• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff Resignation thread and Incident with Sr.Staff

Hect0rg

Platinum
Reaction score
I've been threw unfair situations because of the senior staff thinking because they have the rank it makes them better, but I know the good majority of them do it for the right reasons. MCGamer is going threw tough times and the senior staff are basically the last resort seeing as Chad is lost somewhere in Siberia. So it is possible that when they see something that isn't too normal, they ask you to attend another session to make sure the punishments are well done. So I wouldn't beat myself up on this, they're just trying to make sure everything is perfect.

ItsTrippyHippie

Platinum
Reaction score
Kinda hard to see who's in the wrong as you're not really explaining yourself. A large portion of this thread seems to be directly pointed at one of two senior mods. They didn't show any emotion when taking your ranks away?? So what?? Unless times have changed hugely over the space of a month, you were not the most active moderator on MCGamer.
First of all, the whole emotions ordeal was not the point of the thread, I could honestly not care less about how people felt of me leaving. Second, things have changed a ton. I swear to god EVERY single time I came on teamspeak, I was the ONLY moderator on. Maybe I didn't type in slack or post much on the forums, but ingame and on teamspeak, I was definetly one of the most active.

ItsTrippyHippie

Platinum
Reaction score
because of the senior staff thinking because they have the rank it makes them better
I agree with this and I understand they are trying to make sure that I do my job corectly, but isn't asking questions a good way to make sure I am...? And general training goes over how to set up slack, how to set up xime, and the ban table. Well I was struggling with the ban table, I know how to read. I was asking about things that were not covered so I don't see how attending the same thing again would help fill those grey areas.

Hect0rg

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree with this and I understand they are trying to make sure that I do my job corectly, but isn't asking questions a good way to make sure I am...? And general training goes over how to set up slack, how to set up xime, and the ban table. Well I was struggling with the ban table, I know how to read. I was asking about things that were not covered so I don't see how attending the same thing again would help fill those grey areas.
Maybe suggesting changements or additions to the training would help :)

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
Ever since promotions were based on friendship groups, rather than work ethic. Sure, they can do work, but other people are so much more deserving.
To be fair, it's like this in real life. Honestly there's nothing anyone can do about it. For any job or career, it's all about networking and making connections and establishing trust and respect with the right people. It's a common but not the lone way to get promoted in any field of work. Hard work can get you far, but working hard at establishing your connections is just as effective. Being/doing both is the most effective, so really, people should not be acting surprised to see friends getting promoted, if they work hard and have proven they're trustworthy then what's the big deal? It sucks for people who can't establish those connections, but it's a harsh world out there, and this place is a place of business just like real businesses out in the world.

As for the main discussion, I do know that I used to go over the ban table and give people examples for everything on the ban guide and that seemed to be effective. Truth of the matter however is that the most effective way to learn any position or skill, etc. Making mistakes, asking questions, and practicing your craft are all efficient ways of gaining experience. Take that as you will, but I stick by what I said earlier which is if a mod is clueless on what they are doing, it can be the fault of the trainer for not making it clear or for not providing the information in a proper and efficient manner, or it can be the fault of the trainee who was not paying the utmost attention or for not being able to connect the dots. Either way, the solution should've been a discussion between the two to figure out what it was, and hopefully resolve the situation within each other.

Kinda hard to see who's in the wrong as you're not really explaining yourself. A large portion of this thread seems to be directly pointed at one of two senior mods. They didn't show any emotion when taking your ranks away?? So what?? Unless times have changed hugely over the space of a month, you were not the most active moderator on MCGamer.
He speaks shade, but that shade is real tea, I remember I tried to DM you about something and set up a time to talk to you, and it legit took a week to get a response with you and like 2 or 3 weeks to actually meet with you. You weren't active, so that may be where your lack of experience was coming from and why you needed to ask so many questions, but even then, if you're gonna dedicate time as staff here, give it your all, don't half ass anything that's a waste of your time.

ItsTrippyHippie

Platinum
Reaction score
He speaks shade, but that shade is real tea, I remember I tried to DM you about something and set up a time to talk to you, and it legit took a week to get a response with you and like 2 or 3 weeks to actually meet with you. You weren't active, so that may be where your lack of experience was coming from and why you needed to ask so many questions, but even then, if you're gonna dedicate time as staff here, give it your all, don't half ass anything that's a waste of your time
But that was also before I resigned the first time. Don't know how people are telling me that whenever I would go on ts, which was everyday, I wasn't the only one. I was... There were no other moderators. Even since I have resigned, there were so many instances where I needed a staff member and could not find one for hours. I passed all activity checks since I got rehired quite well and even though I could have been maybe a bit more active, the rest of the staff team was nowhere to be found.

Techaton

District 13
Reaction score
Sorry Tanner that you got the wrong end of the stick.

I never agreed with the decision that was made on the matter, I was even the one who had suggested we just wait till after the Mod quiz, if you really didn't know your stuff you would have failed anyways. And I'm pretty sure if I remember correctly, you passed that quiz with flying colors, so you didn't deserve what they gave you.

In my opinion, it was unethical for the Sr. Staff team to send you back to training, however, they are the leaders even if their logic is sometimes flawed, it is still your duty to follow them. If you had really had cared that much you would have stayed and tried to make the most of the situation or just had done the general training which wouldn't have taught you much as an experience mod. Moderators will always learn best in situations and experiences, so like with experienced Moderator who is a Mod Buddy.

I really don't see the point in you trying to justify your situation by saying you were the only active mod, yeah the Sr. Staff made a poor decision so they lost a good staff member, but buddy you already left I don't see why you are defending yourself when activity had no place in their decision to begin with. They didn't think about the consequences of their actions. You should move on from this, you got bigger and better things to do in your life.

Also for those y'all saying that promotions were based on friendship is completely absurd. There hasn't been an ill based promotion this year. Matthew, Chris, Dindavid, Exzone, Giggums, Athena, William, Getix and I were the only ones that were promoted this year. No one failed their trial, and Exzone was the only person to leave during their trial. Everyone that was promoted in the staff team this year was deserving of their role for more reason's I can think of. Obviously I'm not the best to speak on this matter considering I'm apart of this group, but everyone here were exceptional Moderators (I've seen the numbers and the facts). Yes, I think there are some people that should have been promoted but you don't know all the details on everything and so people are just not willing to let go of some things. I've also seen people suggest someone for all the wrong reasons in my opinion, but they were shut down, because there are multiple people on the Sr. Staff and they can see through that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci