• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Science Fair Projects!

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I remember doing really bad science project presentations as a kid, such as "Do water-saving showerheads really save water" and "does dryer lint (a waste product known for its flammability) make a good insulation material?" Answers: Yes, and No.

I was always saddened by that, because by the time I actually learned about and had access to really cool science stuff, I was in an academic environment that no longer offered science fairs.
Things I would do at a science fair now:
  • Marble rollercoaster. Every kid who was cool did one.
  • Demonstrating a Ferrofluid. Those things are awesome.
  • Making a Non-Newtonian Fluid.
  • Diet Coke and Mentos. It really does work!
Great ideas!
(totally not going to steal them for next year's science fair)
I did a sound insulation one too :eek:
You gave me the idea, remember? xD

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Great ideas!
(totally not going to steal them for next year's science fair)
If you do, get pics. And maybe credit me somewhere.
I might not be able to do them now, but I'd like to be credited by someone who can.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Oh, right! How'd you do?
Pretty good! :D
If you do, get pics. And maybe credit me somewhere.
I might not be able to do them now, but I'd like to be credited by someone who can.
Hopefully if I'm still around at MCSG next year (I probably will) xD
Maybe something along the lines of "A guy on the internet that I sorta-but-not-really know gave me this idea"

fatmannumbah8

District 13
Reaction score
Which garbage bag can hold the most weight. Really boring to do but easy.
In class we did does the density of a liquid change the flow rate? We picked different liquids like water franks red hot choclate sauce ect. We calculated the density and we seen how fast it can flow then we changed the tempature of our liquids and the material of our ramp. (Carboard, Tinfoil, Wood.) I recommend you do it.

Avesu

Career
Reaction score
Well, I'm a genius (not), and doing marble roller coasters, I made it to Mosi for the Science Olympics, expert engineering got me 3rd place!

Also I burned paper for a science project and got 2nd place at regionals.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Well, I'm a genius (not), and doing marble roller coasters, I made it to Mosi for the Science Olympics, expert engineering got me 3rd place!

Also I burned paper for a science project and got 2nd place at regionals.
Awesome! :3

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm not sure if the way I said it made it seem like I was bragging or that it was easy, but it was actually pretty difficult!
Yeah, I usually try to do something easy but end up spending a really long time on it xD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci