• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

RIP AU M8

Is this rip for AU?

• Rip au

• Rip MCSG in total

• Not rip

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
How are they supposed to show that if they can't actually play on the server? All they can do is plead in a ban dispute and hope snr. staff are in a good mood, because they can't really show anything. Just hope.
Well, as of now on the network there's no chance for most people to be forgiven for any offense, but my point isn't that.

Showing that someone is willing to change can be done in many ways outside of playing on the server. Being active on the forums is a great indicator of this, and in their dispute it's not about pleasing and hoping, it's about providing solid reasons to prove they are a mature individual and will not break the rule again.

Submitting a dispute saying "Please please please I'm really sorry I won't do it again I love this server" says nothing, but if they present themselves well it's a whole different story. The only people getting unbanned in this system would be the people who admit their mistake, apologize sincerely, and provide reasons as to why they should be unbanned.

Frankly I don't know the best way to handle forgiveness because it can be done both ways, all I can really say is that people should never be permanently restricted from having fun playing a video game unless they repeatedly cause problems over and over and over again despite warnings, punishments, etc. and clearly don't get the message

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score

Showing that someone is willing to change can be done in many ways outside of playing on the server. Being active on the forums is a great indicator of this, and in their dispute it's not about pleasing and hoping, it's about providing solid reasons to prove they are a mature individual and will not break the rule again.
The vast majority of players don't actually find their way onto the forums though, and being permanently banned gives them less incentive to even do so. They're just gonna think 'Welp, that's that. Moving on'.Even then, I've first-hand seen people follow those procedures of showcasing sincerity and maturity in their ban disputes and still be denied, because no-one can truly guarantee anything.

Submitting a dispute saying "Please please please I'm really sorry I won't do it again I love this server" says nothing, but if they present themselves well it's a whole different story. The only people getting unbanned in this system would be the people who admit their mistake, apologize sincerely, and provide reasons as to why they should be unbanned.
Everyone has a different interpretation of what warrants forgiveness, and it's impacted by many factors such as how the day has been, their general mood, their standards of the banned persons' 'maturity' required, etc.

I don't believe multiple Snr. Staff review 1 ban dispute, so I'm assuming only 1 person reviews it. This 1 staff member could have a completely different opinion on whether a player should be unbanned in contrast to other staff. What I mean to say is, in spite of how people present themselves, there's still a decent chunk of luck involved in how the staff member factors their decision. Some of my friends (and acquaintances) that were active forumers had made reasonable ban disputes in the manner you've described, only to be declined.

To sum it up, pretty much most people that are banned are just going to move on without giving the forums a second thought. Those that do are likely to make crappy ban disputes that warrant an instant decline. Of those that actually make decent disputes (which are already a tiny amount by now), there's never going to be that 100% guarantee because although it sounds good in theory, the system isn't completely efficient. There's always some discrepancy in which people that deserve to be unbanned will have their ban upheld instead, because there are a lot of factors to account for.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The vast majority of players don't actually find their way onto the forums though, and being permanently banned gives them less incentive to even do so. They're just gonna think 'Welp, that's that. Moving on'.Even then, I've first-hand seen people follow those procedures of showcasing sincerity and maturity in their ban disputes and still be denied, because no-one can truly guarantee anything.

Everyone has a different interpretation of what warrants forgiveness, and it's impacted by many factors such as how the day has been, their general mood, their standards of the banned persons' 'maturity' required, etc.

I don't believe multiple Snr. Staff review 1 ban dispute, so I'm assuming only 1 person reviews it. This 1 staff member could have a completely different opinion on whether a player should be unbanned in contrast to other staff. What I mean to say is, in spite of how people present themselves, there's still a decent chunk of luck involved in how the staff member factors their decision. Some of my friends (and acquaintances) that were active forumers had made reasonable ban disputes in the manner you've described, only to be declined.

To sum it up, pretty much most people that are banned are just going to move on without giving the forums a second thought. Those that do are likely to make crappy ban disputes that warrant an instant decline. Of those that actually make decent disputes (which are already a tiny amount by now), there's never going to be that 100% guarantee because although it sounds good in theory, the system isn't completely efficient. There's always some discrepancy in which people that deserve to be unbanned will have their ban upheld instead, because there are a lot of factors to account for.
I mean

You're right

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

You have a point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci