• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Removed Nametags (for stealtyness :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImmobileLizard

Survivor
Reaction score
No, the games are long enough and a pro could stay unseen throughout a whole game. This is my opinion, you all have great points.
i was in a match yesterday and was trailing these two guys and they never saw me because of sneak, then i used a bow and shot one of them and they turned against each other

CalfEggs

Tribute
Reaction score
i was in a match yesterday and was trailing these two guys and they never saw me because of sneak, then i used a bow and shot one of them and they turned against each other
COOL!

PS: I think it should only display the names if you are looking directly at a player, and it doesn't work through walls. Just use the code for endermen, and change it to players and names.

Eddiejo

Spectator
Reaction score
COOL!

PS: I think it should only display the names if you are looking directly at a player, and it doesn't work through walls. Just use the code for endermen, and change it to players and names.
That won`t work because then you would need a client side mod.

CalfEggs

Tribute
Reaction score
Oh..... why is that?

If so, then I would just want NO name tags at all. Maybe they show unless there is a wall in the way.

SketchSword

Tribute
Reaction score
I see your point in bringing up this idea. I disagree with this idea though. I like to think of seeing someone's nametag as if I heard them walking around. If you don't see the nametag, then they are sneaking, and therefor you cannot hear them. So, in my opinion, keeping the nametags is better because it forces people to watch themselves and truly become sneaky.

Reactions: Sul

Demanter

Career
Reaction score
This is a reason why we don't need no name-tags. You went great without them. Your name nearly goes invisible as you crouch which is called "Sneak" for a reason.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I've personally always liked the name-tags. As I'm able to sneak up on people better. :D
I can also understand how gameplay would be better without the nametags. Making it a lot more suspensul. So if there was a way to remove the name-tags. I'm all in! :)

Maunaloa

Tribute
Reaction score
im neutral to this becuase it helps beacuse u can be stealthy but it would make the waiting even longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci