• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Restarting US for updates, EU later tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldentank

Tribute
Reaction score
Don't you have the IP or something of the person that is DDOS'ing the servers? Or is he using a VPN?
DDOS'ing is illegal. If you have his IP you can report him.
Sigh, Nope.
Not illegal, Just really stupid and cheap.
It's in the same sence as pirating & trolling, Not illegal but people and the media make it seem like it is.
It would be too difficult to define what is a genuine attack or what is just an overflow of people.
For example Garrysmod 13 beta keys. Whenever garry gives out keys that site goes down for 10-25 mins due to an overflow in players.

Clbrend

Career
Reaction score
Sigh, Nope.
It's in the same sence as pirating & trolling, Not illegal but people and the media make it seem like it is.
It would be too difficult to define what is a genuine attack or what is just an overflow of people.
For example Garrysmod 13 beta keys. Whenever garry gives out keys that site goes down for 10-25 mins due to an overflow in players.
But the internet tells me differently. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack#Legality

atticus

Survivor
Reaction score
Sigh, Nope.
DDOSing is COMPLETELY illegal. Also, I'm pretty sure chad can tell the difference between a DDOS and Just a full server ;)

Goldentank

Tribute
Reaction score
I'm not saying this is not a DDOS attack.
I'm saying, In the eyes of the law, that it is to hard to prove a DDOS attack was a DDOS attack and not an overflow.
That is why it in itself is not directly illegal.
And
Wiki isn't reliable, You are aware there are alot of 'illegal' things out there that are not acctually illegal right?

Anyhow!
Good luck chad :D

loverthehater

Tribute
Reaction score
You know there's a way to code a server to prevent DDoS'ing... I would look into it, Chad! I think it would really help everyone. And to tell you the truth, I don't think these pricks are going to stop anytime soon.

meteo

Spectator
Reaction score
US server 21-22 is down so far, i think the ones under 20 are as well. Just a heads up

Darcness

Spectator
Reaction score
We all got booted out of 20 just recently, did everything go down again??

Minecob123

Spectator
Reaction score
Chad, I can't connect to any of the servers. . . . are they turned off???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci