• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

RF5- Memory of Earth: Day Zero

Will you be entering the tournament?

• Yersh :3

Votes: 76 78.4%
  • Nerp :3

Votes: 21 21.6%

• Total voters

YoungWolfyy_

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Eventhough I joined RedForest right after they finish most of this, I'm still proud I can still contribute to some of the interior.

J

Joel/MadDawg

I've got a few things to say about this map.

1. Could you please post a picture of the map from above? It really helps you to get an understanding of how the map is laid-out.

2. From the screenshots I noticed that most of the dirt on the map doesn't have grass or flowers on it. I feel that adding some flowers/grass really makes it look better. (this is my opinion)

3. Some of the buildings look predominately quartz, some look mostly stone, and others look largely clay. From the screenshots it just looks like this map has no coherent build type/style. Also, the two buildings in the 3rd-to-last screenshot really don't look that good (largely blank walls, not much detail is apparent).

I'm going to be completely honest here, this map really doesn't impress me that much. I'm sorry if I am coming off rude here, but I tried to explain my opinion well with the points I made above.

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
I've got a few things to say about this map.

1. Could you please post a picture of the map from above? It really helps you to get an understanding of how the map is laid-out.

2. From the screenshots I noticed that most of the dirt on the map doesn't have grass or flowers on it. I feel that adding some flowers/grass really makes it look better. (this is my opinion)

3. Some of the buildings look predominately quartz, some look mostly stone, and others look largely clay. From the screenshots it just looks like this map has no coherent build type/style. Also, the two buildings in the 3rd-to-last screenshot really don't look that good (largely blank walls, not much detail is apparent).

I'm going to be completely honest here, this map really doesn't impress me that much. I'm sorry if I am coming off rude here, but I tried to explain my opinion well with the points I made above.
1. Sorry, I forgot to add an aerial view :3 I'll get around to it tomorrow if I get the chance.
2. We purposely avoided adding flowers and grass because we are waiting to update to 1.7.2 where there is better flowers and better grass (all dat fancier stoof) :3 We didn't neglect that stuff, we're just waiting to update.
3. This part may have something to do with the first point. We have the map layed out in areas that have their own purpose while still fitting in the "city" theme. This is why there are different styles in some areas. For example, the city area is the large stone brick buildings. That's relatively by itself on one side of the river while a majority of the map is on the other side. We thought that the city area should have a distinct feel to it and the stone brick types fit it very well (obviously in my opinion lol). As for the quartz and clay, I think they blend fairly well since the quartz block is textured very much like the clay (pretty much one solid color all over). Everything on that side of the map utilizes that theme :3 I think it could be better explained/shown with the aerial picture which will hopefully be up tomorrow :3

J

Joel/MadDawg

1. Sorry, I forgot to add an aerial view :3 I'll get around to it tomorrow if I get the chance.
2. We purposely avoided adding flowers and grass because we are waiting to update to 1.7.2 where there is better flowers and better grass (all dat fancier stoof) :3 We didn't neglect that stuff, we're just waiting to update.
3. This part may have something to do with the first point. We have the map layed out in areas that have their own purpose while still fitting in the "city" theme. This is why there are different styles in some areas. For example, the city area is the large stone brick buildings. That's relatively by itself on one side of the river while a majority of the map is on the other side. We thought that the city area should have a distinct feel to it and the stone brick types fit it very well (obviously in my opinion lol). As for the quartz and clay, I think they blend fairly well since the quartz block is textured very much like the clay (pretty much one solid color all over). Everything on that side of the map utilizes that theme :3 I think it could be better explained/shown with the aerial picture which will hopefully be up tomorrow :3
1. Thank you :)

2. As a map builder myself I kind of guessed you were waiting for the new flowers to come out for bukkit.

3. This makes sense, I'll trust you until you post more screenshots. However, please do look again at the buildings in the third-to-last pic (I know you guys have high standards for your maps and those two houses aren't very high quality in my opinion).

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post, it impresses me when a map maker takes the time to respond to criticism of his maps :)

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
1. Thank you :)

2. As a map builder myself I kind of guessed you were waiting for the new flowers to come out for bukkit.

3. This makes sense, I'll trust you until you post more screenshots. However, please do look again at the buildings in the third-to-last pic (I know you guys have high standards for your maps and those two houses aren't very high quality in my opinion).

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post, it impresses me when a map maker takes the time to respond to criticism of his maps :)
Thanks :3 I really appreciate the feedback with explanations :D

L

Lululioness

I'm happy to have created one of the office designs and helped with the markets, even though I was barely on due to assessment at school!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci