• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Planet Minecraft + MCSG SG Arena Contest!

BobbingBobCat

Tribute
Reaction score
Hey there! We'll, I have a few questions if anyone would like to answer them!
My team and I recently got a server and started to build our map. The thing is, we're not excellent builders but it's turned out way better than expected! Anywho, I'd like to ask how would MCSG know which chests are teir two and such -chests with redstone traps ect-. We have quite a few hard to find/hidden chests which we would think of as teir two's. Also, my other question is, if you're not finished your map are you still allowed to post your entry and update it as you make progress? Such as, have "15% complete" and add a picture each time & some updates that you've made?
If this is allowed, i'd like to be reassured that the judges won't just look at my entry when it's half way done?

Thanks for taking time to read this! Good luck to everyone and may the odds be ever in your favor!

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
Hey there! We'll, I have a few questions if anyone would like to answer them!
My team and I recently got a server and started to build our map. The thing is, we're not excellent builders but it's turned out way better than expected! Anywho, I'd like to ask how would MCSG know which chests are teir two and such -chests with redstone traps ect-. We have quite a few hard to find/hidden chests which we would think of as teir two's. Also, my other question is, if you're not finished your map are you still allowed to post your entry and update it as you make progress? Such as, have "15% complete" and add a picture each time & some updates that you've made?
If this is allowed, i'd like to be reassured that the judges won't just look at my entry when it's half way done?

Thanks for taking time to read this! Good luck to everyone and may the odds be ever in your favor!
I'm fairly sure that the chests fill automatically but they mark out which chests are tier when putting in the map. As for the progress updates, you could probably make a page or something for it on either these forums or planet minecraft and put your updates there if you wish to post updates. Once the map's done, you can submit it into the contest.

zachislegit

Survivor
Reaction score
So are each of the servers going to hold one map each so you can preview more maps, or are there only going to loop a few maps on all the servers?

Caleb Mann

Platinum
Reaction score

Yes you heard right! The PlanetMinecraft.com community are teaming up with MCSG to host the first ever Arena Map Making contest for their site! Win cool prizes like a $120 steam gift card and other perks in both PMC and MCSG! Have an idea for a map you been holding off making? Well now is the time to post it on Planet Minecraft and submit it to the contest! Some of you already been noting that there are special PMC servers. Those servers will be used to add in maps submitted to the contest for judging by the public. So these servers will be removed once the contest is over, but that is why they are there. They will be turned on once people start submitting maps to judge.

What more information? Be sure to check out the contest located here:
http://www.planetminecraft.com/contests/minecraft-survival-games-arena-contest

Note: You cannot submit old maps that were already posted online anywhere. This contest requires any map creation date needs to be specifically made for this contest after the start date of today! FYI.
Dude, this is legit :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci