, you can hit a person and your sprint stops for a brief second then turns back on automatically. With BSM you don't have that slowdown for a second. I do realize there's no way to track if people are using BSM anymore, but the slight advantage is an advantage and should be still not allowed to be used.
Yes but that would still be an unfair advantage towards PC users, mac users won't get wobble sprint as often, and they can just keep sprint on landing them combos, making it easier for them. BSM will balance it out. Also there won't be BSM bans anymore as a person can just say he was holding down the sprint key, making it untrackable.

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Take me off this stupid thread, I don't want BSM and DO NOT support it, so untag me.

Demcmd

Experienced
Reaction score
BSM is different than the Minecraft sprint button. For Minecraft, you have to hold a separate button and walk forwards to toggle the sprint feature. In BSM, you just continuously use the forward button to continuously sprint until you are no longer able to (low hunger). There's also a feature in BSM for sneaking, which will toggle your sneak and let you sneak while you are chatting.

I don't support allowing BSM, considering the features in BSM that can be used for cheating in-game.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
If there's no way to track, the only way to have anyone banned for it is self-evidence. The advantage really is mitigated so much at this point I'm not sure we really need BSM to be illegal anymore. It will just wind up creating more difficult situations for staff.

ulthar

Diamond
Reaction score
If there's no way to track, the only way to have anyone banned for it is self-evidence. The advantage really is mitigated so much at this point I'm not sure we really need BSM to be illegal anymore. It will just wind up creating more difficult situations for staff.
People on PC, me not included would have an unfair advantage, but its like optifine, but with a bad aftertaste

Krafty

District 13
Reaction score
BSM is different than the Minecraft sprint button. For Minecraft, you have to hold a separate button and walk forwards to toggle the sprint feature. In BSM, you just continuously use the forward button to continuously sprint until you are no longer able to (low hunger). There's also a feature in BSM for sneaking, which will toggle your sneak and let you sneak while you are chatting.

I don't support allowing BSM, considering the features in BSM that can be used for cheating in-game.
Mac users can bind Sprint to caps lock basically making it BSM as they stay in sprint forever.

Giving them an unfair advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci