• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Quitting threads lmfao

OGLad_

Career
Reaction score
Ik this thread will get locked but honestly can there be a rule against threads tht say "quitting I h8 dis cumunite moving to csgo" or whatever bcuz they come back in a week so it's pointless thread like this one. Plz just tell dem to make a thread about their story nd not say qwittn bye guys honestly kind of annoying kids wit der qwittn threds

Idk this is rant caus keeeeds don't think things thru lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Personally, making threads of leaving should be deleted.
The thread just calls for attention when it could really just be a status update or could be kept as a private matter.
However, if the thread contains someone's Minecraft story or what-not, that's perfectly fine; anything that can't be typed under 140 characters, I'm fine with it being a thread.

^^ Doe, ya right, pall. It's MCSG. Anyone will take the chance and cling to it to get the littlest type of fame possible.

Reaction score
Ik this thread will get locked but honestly can there be a rule against threads tht say "quitting I h8 dis cumunite moving to csgo" or whatever bcuz they come back in a week so it's pointless thread like this one. Plz just tell dem to make a thread about their story nd not say qwittn bye fgts honestly fkn annoying kids wit der qwittn threds

I know pointless thread should be locked

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It really depends on how much the thread was written on, or who made the leaving thread. Sometimes, it's alright to announce whether you're leaving or resigning with a story and some thank-yous. However, it is quite rare to see threads with less than 140 characters or that are poorly written, and just generally blatantly diss the server.

It's usually a good idea to announce whether you're gonna go, because people won't have to get suspicious or curious towards where you went. Imagine if great forumers left the community without saying a word, it could be pretty odd knowing that they have not told anyone anything about it.

We should encourage people who are taking consideration on leaving the community to write a bit, make some thank yous as well. In the end, it will be up to the moderators to determine whether the thread was just pointless or not. c:

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
It really depends on how much the thread was written on, or who made the leaving thread. Sometimes, it's alright to announce whether you're leaving or resigning with a story and some thank-yous. However, it is quite rare to see threads with less than 140 characters or that are poorly written, and just generally blatantly diss the server.

It's usually a good idea to announce whether you're gonna go, because people won't have to get suspicious or curious towards where you went. Imagine if great forumers left the community without saying a word, it could be pretty odd knowing that they have not told anyone anything about it.

We should encourage people who are taking consideration on leaving the community to write a bit, make some thank yous as well. In the end, it will be up to the moderators to determine whether the thread was just pointless or not. c:
Totally not me who left for 6 months without saying a word: People don't need to be nosy; people don't need to know your reasons;
Thanking people doesn't have to be on public either.
For the most part, I think making goodbye threads is pointless. As I just said on a few posts above yours, you can say goodbye on a status update.

Reaction score
That moment when someone who just came on the forums makes a thread like "leaving this community, from what ive seen everyone is a Feminine Hygene Product" the next day. And it seriously happened 1 month ago. No one even knows you, why even make a thread about it.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Totally not me who left for 6 months without saying a word: People don't need to be nosy; people don't need to know your reasons;
For the most part, I think making goodbye threads is pointless. As I just said on a few posts above yours, you can say goodbye on a status update.
I suppose you are indeed correct on it. And yes, you have left for 6 months without really saying anything; however, it would be understandable if you do not wish to state your reasons towards leaving. But this also tells us that saying goodbyes are simply a choice, and people are just as privileged to choose not to read the thread.

I have also previously stated that it does entirely depend on who makes it, and how they make it. Taking to difference from a person who is not so well known in the community, or probably just joined the forums to say a goodbye thread, it could easily be considered as a form towards gaining attention.
However, if it were someone who is a reputable individual in the community, (such as yourself. <3 ) they could easily make a choice whether they wish to make a status update, thread, or simply say nothing at all.
Potential reasons towards making a goodbye thread would be so they don't leave the community without confusing any members, or worry them. And the forumers have as much freedom to state their reasons as much as someone who has the freedom to choose whether they want to read it or not.
c:

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
I suppose you are indeed correct on it. And yes, you have left for 6 months without really saying anything; however, it would be understandable if you do not wish to state your reasons towards leaving. But this also tells us that saying goodbyes are simply a choice, and people are just as privileged to choose not to read the thread.

I have also previously stated that it does entirely depend on who makes it, and how they make it. Taking to difference from a person who is not so well known in the community, or probably just joined the forums to say a goodbye thread, it could easily be considered as a form towards gaining attention.
However, if it were someone who is a reputable individual in the community, (such as yourself. <3 ) they could easily make a choice whether they wish to make a status update, thread, or simply say nothing at all.
Potential reasons towards making a goodbye thread would be so they don't leave the community without confusing any members, or worry them. And the forumers have as much freedom to state their reasons as much as someone who has the freedom to choose whether they want to read it or not.
c:
You're very right, indeed. All you said is common knowledge; I mean, we are in America.

However, It still doesn't substantiate a reason to why you need to post a goodbye thread. Well-known member or not, most of these goodbye threads can easily be said on a status in your own profile.
Personally, I think of it this way: Everything that can be said in 140 characters or less, and is a thread, is simply a pointless thread. However, my reasoning has some exceptions: if the topic causes polemic and makes people write long posts with their opinions (like this one), it's fine.

Though, if you're honestly going to make a goodbye thread put your story on it, then. Why not reminisce all your memories before leaving? c:

GetRidaHim

Career
Reaction score
Ik this thread will get locked but honestly can there be a rule against threads tht say "quitting I h8 dis cumunite moving to csgo" or whatever bcuz they come back in a week so it's pointless thread like this one. Plz just tell dem to make a thread about their story nd not say qwittn bye guys honestly kind of annoying kids wit der qwittn threds

If this was me 7 months ago, I would've absolutely agreed no doubt, although I've changed and realized there's more meaning behind these threads.

A good friend of mine wrote a goodbye thread, and I was heartbroken. What was written on there couldn't be written in a status update. It was really nice, and that changed my mind on the whole "Please don't post quitting threads thing." They might not mean much to you, but they mean something to a lot of people, I'd say the best way to handle a quitting thread is if you want to read it read it, if you don't don't.

TL;DR

They're not hard to ignore, if you're not interested in it ignore it.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You're very right, indeed. All you said is common knowledge; I mean, we are in America.

However, It still doesn't substantiate a reason to why you need to post a goodbye thread. Well-known member or not, most of these goodbye threads can easily be said on a status in your own profile.
Personally, I think of it this way: Everything that can be said in 140 characters or less, and is a thread, is simply a pointless thread. However, my reasoning has some exceptions: if the topic causes polemic and makes people write long posts with their opinions (like this one), it's fine.

Though, if you're honestly going to make a goodbye thread put your story on it, then. Why not reminisce all your memories before leaving? c:
You're absolutely right on it, definitely. Making threads that can be easily made for a status update can be quite redundant, especially when one does not have much to say.
Also, with what you have said about reminiscing memories, it is quite nice reading one's story throughout their time in the MCGamer network, but it's just me. c:

(Also, I'm not from America. ;3)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci