• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SG5 is now released on MCSG!

andrewHTID

Spectator
Reaction score
I love SG5. It reminds me so much of SG2, but it's even better. It's big, it has a lot of chests which are not so hard to find. It's quite a noob friendly map, so I hope it will become as popular as Brezee Island. There are only two problems - the corn and a little area covered in snow, where you seem to be jumping on blocks that are under the snow (I think it's next to the chopper, it's probably a server issue). I love the concept of the corn (juming into water), but it's quite hard to find (I played 4 games and I was able to find the corn only once), but I guess that's because it's underground. Also, it's not designed very well, because the biggest noob with a little food will easily survive deathmatch, simply because he can just run around the hole and not get killed. Eventually, the game ends with no winner. It happened to me a lot of times on Breeze Island, which has quite a similair corn.

Also, some people are saying that the map is a bit bleek and boring because everything is snowy. I agree with that, but the map is based on The Day After Tomorrow, where New York (and pretty much everything else) gets covered with ice and snow. If you watch the movie, you'll see that the team made a brilliant job in copying the landscape. To be honest, that's exactly how things would look like in a big city that gets covered in ice and snow. I'm not complaining about it.

But other than that, the map is a real piece of art. I hope I'll play it as many times as I can :).

VebbiHD

District 13
Reaction score
I've yet to play on this map, but it looks awesome.

Hudderguy

Spectator
Reaction score
I think SG5 turned out great, I personally take no notice of the people who complain. To me "lagg" isn't a good thing to critisize about for two reasons:
1) It varies for every one and most of the time we cant do anything about it (Unless we made the maps look very boring, small and lack detail.
2) Me and llama made the spawn and while building on it inside the map I played on short-tiny render distance all the time, I too get lagg but just as much on any sg map. This doesnt affect my playing in game at all, as long as I can run it and play then it is fine.

We appreciate good constructive feedback but saying that you hate the map and comparing it to previous maps which got just about as much hate as this won't help improve the next. We had approximatley 4-5 days to build the actual map in time for the yogscast livestream so a few bugs etc are understandable. Me and llama probably share the same opinion on this map and even though we are in team vareide our opinions are still our own.

Lord_Horril

Spectator
Reaction score
Everyone congratulate Psbounty for being the first one to win on SG5!
He wasn't xD Remember that we needed to test the map multiple times to make sure it was right and had no major glitches, and yogscast stream got to play it aswell still they weren't the first ones xD

Lord_Horril

Spectator
Reaction score
That is so... AMAZING! I never got to see the whole map since I'm always on tiny. :(
Great job, Team Vareide! Hope you guys can create more!

This map looks like it was from the movie "2012"
It's not from 2012 the idea behind it is from the movie " The day after tomorrow"

sabshupe101

Career
Reaction score
You my good friend are the best person to walk on this planet for inventing such an amazing cornucopia!

Edit: Hudders gets second because he made it.
Have you checked out pictures from Soarvival Games? That is an awesome corn too, but SG5 is a bit better than it.

ThisJKid

Diamond
Reaction score
To me "lagg" isn't a good thing to critisize about
I understand why you're saying lag isn't a thing to criticise about, but if enough people are complaining about the lag for you to be responding, it must be a considerable amount of people. This means that lag should be taken into more consideration as not everyone can afford an extremely powerful pc.

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
He wasn't xD Remember that we needed to test the map multiple times to make sure it was right and had no major glitches, and yogscast stream got to play it aswell still they weren't the first ones xD
For the community. He was the first one to win.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
It's funny that SG 5 was the one map I've experienced no lag on (though I did only play it once). And I DO experience lag, so much so that it caused me to quit MCSG :/

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Most of the lag people are complaining are client side. We noticed some performance drops with the latest update, but servers are still on average 20TPS. When I see someone yelling lag, I always check the TPS, and it always comes back to a perfect 20. Try downloading programs like optifine, change your MC settings to a lower graphics setting, or add more RAM to your clients. This will all help you battle client lag!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci