• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

R.I.P. MCSG...

1.7 or 1.8 with good plug ins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
<rant>
I don't necessarily know what to say other than the fact that you reeeeeally don't know what you're talking about.

Blockhitting - I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I know you understand that that's merely a function of 1.8, and we can't just add it back. However, I don't know why people insinuate that we can just avoid updating. That's all on Mojang. They decide when they update, and how they update, and the network can do nothing but adapt. Trust me, running outdated versions would be fun for some, but overall inconvenient.

Tiering - I don't believe the update changed anything about tiering on the maps. There have always been set tiers in the configuration of the map, and the update shouldn't have altered any of that.

Ping - I don't think "203905613" is an accurate statistic.

Bugs - Trust me, I've seen it. The servers get buggy in their initial stages of public beta. I can assure you that 1.8 was rigorously tested before updating. However, if you knew anything about how updating works, new bugs have a great tendency to arise simply by pushing it to a public level. In testing, bugs like this would have certainly been noticed, but the bug didn't actually exist beforehand. It's the farthest thing from the staff hastily releasing buggy updates. Things break!

And you really think the staff are just messing with you? They supposedly just released an update with some bugs just to mess with you? And why are you shaming staff on this? Again, I don't understand why you're calling people out because Java development is Java development. It's really quite garish.

I completely get your displeasure regarding the update, but please understand exactly what's going on and why before you make these kinds of posts.

</rant>
~Cubes
Marry me Cubes!

Anyway, we understand this is a problem. This bug has only been out for a day and the devs are working tirelessly to fix the invisible disguised player glitch.

As for the other things, we don't control what Mojang adds. Bring those complaints to Mojang. We updated to 1.8 because it is the centralized version of Minecraft and we can't keep our old versions forever, sorry.

Thread locked; feel free to PM me with any further concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci