• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Planned downtime, server upgrades starting at 11PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cataclysmic

Survivor
Reaction score
Chad, im pretty sure the majority of the players liked the new deathmatch, nearly everyone i played with did. Have you ever thought that maybe the people that wanted it gone were the only ones complaining on the forums? Like the people who liked it and were content had nothing to complain about. What im trying to say is that i dont think you have a completely legit way of knowing what the players prefer, as the ones who dislike it are more compelled to get it removed. :/

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Chad, im pretty sure the majority of the players liked the new deathmatch, nearly everyone i played with did. Have you ever thought that maybe the people that wanted it gone were the only ones complaining on the forums? Like the people who liked it and were content had nothing to complain about. What im trying to say is that i dont think you have a completely legit way of knowing what the players prefer, as the ones who dislike it are more compelled to get it removed. :/
In-Game poll could resolve it but might be a bit messy because some new players might not know what it's about.

Frostyyy

Tribute
Reaction score
^ The deathmatch isn't being removed, just changed, from what I gather.

Darlo2k4

Career
Reaction score
The problem was that people with good computers liked it, and bad computers disliked it, as they became extremely laggy and would usually lose. So to make it fair, we are changing elements of it. Don't worry, the essence of it is still there.

Cataclysmic

Survivor
Reaction score
Okay i understand that, but im mostly talking about the 20 minute timer, for me at least, i've never seen one person on a server say they dislike the shorter timer. Thats just my experience, but i play a lot of mcsg,(been a bit busy lately) so it cant be a coincidence. The only time ive seen people disliking it is on the forums.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
With the deathmatch changes, will there be a fix for that thing where people would hide along the edges with the fences and wait out the time?

Well, to be more specific, this. http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/broken-deathmatch.9868/

As well, thanks for doing a great job and fixing/improving all those other things! I've not had any problems with the arena myself, but I feel for those who did. I will miss how it looks now though, it's pretty awesome with the lava/fire/sand.

Doomd12

Survivor
Reaction score
Aww i like 20 minutes games but will the deathmatch start when there 3 people or back to 2 people ?

Racky

Spectator
Reaction score
are there any more ways that you could possibly reduce the lag in the arena?

D

DJMaestro12

I added a revision as I wasn't completely clear:

• 40 minutes games for 24 and 48 tribute games
  • 60 minute games for 120 tribute games.
Hmm... :/

I liked the 20 minute games, as there are LOADS more free servers to play on, rather than wasting 30-40 minutes after you die just watching afkers sit on there butts at the corn and stuff... D:

I thought that this would be appropriate:

30 minutes for 24 tribute games
45 - 50 minutes for 48 tribute games
60 - 80 minutes for 120 tribute games

My reason I chose these was because out of 16 different matches I played and watched, 1 Tribute died every 100 or so seconds, so I think this would work well.

It's just my opinion, because I normally play on 24T servers, and it never gets boring with 20 minutes on the clock. (It's actually sometimes too hectic, so 30 minutes I think would be quite nice indeed!) This is just how I'd run the MCSG if I was an admin. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci