• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

R.I.P. MCSG...

1.7 or 1.8 with good plug ins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
<rant>
I don't necessarily know what to say other than the fact that you reeeeeally don't know what you're talking about.

Blockhitting - I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I know you understand that that's merely a function of 1.8, and we can't just add it back. However, I don't know why people insinuate that we can just avoid updating. That's all on Mojang. They decide when they update, and how they update, and the network can do nothing but adapt. Trust me, running outdated versions would be fun for some, but overall inconvenient.

Tiering - I don't believe the update changed anything about tiering on the maps. There have always been set tiers in the configuration of the map, and the update shouldn't have altered any of that.

Ping - I don't think "203905613" is an accurate statistic.

Bugs - Trust me, I've seen it. The servers get buggy in their initial stages of public beta. I can assure you that 1.8 was rigorously tested before updating. However, if you knew anything about how updating works, new bugs have a great tendency to arise simply by pushing it to a public level. In testing, bugs like this would have certainly been noticed, but the bug didn't actually exist beforehand. It's the farthest thing from the staff hastily releasing buggy updates. Things break!

And you really think the staff are just messing with you? They supposedly just released an update with some bugs just to mess with you? And why are you shaming staff on this? Again, I don't understand why you're calling people out because Java development is Java development. It's really quite garish.
Enough said ^

The only thing I have a problem with is invis people being back. (If this is even true) I just hope this doesn't delay the leaderboards update :p
I completely get your displeasure regarding the update, but please understand exactly what's going on and why before you make these kinds of posts.

</rant>
~Cubes

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Dear readers, This thread I will give my opinion about the new released 1.8 survival games update.
Lets me just tell you straight to the point what I think is wrong with 1.8 pvp.
  1. Blockhitting, this feature was removed in 1.8, this was something that took pvp to a different level. Some people didnt like it, I personally felt it was a good way to kill people who had more gear..
  2. Talking about good gear.. There are NO tier 2's to be found on some maps, not even the spawn chests...
  3. Ping. The ping most people get now on the EU servers is about 203905613... this is a bug but since MCSG does not do something about this easy to fix bug it is a problem...
  4. I think this is the biggest problem of all. People are INVISIBLE in game! This is something that should not be possible on such a big server!!!
All together I feel like MCSG staff is just having a laugh... How can you get such a big update with this many bugs for the players to report! SHAME ON YOU! This is(/was) one of the biggest SG servers on this planet but still the devs manage to get this many bugs out?! HOW is it possible HOW... I feel like you are just testing this update on us and later fix it when people start to HATE the server. These bugs are btw just a few bugs probably a lot more will come.. Its a shame im sorry.

TheDorito14
First off, blockhitting does still work, just it looks different than it use to. Play 1.8.1

The NO t2's has nothing to do with 1.8 itselfs, thats just something buggy with MCSG on certain maps. This will be fixed in a later update.

Your ping hasn't changed, it's just that the /ping command isn't working properly. The hosting locations in EU,US and CA did NOT move, so therefore the ping did not change, its just a bug with the command itself.

invisible people, again, isn't a 1.8 issue. That is a bug with the /disguise command. If you are disguised when you join a game, you will be invisible on 1.8. If you are on 1.8.1, there is no invisible glitch for yourself, but still for anyone playing on 1.8.

The only thing I do agree with, is that they need to test out these updates before releasing them to the public xD.

<rant>
I don't necessarily know what to say other than the fact that you reeeeeally don't know what you're talking about.

Tiering - I don't believe the update changed anything about tiering on the maps. There have always been set tiers in the configuration of the map, and the update shouldn't have altered any of that.
</rant>
~Cubes
Actually, its not the tiering thats off, it's just that chests are empty, but just the T2's. All the T1 chests are fine, but T2's on certain maps (espeically on CA where I play), they are empty.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
First off, blockhitting does still work, just it looks different than it use to. Play 1.8.1

The NO t2's has nothing to do with 1.8 itselfs, thats just something buggy with MCSG on certain maps. This will be fixed in a later update.

Your ping hasn't changed, it's just that the /ping command isn't working properly. The hosting locations in EU,US and CA did NOT move, so therefore the ping did not change, its just a bug with the command itself.

invisible people, again, isn't a 1.8 issue. That is a bug with the /disguise command. If you are disguised when you join a game, you will be invisible on 1.8. If you are on 1.8.1, there is no invisible glitch for yourself, but still for anyone playing on 1.8.

The only thing I do agree with, is that they need to test out these updates before releasing them to the public xD.

Actually, its not the tiering thats off, it's just that chests are empty, but just the T2's. All the T1 chests are fine, but T2's on certain maps (espeically on CA where I play), they are empty.
Ehh on 1.8.1 you can still be Invisible / have other people being Invisible in your game.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Ehh on 1.8.1 you can still be Invisible / have other people being Invisible in your game.
I have tried 1.8.1 and I'm not invisible to other people, but as I said, people are still invisible to me.

JaviGBU

Platinum
Reaction score
I really prefer 1.7 , but the server need to update , as all the servers.

And don't worry about the bugs , bugs are normal on MC servers , and Devs are working hard to fix all of them.

About block hitting , it's not removed , i believe it's only a change in the animation (Correct me if i am wrong)

About the ping ; You just need to have a better connection , you can't think you'll have a good ping with bad connection.

Have a nice day! c:

ImJellyfish

Platinum
Reaction score
let me give you a example 1.6 to 1.7 exactly the same ppl were saying it was a crap update now look people love it why?

The Reason?
Developers found amazing additions with it
Builders found amazing additions

Why this was good for pvp?
in-turn this gave pvpers more features that made people like the update

so what dose this mean for 1.8 THE EXACT SAME THING look at what has been done with the tab bars and hotbar text think what's next look at the new blocks what could change pvp or make your next favourite map

Think about what the possibility are before complaining people are complain without the full picture

Kamer2510

Spectator
Reaction score
let me give you a example 1.6 to 1.7 exactly the same ppl were saying it was a crap update now look people love it why?

The Reason?
Developers found amazing additions with it
Builders found amazing additions

Why this was good for pvp?
in-turn this gave pvpers more features that made people like the update

so what dose this mean for 1.8 THE EXACT SAME THING look at what has been done with the tab bars and hotbar text think what's next look at the new blocks what could change pvp or make your next favourite map

Think about what the possibility are before complaining people are complain without the full picture
we are not complaining about 1.8 its self we are complaining about mcsg changing to 1.8 and the bugs on the servers not the actual minecraft update

Kamer2510

Spectator
Reaction score
Finally, a guy that is thinking logically and not like a monkey.

I agree, some maps are kinda broken, but most of them are ok, trust me. Now, for the ping issue, I see nothing, I have my stable 85-95 ping and I'm from Greece, so it must be your internet's fault. Please check things like this before crying about the servers having "bad" connection.
nope I asked some other people on mcsg and it happened to them as well my internet if fine usually I get round about 60-80 ping. "crying" no need to try and be rude

EnderMan693

Platinum
Reaction score
All of these are being fixed. The tier twos are working now, for the most post. And I also believe they have fixed the invisible disguised players glitch. As for the ping, it isn't correct. It says everybody is getting a 1 bar and 200 million ping but you are really just getting exactly what you normally get. It's just glitched so it shows you the wrong information. And as for block hitting, it is possible. However it is more difficult and the hits don't register as much. I agree with you, MCSG 1.7 was better. But the 1.8 isn't bad once you get used to it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci