• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Releasing my anger~

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Ok my first prediction was right, now the mods are gonna defend the servers with dumb arguments. And at the end this thread will just get locked.
Well, there you go. Off with that negative attitude that everyone seems to have nowadays. I'm still unsure why so many people over the past year have become so salty toward the staff. People didn't say things like this back 1.5-2 years ago, and back then the staff had a lot more problems then they do now.

I might as well "prove" what you think is a point by going and defending the servers with my "dumb" arguments that are way more backed up than your angry call-outs will ever be. But no, this most likely won't get locked. At least not by any moderator who has already posted, and not by me.

Okay. Hackers are a problem, but hackers are literally everywhere on Minecraft. Go play, say.. Mineplex. You'll most likely encounter a hacker. Play Badlion, you'll encounter a cheater of some sort. Play any Minecraft server around the size of ours. Guess what, there will be hackers. Now the thing is, it seems as if we have a cancer of hackers on MCSG. A never ending multiplication of hackers that seems to never stop. What I'd like to know is why you blame the staff for other people coming on our server and hacking? Hundreds of bans per day are made by staff members. And to add on to that, about 6-7 times the amount of manually added bans are made by our anti-cheat.

You're also right when you say that players are under no obligation whatsoever to report hackers. But if you don't do that, you also have no right to complain, because you did nothing to solve it in the first place! (MoLoToV also brought this up). Solving the problem of cheaters is the staff's problem. That's why moderators are here, to get rid of rule breakers like hackers however we can't be everywhere. With a network as large as ours, you can't just run around in random games and ban hackers, because not all games have hackers (before you say anything sarcastic to that, yes most games in EU have hackers, but I play plenty of EU games and even though hackers are rather common, it's not like you run into a one at every turn..).

If you're just a person who wants to play and not constantly record and report hackers, then simply take the time to either /report them and have a moderator who is checking the report tickets come as soon as they encounter the report, or poke one on Teamspeak. That leads me to our next problem, sometimes mods don't respond on Teamspeak. It's not because they're lazy or ignoring you, sometimes we just don't see messages and such. I know from a personal standpoint, I will not see your message unless you poke me. So many people use the text chat to communicate with mods, but the alert sound for that text chat is so faint that some of us may not notice it. As for pokes, sometimes we may be AFK when you poke us. If you're going to poke a mod, check their idle time to see if they're AFK, and don't poke anyone who has their speakers muted, because they're most likely not there.

All in all, I understand where you may be coming up with these points but life just isn't that simple. You know what is? The fact that cheaters will always be here on Minecraft unless Mojang/Microsoft/whatever decides to restrict third party client usage. You can't blame MCSG for everything, so stop trying to.

*sits quietly and waits for people to quote my post telling me how stupid I am without even reading it*

LieutenantIV

Experienced
Reaction score
If the server isn't fun to play anymore, don't play? I don't really get why you would complain about how broken it is then continute to play it.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The problem isn't teams and hackers. When you think about it, 1.8 has halved our hacker population. Teams? Maybe, but they're not impossible.

No, the real problem is tryhards. People that come here and decide to play competitively. People who turn a game into a tournament. People who flame anyone who gets in their way. People who could care less about any sort of problem as long as it doesn't affect their precious ratio. Since v2, these players have came exponentially, and when you see all the players who love CS:GO, they don't realize that this isn't a shooter.

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
So you better shush, Oh then why not report them? first of all its not the players that need to solve this problem, its the staff. the players are here to have fun, not to endlesly Report and record hackers. and also the teams, now i belive that teams is something we have to deal with. But there are Certain limits. ive seen 4 teams of 2 in one game wich some of them were hacking aswell.
The thing is, us staff most of the times need reports to know that there's a rulebreaker on the server. It's impossible for us to be completely aware of every single hacker or abuser on the network, and that's where players come into play.
Usually, I'd tell players to type up a report abuse, but since you can't record, you're free to just do /report or poke staff members on TS. If it's too hard for you to type /report but not to type a thread complaining about staff and hackers, then I can't help you.

Reactions: Kat

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci