• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff Resignation thread and Incident with Sr.Staff

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
this is all very true, but the thing is, I wan't asking questions about things covered in the training. I wasn't asking about slack, or the forums, or xime. Never has a training gone over how severe something must be in order to be deemed a certain punishment. That is where they need to train their moderators
I would say that how severe something needs to be is often a gray area. I agree with you on that. Mods are often confused with "kys" and what counts as racism for example. However, I would say that rather than cover it in training, it should be clearly stated on the ban guide instead with lots of examples. The policies for these types of things often change, and it can get confusing.

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
this is all very true, but the thing is, I wan't asking questions about things covered in the training. I wasn't asking about slack, or the forums, or xime. Never has a training gone over how severe something must be in order to be deemed a certain punishment. That is where they need to train their moderators
I would say that how severe something needs to be is often a gray area. I agree with you on that. Mods are often confused with "kys" and what counts as racism for example. However, I would say that rather than cover it in training, it should be clearly stated on the ban guide instead with lots of examples. The policies for these types of things often change, and it can get confusing.
We go over severities, racism, abusive messages and how each situation is determined/handled in the training sessions. We go over, in-depth, the ban table. I'm not going to give my opinion on this matter as it was a Admin & Sr. Mod decision, so I can't discuss it. All I can really say is that you attended my General Training session, Tanner, so I know that we went over these things.

I'm sorry that you came to decision to resign. I wish that you would have instead discussed your complaint with us. It's very possible that other people have this same complaint that you have. We can fix issues that you guys see, but we cannot do that if we don't know what the issues are nor where they exist. It's up to the Moderation team to let the Sr. Moderation team know where more attention is needed. This is why we give out things like Mod Quizzes to gauge your guys' knowledge and know where we need improvement. Places where we have failed to accurately teach you guys on how to Moderate. We are very very far from perfect. Everyone is. Just like Moderators need to be told where they need improvement, we do, too.

You were a brilliant Moderator, Tanner. If the Sr. Staff noticed that there were areas that could be improved, that never takes away from that fact. You are correct that you were very active. You couldn't begin to understand how grateful we all were for your activity. It's Moderators like you that made us so proud and that keep this place running with the hours you pour into your work every day. Everyone needs improvement. The Admins need improvement. I need improvement. Some need it in different ways than others and some methods vary depending on the area of needed improvement. For you, it was decided that re-attending a General Training was the majority idea. That did not make you less of a Moderator. It did not mean that we thought you were stupid. Many times, Moderators are asked to re-attend training sessions. It is not a rare thing. It is very common. I never want you to think of yourself as some sort of blacksheep that we looked upon so lowly. We wanted you and still want you to achieve the best you possibly can. This course of action was decided upon to help you do just that. I'll admit that we failed on letting you know that and how valued and appreciated you were when you were told you had to re-attend a training session.

I do hope that you will return to the staff team one day. We always need and welcome people with such bold characters to help us out. Someone with your experience is always such a great benefit.

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
You might not know, but it hasn't always been as it is now. There have been times in which the Sr.Staff did greatly and was performing a nearly flawless job. Now it has changed, and yes, now it is very far from perfect as you said.

You guys know a lot of mods and senior mods resigned for this reason.
Ever since promotions were based on friendship groups, rather than work ethic. Sure, they can do work, but other people are so much more deserving.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
We go over severities, racism, abusive messages and how each situation is determined/handled in the training sessions. We go over, in-depth, the ban table. I'm not going to give my opinion on this matter as it was a Admin & Sr. Mod decision, so I can't discuss it. All I can really say is that you attended my General Training session, Tanner, so I know that we went over these things.

I'm sorry that you came to decision to resign. I wish that you would have instead discussed your complaint with us. It's very possible that other people have this same complaint that you have. We can fix issues that you guys see, but we cannot do that if we don't know what the issues are nor where they exist. It's up to the Moderation team to let the Sr. Moderation team know where more attention is needed. This is why we give out things like Mod Quizzes to gauge your guys' knowledge and know where we need improvement. Places where we have failed to accurately teach you guys on how to Moderate. We are very very far from perfect. Everyone is. Just like Moderators need to be told where they need improvement, we do, too.

You were a brilliant Moderator, Tanner. If the Sr. Staff noticed that there were areas that could be improved, that never takes away from that fact. You are correct that you were very active. You couldn't begin to understand how grateful we all were for your activity. It's Moderators like you that made us so proud and that keep this place running with the hours you pour into your work every day. Everyone needs improvement. The Admins need improvement. I need improvement. Some need it in different ways than others and some methods vary depending on the area of needed improvement. For you, it was decided that re-attending a General Training was the majority idea. That did not make you less of a Moderator. It did not mean that we thought you were stupid. Many times, Moderators are asked to re-attend training sessions. It is not a rare thing. It is very common. I never want you to think of yourself as some sort of blacksheep that we looked upon so lowly. We wanted you and still want you to achieve the best you possibly can. This course of action was decided upon to help you do just that. I'll admit that we failed on letting you know that and how valued and appreciated you were when you were told you had to re-attend a training session.

I do hope that you will return to the staff team one day. We always need and welcome people with such bold characters to help us out. Someone with your experience is always such a great benefit.
Maybe the General Training has been improved since I took it? That was a very long time ago. When I was staff there was a lot of confusion over the severity of things. Mostly because the policies would get tweaked in a mod meeting, and then it wouldn't be reenforced as well as it should have been after the change. I do think that most moderators figured it out, however I would constantly see people confused on Slack. Some would even give false information to others that then confuses another person.

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
Maybe the General Training has been improved since I took it? That was a very long time ago. When I was staff there was a lot of confusion over the severity of things. Mostly because the policies would get tweaked in a mod meeting, and then it wouldn't be reenforced as well as it should have been after the change. I do think that most moderators figured it out, however I would constantly see people confused on Slack. Some would even give false information to others that then confuses another person.
It could vary by the specific Sr. Moderator, but even since my promotion, it has been in every General Training. I know that it wasn't always there when I would attend sessions with my Mod Buddies before I was a part of the Sr. Staff team, though. It was expected that the Mod Buddy would go over the Ban Table with them. Now, it is part of the training and the Mod Buddy does it as well.

ItsTrippyHippie

Platinum
Reaction score
All I can really say is that you attended my General Training session, Tanner, so I know that we went over these things.
Actually I didn't attend yours, I attended Kellie's

Ever since promotions were based on friendship groups, rather than work ethic. Sure, they can do work, but other people are so much more deserving.
Don't think I could have said it better myself.

Reaction score
If someone has been already been given General Training then I don't believe making them go through it again is truly beneficial at all. General Training sessions don't hardly teach you how to handle situations, they teach you how to get started as a mod. They teach you how to set up Xime, which you only do once, and the features of it. They teach you how to ban and kick people from TeamSpeak and assign donor. You're taught how Slack works, and commands in game. The only reason one would need to fully be retrained is if they didn't know how to punish on Xime, didn't understand Slack somehow, and didn't know the first thing about TeamSpeak.

The way I learned how to handle most situations is by asking a lot questions or getting the situation wrong. When I was first mod, I like all other moderators had a lot of questions. There were many moderators who I could turn to and ask for help, and they were always nice and helpful. But, when I thought I knew how to handle a situation, but in reality I was wrong, I was corrected 90% of the time in some way. I never learned to be a better moderator or extra things by attending multiple general training sessions.

Changing the topic, you were a great moderator, Tanner! You're so funny and nice and it was great to be in a mod chat where you were! I wish you the best of luck in your future, Tanner.

ItsTrippyHippie

Platinum
Reaction score
If someone has been already been given General Training then I don't believe making them go through it again is truly beneficial at all. General Training sessions don't hardly teach you how to handle situations, they teach you how to get started as a mod. They teach you how to set up Xime, which you only do once, and the features of it. They teach you how to ban and kick people from TeamSpeak and assign donor. You're taught how Slack works, and commands in game. The only reason one would need to fully be retrained is if they didn't know how to punish on Xime, didn't understand Slack somehow, and didn't know the first thing about TeamSpeak.

The way I learned how to handle most situations is by asking a lot questions or getting the situation wrong. When I was first mod, I like all other moderators had a lot of questions. There were many moderators who I could turn to and ask for help, and they were always nice and helpful. But, when I thought I knew how to handle a situation, but in reality I was wrong, I was corrected 90% of the time in some way. I never learned to be a better moderator or extra things by attending multiple general training sessions.

Changing the topic, you were a great moderator, Tanner! You're so funny and nice and it was great to be in a mod chat where you were! I wish you the best of luck in your future, Tanner.
I love you Levi <3 Wish we would have talked more

ItsTrippyHippie

Platinum
Reaction score
Yea I agree. I don't think a general training would benefit those types of questions what so ever.

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score
Kinda hard to see who's in the wrong as you're not really explaining yourself. A large portion of this thread seems to be directly pointed at one of two senior mods. They didn't show any emotion when taking your ranks away?? So what?? Unless times have changed hugely over the space of a month, you were not the most active moderator on MCGamer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci