• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Quality Over Quantity

What do you think of this idea?

• Yes: More slowly aquire high quality maps

Votes: 53 94.6%
  • No: Spam out low quality maps

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Recently, MCSG has been spammed on the regular servers with so many random maps that truly aren't that good. They feel naturally generated, and a good 3/4 of them aren't fun. So this is when I say Quality Over Quantity. Don't rush out a dozen maps every few weeks, or heck, months. Instead, take time to find extremely high quality maps.

Voei

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree with you. A few of the new maps aren't very well made. They look as if the builders added some trees, a mountain here and there and maybe a few houses in random places. Plus, many of the maps are extremely similar to ones that are already on MCSG.

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
What's funny is that I'm so busy working on my own map, I haven't had enough time to really play the new maps.

The only one I played, I think it had Orion or something in the beginning of it? The corn was extremely cramped, but the terraforming and landmarks were decent.

Maybe I just have to play them more, I dunno.

Boelens

Diamond
Reaction score
I agree, some maps do look a bit strange, if a lot of thought is put on an original map, and it's being worked on for a good amount of time, we can get great maps.

DonnieHD

Survivor
Reaction score
I agree very much. One of the maps added looks like Survival Games 1 v2!

Venkin

Career
Reaction score
I also agree, and i think they should delete some of the new maps!, not everyone there are some good ones as well, but i think its better if there is one new map every 2 weeks or every month

BetaPuffle

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I agree with you. A few of the new maps aren't very well made. They look as if the builders added some trees, a mountain here and there and maybe a few houses in random places. Plus, many of the maps are extremely similar to ones that are already on MCSG.
If you're talking about Rugged lands it was started in August that is terraform and stuff and traps

Tacoface1234

District 13
Reaction score
I would love it if every map accepted filled its own unique niche, and had its own unique gameplay style. While pretty much every map currently accepted is good, some do feel far too similar.

Hawk62

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I agree. Does anyone else remember all the hype when sg 2 and sg 3 first came out? I miss that happening when we get new maps. That's when I enjoyed playing those 2 maps the most, when all the hype was built up about them because getting new map use to be a HUGE deal, but now no one really seems to care and I'm left with my memories of the sg 2 release :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci