• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Playing Discontinued Maps on a Dedicated Server

Should we have servers that can play the old maps?

• Yes ; I'd love to play these maps again

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Yes ; I'm new and I'd love to experience what used to be McSG

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • No ; Maps were removed for a reason, and should not come back!

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No ; Waste of money and time

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

on9

Platinum
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, that's a test server for possibly future maps, such as the old PMC servers that were removed (if possible, they should bring them back. They were awesome).

Great idea, but the maps, as said before, were removed for a reason. But, on the bright side, the newer players would possibly play it, but what makes you think they would absolutely love it? Servers are a lot of money, especially the fact that they buy them 25 at a time. I would like it because it reminds me of the good old days back in 2012, but I don't know if it's worth it or not..
I think we all realise servers cost money, but why not dedicate a few servers like lets say sg195-199 to old maps? No money would be wasted then

bob_brickman99

Survivor
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, that's a test server for possibly future maps, such as the old PMC servers that were removed (if possible, they should bring them back. They were awesome).

Great idea, but the maps, as said before, were removed for a reason. But, on the bright side, the newer players would possibly play it, but what makes you think they would absolutely love it? Servers are a lot of money, especially the fact that they buy them 25 at a time. I would like it because it reminds me of the good old days back in 2012, but I don't know if it's worth it or not..
Lol check out my thread here:http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/a-test-dummy-server.145670
Has this exact thing :p

N0va

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm sure we can dedicate five servers. I don't know about the other regions but there are always a couple of servers that aren't full (AU), which is just a waste of money.

If we do manage to bring these maps back, maybe some of the more nostalgic players would want to play again, as well as curious people! Just a thought...

EDIT : Poll has been added! Feel free to vote on your choice! You can vote for a maximum of two choices!

Last edited:

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't remember a day when all the US Games were full, and this is worth knocking off five servers anyway!

I'm all for it, as long as it doesn't cause any negative consequences. :D

PLEASE, I wanna play some of my old favorite maps again!

Xystz

Quantum
Reaction score
The only discontinued map that I actually liked was Wyvern's Wake.

Reaction score
This could go two ways
Either people would play it or either people won't,
This is a good idea but the maps were removed for a reason nobody was willing to play them then news maps came.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
Yeah, I support this because I would love to play on maps such as Yellowstone and Skyland's Survival for those MCSGv1 feels. However, the people before me are correct, there are reasons the maps were removed, and that was because no one played them. It wouldn't hurt to have a few servers dedicated to discontinued maps, but what if no one played in them? Who knows, but I know that I would definitely play on these servers if they were added.

Kailey

Platinum
Reaction score
I'd actually love for this to be a thing. Wyvern's Wake and Moonlight Lake were two of my favorite maps and It'd be really fun to play on them again. I doubt it'll actually happen though, seeing as some of the maps were removed at the map creators request but I think it would make a lot of people in the community happy if this was implemented.

LegendarySkills

Tribute
Reaction score
I think this is a great idea, while maps were removed for a reason there were people which did like them and were sadden by the result. So by having even a tiny fraction of server dedicated to these maps would be awesome. I really want to play the removed maps as some are unique.

Julius345

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this will be another one of those things that will be played the first 2 days after it comes out, but will completely die after.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci