• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Randomly start losing hearts? <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serenarox13

Spectator
Reaction score
The game will start, and I'll randomly start losing hearts. Even if I don't go to the middle, and nobody's chasing me. Any answers?

*Its usually at the beginning of the game, maybe missing one or two hunger bars. Nothing big. And it could be when I'm running down the middle of a road; no vines, etc. Hasn't been happening lately...* Oh and after I start gradually losing heart, it'll bring my health down, and I will eventually die.

Acathine

Experienced
Reaction score
It could be a number of things... if it's a short while into the game, you might be out of hunger. Someone may be punching you, although you said you weren't being chased. If you're climbing vines, that might hurt you as there's a suffocation bug with vines at the moment. Fall damage, drowning...

How long into the game does it occur and what're you doing at the time of it occuring?

VebbiHD

District 13
Reaction score
I've heard spectators can do it, i can be wrong though

C

clankstar

We fixed the whole thing with invisible players punching you a few days ago. If you can't see the other person, they can't punch you. So it is probably the 1.3 suffocation in vines/leaves bug. Does it mostly happen when you are next to vines or in a very small tunnel?

T

thetruedozer

Also sometimes when I'm just running, no vines, nobody near me, I lose 1.5 hearts, every time.
I thought it was an invisible player at first but then it just stops, at 1.5 hearts, I'm not near vines or fences etc..
Any ideas?

OMGjustin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Also sometimes when I'm just running, no vines, nobody near me, I lose 1.5 hearts, every time.
I thought it was an invisible player at first but then it just stops, at 1.5 hearts, I'm not near vines or fences etc..
Any ideas?
If you fall 1 block you take 1.5 hearts fall damage. Stupid, I know.

Acathine

Experienced
Reaction score
Spectators can push you :(
As Vebbi said, I believe when a player is pushed, they now move back to roughly the same spot they were in anyway.
Any ideas?
This is interesting, as nothing in Minecraft causes a constant damage of 1.5 hearts (i.e. fire damage, suffocation damage, starvation damage, drowning, poison, lava etc. all do not cause 1.5 hearts of damage), so really there's no reason why you should be losing 1.5 hearts. Are you sure it's 1.5 hearts? Unless it's not continuous/constant after all.

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
As Vebbi said, I believe when a player is pushed, they now move back to roughly the same spot they were in anyway.

This is interesting, as nothing in Minecraft causes a constant damage of 1.5 hearts (i.e. fire damage, suffocation damage, starvation damage, drowning, poison, lava etc. all do not cause 1.5 hearts of damage), so really there's no reason why you should be losing 1.5 hearts. Are you sure it's 1.5 hearts?
Nope, I accidentally pushed a guy into the wall last time :l

Acathine

Experienced
Reaction score
Nope, I accidentally pushed a guy into the wall last time :l
Interesting, I haven't seen anyone able to do that. That's with the 1.3 update?
If you fall 1 block you take 1.5 hearts fall damage. Stupid, I know.
Ahhh, nope, sorry :) Falling 5 blocks causes half a heart, and then from there each block of height gains half a heart (e.g. falling 6 blocks loses 1 heart, 7 blocks - 1.5 hearts etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci