• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Proposal to Chad with concerns to his lack of engagement with the community and staff.

ImmaSlapYoFace

Platinum
Reaction score
Make Cam and Devin part owners and hire a new Developer that can fill their positions. Cam and Devin can still do dev work but as they are managing the network they won't be able to do as much. Just my personal opinions.

KR0N0SAU

Experienced
Reaction score
Make Cam and Devin part owners and hire a new Developer that can fill their positions. Cam and Devin can still do dev work but as they are managing the network they won't be able to do as much. Just my personal opinions.
Devin na, We dont need the developers lacking leadership. Cam yes, he has been an admin / dev y not?

mfungamer

Career
Reaction score
Devin na, We dont need the developers lacking leadership. Cam yes, he has been an admin / dev y not?
Well devin runs the dev team and is the goto person for a lot of things. I doubt he is lacking leadership.

But overall I totally agree. It is very hard to get a hold of chad and the admins are doing what they can, but they need chad for certain things and he seems to be busy very often. But adding additional owners is a very diffcult thing. This would make things complicated, especially with laws and liability. Devin and Cam are also very young and I am not sure if they want to and/or are even allowed to take over such a responsibilty infront of law.
Furthermore we would need two more devs to replace them and this is expensive. To pay two more people may not be possible especially with a shrinking income. Thus there is no easy way to solve this problem.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Well devin runs the dev team and is the goto person for a lot of things. I doubt he is lacking leadership.

But overall I totally agree. It is very hard to get a hold of chad and the admins are doing what they can, but they need chad for certain things and he seems to be busy very often. But adding additional owners is a very diffcult thing. This would make things complicated, especially with laws and liability. Devin and Cam are also very young and I am not sure if they want to and/or are even allowed to take over such a responsibilty infront of law.
Furthermore we would need two more devs to replace them and this is expensive. To pay two more people may not be possible especially with a shrinking income. Thus there is no easy way to solve this problem.
For the record, both Cam and I are legally adults (18), so it wouldn't be an issue from a legal standpoint.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Not sure how CAmadeusA and Ava would be able to become owners without buying the network from Chad. I doubt Chad would just give this network up for free. That is why in the thread I proposed for there to just be someone else running the network for Chad.

Having both CAm and Devin be co-leaders could work though. I don't see why not. They both have a lot of experience with this network.

In terms of needing to get new devs, I don't think so. Many other major Minecraft networks have the owners operate as developers as well. Yes, they could potentially have a bit more work, but I think there are also advantages when the developers are leading the network. They have a full perspective of what it would take to implement a new feature for example.

Last edited:

Complexity

Survivor
Reaction score
I agree with you, I think that Chad should assign somebody the network manager even though I have been banned on MCSG ;-;. I have also realized that chad wasnt posting as many updates. I have only been active on the forums for like 6 months or so I Kinda knew you were Indirectly talking about Cam :) I think Cam would do a good job

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm voting either CAmadeusA or Dave as a network manager, someone who knows what Chad wants and is around for a large portion of the time.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I have written up multi-page proposals before and never gotten a word back.
You should see my Google Docs.

Frankly at this point I don't know what to say to you, Arsenal, regarding your proposal. I've exhausted all my ideas and opinions and honest, mature, and reasonable suggestions long ago.

Regarding the point about having a new owner, it's not just about Chad. Clearly he's the epicenter of what keeps us all afloat but there are so many other losses that just make his frequent absences even more painful. The fact that we no longer have Col is also a significant factor as he had most of the access Chad did and he had the ongoing experience with the community to keep up with events and help out.

(Seeing Chad on the forums is an experience similar to seeing a Blamph video pop up in your sub box ;) )

Here's what I've always perceived the underlying problems to be.

> The very very higher up(s) who make final decisions (as in super high up decisions) didnt play the game. These people have never been in our shoes experiencing clans, sweating wins, absorbing themselves in the game and all of the innermost corners of it because most of this work has been done back end. While back end work is important, a back end worker cannot make the sole decision on how to run the network. (Example: Dynamic servers- it's perfectly justifiable however it destroys one of the main community aspects of how the entire game works, and only someone who has had experience at some point logging on every day just to play the game could truly capture that feeling of a steady server board and convey those feelings). Understandably it's not the owner's job to play MCSG 24/7 but if they cannot keep up relatively quickly with all of the significant parts of the network, their decisions will not fit the best of the community.

Let me see if I can phrase this better. Okay, take for example Col, Razz, and Chad. Probably the three most powerful staff members as they all have direct connection (or had) to what moves the network will make to update itself. All three to incredible work, but here's the problem. All three of them were background workers, not players. They've spent their time managing the staff and exploring logical options for updating. Here's the thing, someone in that position can't possibly make the best choices for the network because they don't have the experience being directly a part of the experience itself. No doubt people in their position are needed, but there needs to be a balance of them and the input of trusted individuals who have put their blood, sweat, and tears into the network. Someone who still keeps up with the times, and can list all of the important community members, events, clans, players, aspects of the network, and understands gameplay and can represent what the people want.

Communities often try to make up for this by simply surveying the community, but with this there will always be two sides and conflicting opinions, which is why someone like this figure is important. They can use their community experience and decision making skills mixed with their staff experience and understanding of what needs to be done to make the right decision. Much like an enlightened despot.

Ceraron

Platinum
Reaction score
You should stop with this. Don't get me wrong, I am amazed by how much work you are putting out for just a now a regular member of the community.
But let's be real here, I don't think it will make any difference. You can use your time and do a lot of other things that can actually impact something. I don't know Chad just doesn't follow what we want but what he wants.
MCGamer will become one of those Mineplex servers for 10 year olds to have their mom swipe the credit card for them, so yeah.
DON'T UPDATE TO 1.8 WE SHOUTED.
GUESS WHAT HAPPENED.

DON'T UPDATE TO 1.9 GUESS WHAT'LL HAPPEN.
I know it will happen. Sooner or later. That's the time when MCSG will lose 1/2 of all of it's players

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
You should stop with this. Don't get me wrong, I am amazed by how much work you are putting out for just a now a regular member of the community.
But let's be real here, I don't think it will make any difference. You can use your time and do a lot of other things that can actually impact something. I don't know Chad just doesn't follow what we want but what he wants.
MCGamer will become one of those Mineplex servers for 10 year olds to have their mom swipe the credit card for them, so yeah.
DON'T UPDATE TO 1.8 WE SHOUTED.
GUESS WHAT HAPPENED.

DON'T UPDATE TO 1.9 GUESS WHAT'LL HAPPEN.
I know it will happen. Sooner or later. That's the time when MCSG will lose 1/2 of all of it's players
You said he could do 'something else' to fix things. What other things can we as a normal player honestly do to change things except to bring up suggestions like this? I guess you could say you could apply for staff but he's already done that for over a year

Ceraron

Platinum
Reaction score
You said he could do 'something else' to fix things. What other things can we as a normal player honestly do to change things except to bring up suggestions like this? I guess you could say you could apply for staff but he's already done that for over a year
Not to fix things. To just give up. There are things that are probobly more important than a server who fixes a bug every 7 months.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci