• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Point Loss System.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I dont like losing.... hence the Background story at the beginning and the creation of this thread.

Duyts

Tribute
Reaction score
Well, bud, it's a game. You can't win all the time. So you had an off day. Oh well. You'll probably earn back your 142 points and then some within a day or so.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Why are points so important? Is that what games have come to? Getting all the achievements or the most points? Games are simply meant to be enjoyed for the pleasure of the playing: not to show off.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I enjoy the experience of winning more than the frustration of making stupid mistakes. and believe me, I make a lot of "Stupid Mistakes" ;P

Duyts

Tribute
Reaction score
Why are points so important? Is that what games have come to? Getting all the achievements or the most points? Games are simply meant to be enjoyed for the pleasure of the playing: not to show off.
While I wish I could win (I've still yet to win a match, even after dozens of plays), I still love playing just to play. I still get the jitters when standing on the pedestals, waiting for the match to begin, and actually get an adrenaline rush when stalking someone or, even moreso, when running for my life. I think I like those feelings just as much, if not more, than I usually like the feeling of winning (I'm sure that I'll have a huge celebration when/if I finally win, though.)

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
While I wish I could win (I've still yet to win a match, even after dozens of plays), I still love playing just to play. I still get the jitters when standing on the pedestals, waiting for the match to begin, and actually get an adrenaline rush when stalking someone or, even moreso, when running for my life. I think I like those feelings just as much, if not more, than I usually like the feeling of winning (I'm sure that I'll have a huge celebration when/if I finally win, though.)
my favourite feeling is running up on someone and you know they don't know you're coming, and you lean back in your chair as you sprint towards them :p

Duyts

Tribute
Reaction score
I enjoy the experience of winning more than the frustration of making stupid mistakes. and believe me, I make a lot of "Stupid Mistakes" ;P
Only time I've ever raged at a loss of mine was when I was killed by a known hacker or when I was about to accomplish something (glitch my way out of a hole/trap, complete a puzzle/parkour for the first time, etc.) and then got killed

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Worked my way back up to 650 :p anyway, i just want to see if the "point loss" system can be lowered, even if by just 5 or 10 points

GammaDude1

Tribute
Reaction score
I agree, even though I only have 110 points or something, I could easily kill all of the 300+ guys around the cornucopia if I found a diamond sword at the very beginning, and they shouldn't be penalized (too much) because of random chance.

Duyts

Tribute
Reaction score
Except there are no diamond swords at the beginning. Unless they changed it back to normal, the most you can find in ANY chest is stone.

Evolta

Diamond
Reaction score
There isn't any diamond sword in the beginning.. -_- Iron and above all must be crafted. And what i do when i end up in a 2v1 situation and i know both of them have low scores, i'll just try to kill them. If i can't i'll suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci