• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SG: Utopia (24 player map) In search for feedback!

Do you want this map on MCSG?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, after a revamp

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sebbeswag99

Diamond
Reaction score
I like your opinion. I won't go against it as you are entitled to what you think, but I'm glad to hear your POV of this :)
A big, big thank you to both of you for showing interest in what we do! It's true that we had our minds on building something minimalistic, and we will probably stick to doing that as long as we're working on this map. Although, we're planning to create some sort of lumber jack village on the outside of the barrier, as we also feel that the map can feel a bit... flat..? Again, thank you for your commitment, and please leave a vote if you think this map could go on MCSG!

Sebbeswag99

Diamond
Reaction score
Looks quite nice, you picked a good theme that stands to be unique enough on its own. Is there interior in the skyscrapers, etc? Plus, how are you using your space? The details would be lovely ^.^
At this stage, I would say that approximately 50% of the buildings have complete interior and decor, even though most of it are there only for the looks. When the map is done, all of the buildings will be completely decorated at the inside, but not all of it will be accessible for the tributes. Our experience is that single doors leading to small rooms with only decoration in them can only lead to distraction, which makes the game more about finding stuff and searching through rooms than actually playing, especially when you haven't played the map before. That's only our experience and we're more than open for opinions!

Hugater

Diamond
Reaction score
Looks quite nice, you picked a good theme that stands to be unique enough on its own. Is there interior in the skyscrapers, etc? Plus, how are you using your space? The details would be lovely ^.^
There is interior in a few skyscrapers even though you can't be inside. We really want the map to look at its best. And interior is something our buildteam really looks into. Of course also details.
About space.
We want to keep open and PvP-friendly areas. Tho we do flowerbeds and different kind of bushes near the building's walls.
Thanks for your feedback!

Hugater

Diamond
Reaction score
At this stage, I would say that approximately 50% of the buildings have complete interior and decor, even though most of it are there only for the looks. When the map is done, all of the buildings will be completely decorated at the inside, but not all of it will be accessible for the tributes. Our experience is that single doors leading to small rooms with only decoration in them can only lead to distraction, which makes the game more about finding stuff and searching through rooms than actually playing, especially when you haven't played the map before. That's only our experience and we're more than open for opinions!
Lol, didn't see your comment skate_pro :p
Well better double than nothing!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci