• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Premium Rank Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Classifying it as a donation has a lot to do with legal status and stuff. And donator ranks aren't exactly monetary value, they literally cost nothing but a tiny bit of time to give.
Either way, you receive something in return.

Its technically not a donation.

Yozy_XD

Diamond
Reaction score
Pretty much they are trying to make money of us if they continue to create new highest ranks people are just going to want the highest rank which there for means people are going to spend more.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Pretty much they are trying to make money of us if they continue to create new highest ranks people are just going to want the highest rank which there for means people are going to spend more.
If we were doing it for the money, our prices wouldn't be lower than many other communities.

Besides, this is the first premium rank we've added since the beginning of the community (or when upgrades became possible in June 2012 or so). With it being almost 2 years since a change to our premium structure, I don't think there's much room for complaints, especially if none of the changes affect existing members or packages.

Demcmd

Experienced
Reaction score
I only hate this because it isn't called leather. I want my Leather sponsorship. Get your stuff together MCSG. Unsubbed and reported #getbanned

Unuxon

Career
Reaction score
I've read through the reply's on the thread and some seem ridiculous, mainly the idea that MCG would make diamond donor no longer a lifetime rank. They could make all new purchases of diamond non-lifetime but i doubt they would do that. I'm pretty sure they couldn't make peoples current diamond ranks last any less time than the life of the server because that's what they promise when someone donates for the diamond rank and like ColStar mentioned i'm pretty sure that would be Illegal. Something that kind of bothers me is that some people seem to think Chad is just wanting more money for himself i would say this is completely untrue. First off did you ever take a moment to stop and think about how many servers MCSG has? I'm guessing it's very pricey to run all of MCG so adding another rank could maybe be a way to help pay for servers with more ram, Most server hosting companies base prices on how much RAM is dedicated to the server so you could choose to have a 24 slot server and only have 512 MB of RAM. But 512 MB won't necessarily keep your server lag free so you have to purchase more RAM which can be very pricey. In my opinion the Platinum rank sounds like something awesome to be added to MCSG. I haven't bought Diamond because i like the colors of Gold or Iron with my name but maybe the platinum rank will be a cool color :p This is all my opinion, other than how pricey servers can be. That's information gathered from playing around with customizing servers on server hosting websites :D

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love how this rank has already been criticize already with no details released on it yet and has been going off of pure speculation. The platinum rank is indeed a rank that will be entirely optional to purchase as it does include almost everything diamond has however with some aesthetic changes and perks in the hubs and in-game. MCGamer has always been trying to be a cheaper alternative compared to other communities in which adding lifetime added a longer term issue on making sure we can afford upgrading and maintaining everything. Like everything here, all paid accounts are completely optional and does not add any "pay to win" features within the gametypes. So if you don't want to upgrade, you dont have to. Diamond ranks will also get more perks as well with this new rank push to clarify that rumor.

Lastly, current diamond premium players will have a separate upgrade path to match the value of this new rank. Platinum was intended to cost $100 but if you have a diamond rank currently, it will be only $25 upgrade (during the sale weekend, $20 if you catch the 2YEAR promotion). If you have no rank or currently an iron or gold upgrade account, you have to pay the full value.

More details will be addressed with the exact list of what you get and you can make the choice if it's worth keeping the current rank you have now or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci