• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Please make solo only sg servers

Agree?

• Ya

Votes: 27 79.4%
  • Na

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
As the tittle says.

This is because the teams are at the highest point I've ever seen them.

There are atleast 3 two teams a game and a 3-4 teams every couple of games.

People are ruining the game.
Playing teamed doesn't helps you get better.

Play solo, make your own way.

Some people I never see not teamed. It's ridiculous.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
That wouldn't be a bad idea and I think a lot of people would enjoy that but just because we want it, doesn't mean it will be easy to do. Sure we can have solo sg games but it would be impossible to regulate and moderate which would be a big problem for the overall gameplay. There would have to be some game modifications to allow it to stay solo only.

One modification would probably taking away all a names and skins so you cant tell people apart. Even then that doesn't prevent people from typing in chat and meeting up with people and teaming. Lets say we disable chat, people playing over Skype or teamspeak could find each other and team. You can make it harder to team but I cant think of a way to completely prevent people from teaming.

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That wouldn't be a bad idea and I think a lot of people would enjoy that but just because we want it, doesn't mean it will be easy to do. Sure we can have solo sg games but it would be impossible to regulate and moderate which would be a big problem if we had people teaming on a solo server. There would have to be some game modifications to allow it to stay solo only.

One modification would probably taking away all a names and skins so you cant tell people apart. Even then that doesn't prevent people from typing in chat and meeting up with people and teaming. Lets say we disable chat, people playing over Skype or teamspeak could find each other and team. You can make it harder to team but I cant think of a way to completely prevent people from teaming.
While I agree with some of your points, like editing the game a tad to accommodate the solo SG feel. I however do not agree with you on the difficulty of moderating it.

HiveMC a few months ago released a new gamemode on their servers called SG:Heroes, in this game you essentially thrown into an SG map and for 3 minutes you run around and collect items, safe from PVP and any other sort of damage. Anyway, in the final deathmatch there is no teaming, something that the Hive community had been begging for, for ages. And from the 100+ games I have played so far I have only seen 2-3 teams and they were instantly reported by fellow players because they had for so long wanted a gamemode that was solo. So as I read the question and your response, along with the amount of threads like this that have been brought up so far, I feel the response would be the same in the MCGamer community due to the anxiousness, in my opinion a much needed gamemode.

In all honesty though, I do feel a solo SG type would be an amazing game, I do really like fighting teams.

Last edited:

Dexcom

Experienced
Reaction score
I really don't care I like fighting teams and I like playing solo :D

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
Fine to team if you have under 100 wins. But good players with under 1/7 ratios should not be teaming. Do an FFA with your friends. DONT YOU GUYS EVEN LISTEN TO HUAHWU

Thedarkemporer

Spectator
Reaction score
Fine to team if you have under 100 wins. But good players with under 1/7 ratios should not be teaming. Do an FFA with your friends. DONT YOU GUYS EVEN LISTEN TO HUAHWU
I don't think you understand teaming. Teamers don't team so they can screw with people and ruin everyone's day. They do it because it is a fun thing to do. Wake up on a Saturday morning, putting on some PJ's and calling up a buddy on Skype for some MCSG, it's one of the funnest things in the world. I team because I like to play with my buddies. Now Randy Teamers, those guys are annoying. Those are the ones who beg and demand that random strangers team with them.

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
I don't think you understand teaming. Teamers don't team so they can screw with people and ruin everyone's day. They do it because it is a fun thing to do. Wake up on a Saturday morning, putting on some PJ's and calling up a buddy on Skype for some MCSG, it's one of the funnest things in the world. I team because I like to play with my buddies. Now Randy Teamers, those guys are annoying. Those are the ones who beg and demand that random strangers team with them.
Your point of it being fun is valid.

But to have a lot of teams in every game and seeing people who never play solo saddens me.

Think if you were new to the game, and you die every single game from people teaming because it's fun. It wouldn't be that fun for me and I don't think I would keep playing. I'm fine seeing a few teams here and there as they pose a challenge. But dealing with 4 plus 2 teams a game is just a waste of time. Even if you do kill them all. Teams who treat it like a clan battle and try so hard. Even just defensive teams.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Teams keep SG interesting in my opinion. Don't get upset when you die to a team, just go in knowing that you are probably gonna die, and when you die just tell yourself it was bad luck. However, when you manage to take out a team, in particular a stacked one it is a very satisfying feeling.

FadingPixels

Career
Reaction score
As the tittle says.

This is because the teams are at the highest point I've ever seen them.

There are atleast 3 two teams a game and a 3-4 teams every couple of games.

People are ruining the game.
Playing teamed doesn't helps you get better.

Play solo, make your own way.

Some people I never see not teamed. It's ridiculous.
The funny thing is that you've teamed too and many other people felt the same way as you but no one has complained but why are you complaining?

Creepah

Career
Reaction score
I like the idea.

Maybe out of 100 servers, 20 or so are designated to solo mode for those who want to play more competitively. However, there's two main problems I can see with this.

Regulating and enforcing the no-teaming rule would be hard, as there won't be a moderator in every game and despite most people wanting to play solo in these games, there's always those who think it'd be funny to ruin it for everyone else.

On the topic of people who want to ruin the game, hackers would be even more advantaged as they won't face any teams, and hackers normally win 1 v 1s so they'd have a high chance of winning. Hopefully the crack down on hackers will make this less of a problem.

Lebron12

Quantum
Reaction score
The funny thing is that you've teamed too and many other people felt the same way as you but no one has complained but why are you complaining?
To survive the teams, the only way IS to team. By adding solo only servers it actually means people won't ever have to deal with this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci