• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Petition to allow BSM in MCSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
Minecraft sprint doesn't give an advantage because everyone has it, and everyone can use it. On the other hand, not everyone knows about BSM, and out of the people that do, not all of them actually choose to use it.
Obviously, there are some advantages we cannot minimize, such as the Mac caps lock sprint bug (which, by the way, is considered exploiting a Minecraft bug, and is technically bannable if you were to openly admit to it), but as I said, we try to "level out the playing field" as much as possible so that the difference between a win and a loss doesn't come down to BSM.
When I was talking to a senior mod, he told me that BSM was a very delicate issue, and it came down to a staff vote to see if it was or was not BSM. Am I the only one who thinks that this is completely wrong and biased? Or was he lying to me?

How will you differentiate between the two?
How will you know if I am using BSM, or just holding my sprint key down with my pinkie finger the whole game?
Tell me, I'm interested.

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
Hey guys... So, the reason that BSM is still bannable, is due to the fact that Better Sprint Mod has many other features than just the sprint button. One for example, is the ability to sprint full speed backwards and to the sides. Another, is the ability to fly faster, and to disable the double tapping of W. Using the 1.7 sprint is fully supported, and we advise you use it, if you feel you wish. IF there is a mod that fixes the sprint without providing any other features above the basic in vanilla, it would be allowed. Due to what BSM turns out to be in the future, and how it interacts with multiplayer, will be determined when it is released and the officiality of supporting and overturning that rule will be discussed among the staff. Its interesting to see the amount of support that BSM has here, but will still remain against the rules until a decision is come to by the staff... Thanks for reading this, and have a wonderful day!
It does not allow you to run full speed every which way unless you are an OP of the server, or the server has a config for it.

Decemberr

VIP (;
Reaction score
Why not? Haven't you seen all the unfair bans for BSM? Now, will there been even more? We could save so much time on allowing BSM. I don't understand why can't we just accept the mod.
If the ban truly is unfair, they can get unbanned. That is the purpose of ban disputes.

I highly disagree with anyone that supports this. BSM and 1.7 sprint are not the same. Please get your information straight before you go on and agree with it being allowed.

This is a pointless petition, BSM will not be allowed.

Last edited:

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
can't people just play the game? we have a built in sprint now, great, why change it? Why make such a big deal about such a little topic, its just causing controversy and making people angry. Just use the built in sprint, its better that way for some people, and its better than arguing about illegal mods...
Yes, its a game, lets play with the tools they gave us, but theres more things we have to think about. Lets think of Mac users VS Pc users, lets think how much can BSM affect us. Think, does it affects us allowing Better Sprinting Mod? It just makes less unfair bans for Better Sprinting Mod and it would be better in all position.

Burtry

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hey guys... So, the reason that BSM is still bannable, is due to the fact that Better Sprint Mod has many other features than just the sprint button. One for example, is the ability to sprint full speed backwards and to the sides. Another, is the ability to fly faster, and to disable the double tapping of W. Using the 1.7 sprint is fully supported, and we advise you use it, if you feel you wish. IF there is a mod that fixes the sprint without providing any other features above the basic in vanilla, it would be allowed. Due to what BSM turns out to be in the future, and how it interacts with multiplayer, will be determined when it is released and the officiality of supporting and overturning that rule will be discussed among the staff. Its interesting to see the amount of support that BSM has here, but will still remain against the rules until a decision is come to by the staff... Thanks for reading this, and have a wonderful day!
You can only sprint backwards in SSP...

Dusk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I, Purge, think BSM should be allowed on MCSG.

CAmadeusA

District 13
Reaction score
"the mod adds a whole bunch of features to the sprinting system 1.7 still won't have, like ability to disable double-tapping W, toggle keys or the popular flying boost. For these reasons, the mod will continue to be updated, it will just take a little extra time to adapt to the new Controls menu and sprinting system."Taken Directly from BSM's Page... BSM, is not only wont be updated for a while, but still has several features that will be discussed among the staff...

At this point in time, this thread has become a good bit more flamey warish (between both staff and community alike)... This thread will be locked until the point comes that either an admin would like to post an official statement, or a conclusion has been come to before the previous happens...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci