• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Removal Of Friend Rank

Should Friend Rank Have Been Removed? Explain!

• Yes

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • No

Votes: 71 84.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NuJaan

Diamond
Reaction score
As some of you may know, the Friend rank was removed from MCG. As of now, I am not sure what they are doing with all the Friend ranks but hopefully someone can fill me in. :)

I want all of your opinions on the matter. Do you think Friend should have been removed or not and why?

I, personally, do not think it should have been removed as it shows other MCG players your hard work and dedication in the past towards the server. This is like a token of achievement that shows you were once a staff member.

Some people may be thinking, "Well, what about the friends who were given the rank because they are good friends with someone who is high in authority?" To be honest, I do not have an opinion on this matter. Those who received the rank for being a friend of someone of high authority is of no concern to me. If they receive the rank, that is great for them and I will be happy for them. If they do not receive it, I will not be really affected as this does not matter to me. This is centered around retired members of staff, not friends of high authority.

I just feel like these retired staff members deserve this recognition for their efforts towards the MCGamer community, both in game and on the forums.

P.S. I felt the need to highlight friend every time I said it. xD

CrystalKnowledge

Experienced
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure why they would remove it, but from what I've found there are VIP ranks too. It's possible MCSG felt that there wasn't a need to have both VIP and Friend, so they removed one. I do think there should be some kind of rank however that retired staff can have (Provided they retired respectfully.. if you catch my drift) as a sign of appreciation for all the hard work the staff members do.

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
Don't mark my words, but I think that you can still get friend rank it you 1. Were an essential mod in the community or 2. Help the community a lot, but not being a mod. I think the goal was to remove it resulting less people getting mod for friend rank

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
They didn't just straight get rid of it, they're overhauling everything about it (at least as far as I have heard).

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
I can assure you retired staff members will still be rewarded for their hard work in a different manner. I also believe that this thread will start flame, therefore I am locking it.
Thread unlocked for civil discussion. However, take this as a warning to any potential flame on the thread. If we encounter any flame it will be locked. Chat away :)
I think it should be locked we dont need flame :/

dq

District 13
Reaction score
Here's my take on it:

There are 2 reasons they removed the Friend Rank.

Reason 1: There are waaay too many friends nowadays. It shouldn't be a rank that just everybody has, it should be a rank that close friends of the administration and mods who retired respectfully should earn.

Reason 2: Kind of tying in with Reason 1, getting friend rank is way too simple. If i didnt want to buy donor, i would just go through the moderator process, and the moment i got mod it's like i pretty much had donor for life. Why? Because i know that once i resign, i'd have friend rank.

So im guessing the staff wants to eliminate people who are applying for mod just to have friend rank, and only have applicants who want to actually help the server.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I like the friend rank in general, and it would be the only rank I actually wanted. I don't want VIP because that makes it sound too important, and I don't want staff because that would involve responsibility. I also wouldn't want to be a friend rank from resigning from mod, because that's way too common and also the only thing I didn't like about friend rank. So I don't really like the idea of removing the rank as a whole, and I think it should stay for people that are just actual friends of the administration.

Aedrift

Career
Reaction score
Here's my take on it:

There are 2 reasons they removed the Friend Rank.

Reason 1: There are waaay too many friends nowadays. It shouldn't be a rank that just everybody has, it should be a rank that close friends of the administration and mods who retired respectfully should earn.

Reason 2: Kind of tying in with Reason 1, getting friend rank is way too simple. If i didnt want to buy donor, i would just go through the moderator process, and the moment i got mod it's like i pretty much had donor for life. Why? Because i know that once i resign, i'd have friend rank.

So im guessing the staff wants to eliminate people who are applying for mod just to have friend rank, and only have applicants who want to actually help the server.
Agreed, well put.

Sixorr

Diamond
Reaction score
My opinion is basically the same as Maddy's, so yh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members