• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Point Loss System.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
BACKSTORY: I've been having an off day today, Yesterday I played awesome and raised my score to 700 points, but today I havent had such luck, and because I lose 50 points every death, im now bairly managing to maintain 550 points.

THESIS: Can we lower the point loss rate, i worked my ass of for a high score and I lost so much of it today alone. just lower the maximum to 40, or 35, instead of 50. cause almost all players are bellow the 300 mark making every kill on me extremely costly.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
if the person who killed you has 1/2 as many points or less, then its 50 points, it decreases as players near your score.

Duyts

Tribute
Reaction score
Here's an easy fix: don't be killed by players you're "better" than. If you earned 700+ points, then a guy with 100 points shouldn't be able to kill you so easily, statistically.

InvincibleForce

Survivor
Reaction score
Here's an easy fix: don't be killed by players you're "better" than. If you earned 700+ points, then a guy with 100 points shouldn't be able to kill you so easily, statistically.
Agreed, I don't think I've ever came close to killing a player over 200 anyway.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well I wouldn't care as much except that I prefer to be a Solo player and if im up against 2 v 1 and were evenly matched, im screwed...

InvincibleForce

Survivor
Reaction score
Well I wouldn't care as much except that I prefer to be a Solo player and if im up against 2 v 1 and were evenly matched, im screwed...
Guess you are right. Only if there was some way to decrease the point total of an alliance... :(

Duyts

Tribute
Reaction score
Well, cameron, didn't you just say in another thread that the point of these games was to kill people? Or is it only you that's supposed to kill others? Avoiding conflict doesn't sound so bad now, does it?

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well, cameron, didn't you just say in another thread that the point of these games was to kill people? Or is it only you that's supposed to kill others? Avoiding conflict doesn't sound so bad now, does it?
Actually, im usually pretty cool with any fight, unless I know I have a major disadvantage, and I never said I was the best guy out there, i just want to reduce the amount I lose, because I started with 669 this morning and ended with 527... not my best day :p

Duyts

Tribute
Reaction score
I just think it's funny how the ones I see complaining about the points system the most are the ones with the most points.

Also, news flash for everyone.. This is just a game.. Your kill count and number of points really don't make a difference in the world.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Actually, players with higher points are most likely to be invited into possible "upcoming" tournaments (Or Quarter Quells as Im hearing them referred to as). so the point system does matter. Another thing is that players with higher score generally are better at the PVP aspect of the game (in regards to consistency) rather than a player who has bellow 100.

Duyts

Tribute
Reaction score
Idk. I just know that I play these games to have fun, and I don't really care about the points. I'll sit here happily with my 69 points and wait for someone to make a joke sexual joke about it while I laugh to myself about people with 700+ points raging because they got killed and lost a few "ever-so-precious" points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci