• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES SG:Shore

Shore

• Total voters

Omega_Rex

Tribute
Reaction score
Nice map and good concept i really like the detailed builds and the well-thought-out theme
Please check out my V1 map here at [SNIP]

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

Experienced
Reaction score
The map looks absolutely amazing, I just wish it was 24 players :(

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
The map looks absolutely amazing, I just wish it was 24 players :(
If there was enough calling for it, we would make a 24 version, but its pretty large for a 24 map and was designed as a 48 player map

Reactions: Tom

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
I noticed you said "more screenshots coming soon"; would you include non-shaders screenshots with that? The only reason I ask is because this map looks very interesting from what I can see here; I just want to see it from a default POV. (Also more of the map in general.) Thanks!

J

Joel/MadDawg

It's pretty hard to tell from the overly glossy specific shaders images, but it seems pretty clear to me that this map has some flaws.

1. The lakebed is extremely flat and barren. The builds in it seem very spaced out, with dull flat sandy areas in between. This might be "good for pvp", but when looked at from a build standpoint it just is not appealing. I highly recommend you add more drastic elevation changes and/or add more builds to the lakebed to help with this problem.

2. Some builds are extremely detailed (in some cases even over-detailed), while others seem to be heavily lacking attention. For example, the boardwalk leading to corn has some crazy patterns in it, while other builds like the lighthouse are very bland and appear to have little detail in them at all. This is honestly an issue that I noticed in Adrenaline too, and to me it creates a harsh contrast between the builds. My only suggestion to help make this better would be to go back to every build and try to make the detailing more cohesive (this would be very time consuming to do, but I think the better product that would come out of all that work would be worth it).

3. There is no consistent block scheme. The boats are mostly quartz and oak, the walkways and boardwalks are largely stone variants, the houses are all sorts of blocks, and then the lighthouse sits in the middle of it all radiating bright red and white. Constant theme is simply nowhere to be found in this map. Like the inconsistencies in detail, this lack of block scheme erases the coherency and flow between the builds on this map. There is no easy fix for this problem either; only dedication on your part to go over the map again could fix this problem in my eyes.

Based on these limited screenshots and trailer I am frankly not that impressed with what I see. This is by no means a bad map (the overall build quality, while inconsistent, is still on average pretty high; the trees and terraforming both appear fine; the layout doesn't seem odd in any way), but it seems to lack a lot also. I do not want to see it added until some considerable changes are made.

Timmeh

Tribute
Reaction score
Im pretty shore that the pvp will be great. Nut Im just to addicted to make stuff look fantasy related and horrible for pvp as long as its beutiful. So I must not complain about the style and terrain not fitting my ideal 'perfect'. Shore as heck itll be nice to play tho.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci