• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Removing Maps From MCSG?

What Maps Should be Removed?

• Haruka

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Fortress Pyke

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Survival Games 1

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Survival Games 2

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Survival Games 5

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Breeze Island

• Dracarys

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Kharmunrah

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Fallen Empire

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Chernobyl 2015

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
i think Mcsg should take out these maps, cause there very bad!!!
Valleyaid to much water
Sg4 to much land
TSG2 not enough water
Alaskan village no villagers
SG highway there r only 2 cars
Holiday resort needs more water

thanks for reading mine
ure actual humor!!;d

I want all of the maps in the poll out for good. ty mcg :<))

thechamp11

Platinum
Reaction score
I can see the logic in taking certain maps out of MCSG, simply because they are never played, but let's think about this for a second. I don't know exactly how many MCSG players there are, but at least one person likes Haruka, or Dracarys. How would you feel if your favorite map was removed from MCSG? Even if this player is not on the forums, I can pretty much guarantee that someone's favorite map is Survival Games 5.

That's why I don't agree with removing maps.

Now, we could lower the chance of seeing that certain map in a lobby, so if someone does indeed want to play Haruka, they still can, but since more people like it than dislike it (I think, based on what I see while on the servers when Haruka finds its way into the vote), it just won't show up as much.

NotABannedAlt

Spectator
Reaction score
mcsg should remove sg1, sg2, sg3, sg5, tsg1, tsg2, tsg3, fortress pyke, fallen empire, haruka, breeze island, lost zoo and dracarys rip phoenix

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Okay, I think this counts as a no-no suggestion.

Removing maps~
Threads about removing are a 'no-no' simply because it's rude, and will generate quite a large flame war.

How is posting your opinion on a map rude?
Think about it.
You're a map maker who's worked endlessly on an MCSG map, adding even the smallest details and perfecting it to the point where it's accepted into MCSG.
Your feeling pretty good, and as you log into the forums, your heart sinks.
You see a thread titled "Remove {insert map here}."
That's your map.
You click it and find that this person finds your map "Badly built", "Lacking in Gameplay aspects", "Horribly terraformed," and the list goes on.
That's practically getting punched in the stomach.
Imagine how that would feel.

I understand you have an opinion, but sometimes you need to use your better judgment.
A thread like that will do 10x more damage then it's worth, creating a near-definite flame war about the map, and, overall hurting the builder(s) feelings.

If a map was good enough to be added into MCSG, it will NOT be removed.
Requesting strict moderation of this thread, but not necessarily a lock.

AudaxPvP

Spectator
Reaction score

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Oh, well people can post bad things about MCSG, it's not perfect.
Please read the thread I mentioned. The point is not to stop people from posting bad things about MCSG, the point is to stop flame and keep discussion positive. Also, please read the quote I mentioned. This thread would be very hurtful to any map creator who got their map onto MCSG.

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm trying to make sure nobody gets their feelings hurt. That may sound weak, but it's for the greater good.

AudaxPvP

Spectator
Reaction score
Please read the thread I mentioned. The point is not to stop people from posting bad things about MCSG, the point is to stop flame and keep discussion positive. Also, please read the quote I mentioned. This thread would be very hurtful to any map creator who got their map onto MCSG.

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm trying to make sure nobody gets their feelings hurt. That may sound weak, but it's for the greater good.
I understand people work hard to get their map onto MCSG, but players simply don't like some maps. Maps like SG 1, and SG 2 have been on MCSG for years, I think it's time for something new.

_Kon

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm just not a fan of most of the maps on MCSG like Valleyside or Holiday or Highway. They're so overly played they've gotten boring. I'd rather play under played maps such as SG3 or Fortress Pyke. They're amazing maps that are rarely played. It's really disappointing.

_Kon

Platinum
Reaction score
I understand people work hard to get their map onto MCSG, but players simply don't like some maps. Maps like SG 1, and SG 2 have been on MCSG for years, I think it's time for something new.
I don't think they're going to remove classic maps such as SG1-SG4. SG5 is a possibility, but it's still in the same line as those maps and the only one that's really played out of those is SG4. I don't see them being removed just because they're classic maps.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Hello! Here at MCGamer, making threads about removing maps is a "no-no suggestion," meaning that threads of this nature are highly discouraged. We understand that you want to voice your opinion, however this is not the way to do it. If MCG plans on removing maps and needs community input, we will find a system to do so without creating flame or hurt towards the makers of the maps.

Seeing as this is a no-no suggesion, the thread will be locked. Feel free to PM me with any further questions and have a fantastic New Year! :)

If you don't want to play a map, then simply don't vote for it, or don't play it when it's voted. No need to cause unnecessary harm.

Oh, well people can post bad things about MCSG, it's not perfect.
Obviously MCSG isn't perfect, but your forum posts are required to be within our rules. You're allowedto point out problems you think should be fixed, as long as they are posted without obvious sarcasm, rudeness, or blatant ignorance of the rules. This thread was in direct conflict with the no-no suggestions thread which is even labeled as "Read before posting." This means you should probably read it.. before posting c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci