• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Save MCSG

HuggaBear

Career
Reaction score
I love the ideas you've got here. You made some very interesting points as well. I also really appreciate that you brought this up in a mature manner, and also tried to understand both sides of the story. Very well done!

Matt |

Platinum
Reaction score
I love the ideas you've got here. You made some very interesting points as well. I also really appreciate that you brought this up in a mature manner, and also tried to understand both sides of the story. Very well done!
I appreciate that you understood.

Kiuss

Survivor
Reaction score
Agreed with everything you said except for battlegrounds. Battlegrounds is original in its self. I think they should make a leaderboard for it judging on kills or whether you won the round. I would really love to see MCSG improve, it's not the staff's fault. It's Chad's unfortunately his activeness is the downfall right now. If decides to listen, it could be great again :/

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
In my eyes, I think the people we grew up with on these servers, let's call it a 'generation' have exceeded their time and interest in the game itself. Most of the people are somewhat finishing school, starting college/university and are moving on with their lives, like myself. We don't consider the game fun anymore, therefore majority have lost interest/picked up interest in other games.

I think it's safe to say we should accept that MCGamer or 'MCSG' isn't what it once was and never will be. Instead of starting a trend of making MCSG great again, I think we should start a trend with remembering the good times, cherishing them. Then slowly departing the server when it's ready and moving on. Let a new generation join the community and let the previous generation go down in MCSG's history.

Kiuss

Survivor
Reaction score
O
In my eyes, I think the people we grew up with on these servers, let's call it a 'generation' have exceeded their time and interest in the game itself. Most of the people are somewhat finishing school, starting college/university and are moving on with their lives, like myself. We don't consider the game fun anymore, therefore majority have lost interest/picked up interest in other games.

I think it's safe to say we should accept that MCGamer or 'MCSG' isn't what it once was and never will be. Instead of starting a trend of making MCSG great again, I think we should start a trend with remembering the good times, cherishing them. Then slowly departing the server when it's ready and moving on. Let a new generation join the community and let the previous generation go down in MCSG's history.
It's hard to move on when you know something that used to be so good, can be so easily fixed. But I do understand your perspective; That a new generation is inbound and the old generation is declining.

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
It's hard to move on when you know something that used to be so good, can be so easily fixed.
It is really hard, that is right. But we have to understand, majority of those who use to play the server have departed or haven't logged in in such a long time.

I believe it's safe to say this is not something that can be easily fixed. If you looked at the amount of threads attempting to change MCGamer. The success rate is at
0%. The Staff Team has changed. The Administrative team has changed. There is frankly no public presence by Chad anymore, CAm is working extremely hard, even taking up a new role in the server. It's too hard, with no presence of the AU community anymore (Basically being forced to leave with the closure of the region). There are so many things needed to be taken into consideration. It's too hard. In order to change we need stuff like;
  • An owner.
  • Updates that are wanted from the community
  • An AU/CA region being reopened, but by then I'm not sure if any AU community would be existent.
  • Reincarnated Staff Team. Not a Staff Team with under 50 members.
  • Give the community what THEY want. 1v1's, Tournaments, Queues, Factions, Hardcore factions.
There is so much more things that can be added to that list. It's never ending, nor is all of them possible. It's too hard.

Matt |

Platinum
Reaction score
Agreed with everything you said except for battlegrounds. Battlegrounds is original in its self. I think they should make a leaderboard for it judging on kills or whether you won the round. I would really love to see MCSG improve, it's not the staff's fault. It's Chad's unfortunately his activeness is the downfall right now. If decides to listen, it could be great again :/
I agree with adding leaderboards, but 1v1s won't hurt it.

Why should the new generation have to deal with all this crap though?

O

It's hard to move on when you know something that used to be so good, can be so easily fixed. But I do understand your perspective; That a new generation is inbound and the old generation is declining.
Really hard does not mean impossible.

It is really hard, that is right. But we have to understand, majority of those who use to play the server have departed or haven't logged in in such a long time.

I believe it's safe to say this is not something that can be easily fixed. If you looked at the amount of threads attempting to change MCGamer. The success rate is at
0%. The Staff Team has changed. The Administrative team has changed. There is frankly no public presence by Chad anymore, CAm is working extremely hard, even taking up a new role in the server. It's too hard, with no presence of the AU community anymore (Basically being forced to leave with the closure of the region). There are so many things needed to be taken into consideration. It's too hard. In order to change we need stuff like;
  • An owner.
  • Updates that are wanted from the community
  • An AU/CA region being reopened, but by then I'm not sure if any AU community would be existent.
  • Reincarnated Staff Team. Not a Staff Team with under 50 members.
  • Give the community what THEY want. 1v1's, Tournaments, Queues, Factions, Hardcore factions.
There is so much more things that can be added to that list. It's never ending, nor is all of them possible. It's too hard.
Suggestions added.

Last edited:

ImmaSlapYoFace

Platinum
Reaction score

I honestly couldn't have said it better. There have been so many people from 2012/2013 quit because they have been playing the game for 2-4 years. Even after a few months I tend to start finding games boring, let alone 3 years. But MCSG had this Aura that attracted so many people, which in-turn created this community which allowed the game to be fun for years. But now those years are extremely numbered and people are growing older, and like you said moving on with their lives by finishing school and starting university. It's definitely a big pill to swallow to let MCSG slowly fade away but no matter what the Devs do, they can't force people to keep liking the game. However on weekends I still see about 1000 people on MCSG so at least it will still last a while. I just hope they bring AU back or another server comes out that has good AU survival games. #Astro!

Matt |

Platinum
Reaction score
They won't know any different...
Well, I'm not starting any university, I'm in year 10 and I still wanna play the great MCSG from last year. (I'm not the only one either)

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
I'm not gonna write a pompous introduction, I'll get straight to the point.

I think we can all agree that MCGamer / MCSG is dying. It's getting less and less players online everyday and that might not be because people are getting bored of it. Sure, that's one main reason that no one can do anything about, but otherwise, we can definitely stop this downward trend and bring MCGamer back to greatness. There hasn't been a development changelog in 1.5 months when they used to come out at least once per week. Without further ado, here are my suggestions:

Suggestion #1: Rebrand MCGamer and just call it MCSG.

I think this would be great since that's what everyone calls it anyway.
Now that you got rid of all the other gamemodes (which was a great move) there are only SG-related modes left (and Skywars but that's really still SG. You loot chests, get stacked, PvP). so it only makes sense to call it MCSG. (Minecraft Survival Games)

Suggestion #2: Replace Battlegrounds with a 1v1/FFA gamemode. (Name is original so keep it)

Let me explain. Loads of you are going to say that Battlegrounds is already FFA. I can't disagree with you there. What I mean is something similar to Battlegrounds but when you are in the little box where you can warp down, you are also given the option to join a 1v1 queue. I think this would be a great idea since a lot of people prefer 1v1 to FFA for obvious reasons (No cleanups, no chugging, just 1v1).

Suggestion 3: Hire more developers.

I get that this is waaaay easier said then done, but it's clear that the current devs aren't catching up to the glitches and new hacks coming out everyday. I'm not bashing on the devs (as I'm sure they have more than enough experience and knowledge for the job at hand), I'm pointing to the small number of them. I get that devs have lives too. That's why we need more. Enough to where, if there is a game-breaking glitch, it doesn't take more than 24 hours to fix.

Suggestion #4: Anti-cheat.

I don't think I even need to mention how terrible the current anti-cheat is. Obviously when there are people speeding across the map at ridiculous speeds there is a problem. There are more departures from MCGamer then there are from Heathrow. Jokes and giggles aside, the current anti-cheat is banning more legitimate players than hackers. I can say from my own experiences that at least 15-20% of the playerbase is filled with hackers. If you guys manage to fix this, this alone will solve half of your problems.

Suggestion #5: General Glitches (that I have found)

• Sometimes regular SG games turn into UHC-SG games.
  • Sometimes, when trying to eat food, it takes forever (literally never ends).
  • Bow sometimes doesn't shoot.
  • You can sponsor 2 of the same item (if 2 people click it at the same time).
  • 1/2 the time, when I connect or do /hub, there isn't a hub for me to join.
  • Fire doesn't place after a really quick turn.
  • MCSG Maker sometimes doesn't create a server.
Suggestion #6: General Improvements (not critical).
  • Balance tiering in UHC-SG. (way too OP at the moment)
  • Add /whitelist for donors (you decide what rank) this would be good for donors trying to play with friends.
  • Add back MCSG Maker with credits. (Right now there is pretty much no purpose for credits, so no one will buy them).
  • Add back Iron Donor for a price of your choosing (I suggest $2 a month) and only give it access to full games and 1 extra vote (or none at all) since those are the 2 main reasons why people even buy donor).
Suggestion #7: We need an owner. (Suggested by OhFancy)

For those who don't know, Chad has started his own computer repair business which has taken taken a lot of his time and shifted his interest away from MCSG. Right now we need an active owner, who is constantly monitoring the staff team, the server and the community. The best candidates at the moment (in my opinion) are either Yannick or CAmadeusA.

Suggestion #8: Listen to the community. (Suggested by OhFancy)

I think we can all agree that MCSG largest mistake was not listening to the community at critical times. Ex: 1.8 Update etc. It's as simple as this. You need to fix the game-breaking problems (like the anti-cheat) before even thinking of getting a new hub/lobby, or other small/insignificant quirks.

Suggestion #9: Bring back AU/CA. (Suggested by OhFancy)

By closing the AU and CA servers you have essentially forces away those positions, Canadians can still play US so that would be 2nd on the list, but AU is left nowhere. If you don't bring AU back as soon as possible there won't be much of a community left.

Suggestions #10: New Staff Team. (Suggested by OhFancy)

I think it's safe to say that we need a new staff team. When I play on US there are some mods here and there, but on EU they are no where to be found. Again, I'm not bashing on the mods, I'm bashing on the number of them. For MCSG's size we need at least 75 mods (Split evenly across regions) 10-15 Sr. Mods and 5+1 Admins (+1 owner).

Here is current distribution of the Staff Team:

TOTAL: 30 US Staff / 12 EU Staff
Moderators: 23 US Mods / 10 EU Mods
Sr. Moderators: 5 US Sr. Mods / 2 EU Sr. Mods
Admins: 2 US Admins / (drumroll please) 0 EU Admins

Feel free to leave your suggestions down below and I will add them to the thread as I couldn't have possibly covered everything in one thread. I just went over the main points. If you are a staff member I want you to think about something. Would you rather accept the truth and do something about it or close this thread and call it a day. I'm not trying to cause flame or start a war. I only wrote this for the servers good. I grew up on this server and have countless memories on it. I would be really sad if stuff as basic as what I wrote above brought it down.
Suggestion 1) I quite like this idea actually. It won't really change anything, but everyone has always called it MCSG despite the MCGamer tag. It feels like it fits and your argument makes sense.

Suggestion 2) I disagree. I don't think battlegrounds should be replaced because it is a unique feature to MCSG that a lot of people like. It's different and it's the networks idea. I don't think we should try and copy the successes of other networks by using their game modes. Perhaps adding 1v1 servers could be a solution but certainly not replacing battlegrounds.

Suggestion 3) Good idea, easier said than done.

Suggestion 4) I have mixed feelings about this. It's obvious that there is a hacker problem on this network. I see one almost every game, and when I'm online, I'm literally moving from one to the next without stopping because there are so many. While anti-cheats can always be improved, I don't think people realize how good a job ours does. The anti-cheat has 1,000+ bans in the last 24 hours and is consistently at that level. A majority of those are correct, and I know countless times where I have been recording and the anti-cheat beats me to it. Obviously it can be improved, but it's not as terrible as people make it out to be.

Suggestion 5) hmm.... I haven't encountered most of those bugs. Maker being broken is a big problem though, and I think fixing those bugs is the top of the devs priority list.

Suggestion 6) I, before I have got staff, have suggested some of those things, and I think a majority of people agree. It's just sort of an implementation thing that no one who is very active has the power to do.

Suggestion 7) Much debate on this I won't weigh in for obvious reasons.

Suggestion 8) We should listen to the community you are right. I hope everyday that I am someone people can go and talk to when they need help. If you ever want to talk to me or give a suggestion to be passed on to Sr. Staff, I am more than happy to do it. Please PM me or talk to me on teamspeak. The staff is supposed to be here to help you guys.

Suggestion 9) Much debate on this I won't weigh in for obvious reasons.

Suggestion 10) Alright I shouldn't comment on this one, but I'm going to anyway. The staff team distribution is a bit out of whack right now. There are not enough staff members on EU, and even some of the existing EU staff members play exclusively on US, leaving a lot less than you think as EU staff members. The Sr. Mods are always looking for great candidates, and understand this issue completely. However, they need to hire the right people: those who will stick around for a while, who are super active, are personable etc. etc. It's a good thought but this issue is being dealt with everyday.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci