• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SG: Utopia (24 player map) In search for feedback!

Do you want this map on MCSG?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, after a revamp

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sebbeswag99

Diamond
Reaction score
Background
We (The Pixels) have been working on a Survival Games map for a few months now, and we think it's ready for your feedback! Our map, SG: Utopia, envisions a small, enviromental friendly city with a futuristic look to it. Even though the name of the map and the map itself is based on the utopian city, the majority of the maps' surroundings are big, open, spaces, such as a wide main road and a farm. We are very happy with both the look of the map and its' PvP-possibilities, but of course we want to improve the map as much as we're capable of. For that, we need your help! Please, take a look at the pictures below and tell us what we can do better, but also what's good with the map!

Map preferences
Name: SG: Utopia.
Game type: Survival Games.
Radius: ~250 blocks (like Valleyside University).
Number of chests: approximately 125 (A bigger amount are planned to be placed.)
Deathmatch arena: no, but the spawn is perfect for PvP!

About us
We are three teens with the in games-names Vino12, huno13 and skate_pro. All three of us have played Minecraft since the early beta-versions. Even though a lot of our time has been spent on Survival Games the last years, our interest in vanilla Minecraft never dies. Therefore, building a Survival Games map is the perfect trade-off for us! This is the third map we build, but it's probably the first to be done! We hope you'll like it as much as we're proud of it!

Best regards, skate_pro.

Screenshots and videos (updated frequently)
Screenshots (with shaders): http://imgur.com/gallery/YwrLP/

Video (without shaders): Coming soon!

Last edited:

Stealthy

District 13
Reaction score
The map looks really good, but only 1 thing, you may want to add some more structures / obstacles because I think that the map is quite flat :/ In rest the map looks great, hope it gets accepted ^_^

Sebbeswag99

Diamond
Reaction score
The map looks really good, but only 1 thing, you may want to add some more structures / obstacles because I think that the map is quite flat :/ In rest the map looks great, hope it gets accepted ^_^
Thank you for your constructive criticism, we really appreciate that! When it comes to the big amount of flat areas I want to apologize for my laziness when taking the screenshots! The map does actually offer a lot of obstacles, even though they are in the shape of roads at different levels etc. and not mountains or rivers. Of course we will take an extra look at this and se if we're able to improve the map even more. Again; thank you for your feedback and sleep well!

skate_pro

Stealthy

District 13
Reaction score
Thank you for your constructive criticism, we really appreciate that! When it comes to the big amount of flat areas I want to apologize for my laziness when taking the screenshots! The map does actually offer a lot of obstacles, even though they are in the shape of roads at different levels etc. and not mountains or rivers. Of course we will take an extra look at this and se if we're able to improve the map even more. Again; thank you for your feedback and sleep well!

skate_pro
It's ok then :p I really do hope if this map gets accepted it will be one of those maps that people really enjoy playing like; Valley, Turbulance etc. :*D

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
Looks quite nice, you picked a good theme that stands to be unique enough on its own. Is there interior in the skyscrapers, etc? Plus, how are you using your space? The details would be lovely ^.^

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Great start! Some of those builds could use a bit more detailing but besides that it's looking great

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
Great start! Some of those builds could use a bit more detailing but besides that it's looking great
I would disagree, building modern (more specifically, ultramodern) uses different detailing compared to medieval/fantasy style builds, with a greater focus on minimalism than cluttered detailing. What he's got is fantastic!

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I would disagree, building modern (more specifically, ultramodern) uses different detailing compared to medieval/fantasy style builds, with a greater focus on minimalism than cluttered detailing. What he's got is fantastic!
I like your opinion. I won't go against it as you are entitled to what you think, but I'm glad to hear your POV of this :)

Sebbeswag99

Diamond
Reaction score
A big, big thank you to both of you for showing interest in what we do! It's true that we had our minds on building something minimalistic, and we will probably stick to doing that as long as we're working on this map. Although, we're planning to create some sort of lumber jack village on the outside of the barrier, as we also feel that the map can feel a bit... flat..? Again, thank you for your commitment, and please leave a vote if you think this map could go on MCSG!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci