• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Restarting US1-16 for troubleshooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAddictiveGamer

Survivor
Reaction score
And I have also just noticed this while chasing someone down in US 13. (at about 11:20 PM, EST)

HotHeadJabs

Spectator
Reaction score
ChadTheDJ You And The Addims Need To Get The Serevrs Up But The Bad Thing Is That The LAG In The Servers Get People Pissed And Rag Quit Survival Games. But It Is Not You The Lag Needs To Stop Get Mojang And Your Team And Find A Way To Get Rid Of All Of THE LAG!!! Plz Treay To Fix It. But My Idider Is Then Of The Servers And Then It Back On That Is What I Think That You Can Do???

HotHeadJabs

Spectator
Reaction score
Plus Some Times You Can't Move At The Start And At The End Or Mid!!!

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I am looking at the putty session, something is wrong with that server (us1-16). Working with softlayer to fix the issue now.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just got this from softlayer:
Based on the fact that you are experiencing high cpu usage from java processes, I think that it is very likely that this is related to the leap second bug. On Saturday, at midnight Greenwich Mean Time, as June turned into July, the Earth's official time keepers held their clocks back by a single second in order to keep them in sync with the planet's daily rotation, and according to reports from across the web, some of the net's fundamental software platforms - including the Linux operating system and the Java application platform - were unable to cope with the extra second.

Many computing systems use what's called the Network Time Protocol, or NTP, to keep themselves in sync with the world's atomic clocks, and when an extra second is added, some just don't know how to handle it.

Could you please try running the following command : date `date +"%m%d%H%M%C%y.%S"`

And then restarting your minecraft server as well as all other java processes that you are running? This should most definitely resolve your issue. Please let us know if this does not resolve the load issues you are facing and we will be more than happy to investigate this issue further.
"Mindfucked"

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
I just got this from softlayer:

"Mindfucked"
I actually heard about this on the news. Many things online everywhere were getting screwed up because of this. They said Google didn't have a problem because they added on a millisecond every second or something.

Gabe_1

Spectator
Reaction score
I recently experienced lag spikes in server 12

WeirdManaico

Spectator
Reaction score
Umm all the servers seem to be freezing. And none of the servers are up right now D:

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah we are troubleshooting tonight, so servers might restart alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci