• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Should MCG/MCSG Be a Pure PVP Server??

Should MCGamer be a pure PVP Server?

• Definitely!

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • No! It should have lots of Minigames!

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Why can't we have both?

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Idk...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bob_brickman99

Survivor
Reaction score
Wow, three days since MCGamer v2 came out, and the hate has been real. So it has made me do some thinking (never a good idea)...

This might be a bad question, but I have thought about this, and it seems that there are some large groups of people who think that MCGamer should be a pure PVP server, and there are those who think it should take the path of most other servers and add in Minigames and other, more fun-based gameplays.

So this is my question:

Should MCGamer be a pure PVP Server?

Firstly, a definition. Pure PVP simply means that there would be no other servers on MCGamer except for PVP-based servers, such as Survival Games, Battlegrounds, 1v1 servers etc. There would be no gameplays that didn't involve a bit of swordplay.

Here are some of the Pros and Cons:

PROS:

- More time and space to practise your PVP skills.
- More focus and commitment by the staff on helping develop PVP skills.
- Less confusion about how other gameplays work.
- Sets apart MCGamer from all other servers that are not PVP-based.

CONS:

- No diversity in gameplay.
- PVP can get repetitive.
- Community may become too competitive.
- They will need to make another lobby :/

Of course, these are not the only Pros and Cons, so make sure you put your opinion in the comments, and remember to vote in the poll.

Oh, and try not to start a flame war...be calm, guys and girls!

Last edited:

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
Can you please go in a little bit more detail kind of confused when you just say Pure PVP. Thanks.

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
No. It's called MCGamer for a reason, and a lot of people seem to be enjoying and doing perfectly fine in terms of understanding with the new gamemodes.

bob_brickman99

Survivor
Reaction score
Can you please go in a little bit more detail kind of confused when you just say Pure PVP. Thanks.
Sorry about that. By pure PVP, I mean that there won't be any other servers except for PVP-based servers. I'll add that to the original post!

GetRidaHim

Career
Reaction score
PROS:

- More time and space to practise your PVP skills.
- More focus and commitment by the staff on helping develop PVP skills.
- Less confusion about how other gameplays work.
- Sets apart MCGamer from all other servers that are not PVP-based.
"More time and space to practice PVP skills."

What about builders? What about the 11,000 used plots on out Creative server, if this is removed, we are going to have many unhappy people, I personally love to go on Creative, and Moderate, and to have it removed will make my time here as staff a lot less enjoyable because I love Creative, I find it fun, and like it just a little bit more than survival games.

"More focus and commitment by staff on helping develop PvP skills."

I'm not sure what you meant by this one, if you mean helping the staff develop PvP skills. One of the issues I find with this, is that this will distract us from doing our job. The staff does not need PvP skills, were here to ban hackers, rule breakers, etc. Now, if you mean we will help the Community develop PvP skills, this too, will distract us from our job, and we will have more rule breakers, and hackers.

"Less confusion of how other game modes work."

If I play Creative, and have never played Survival Games, and Creative is removed, now all the Creative players will either leave the server completely, or have to learn how to play all the other game modes, one other thing, you don't need to know how all the game modes work, you can easily play on our network without knowing how to play every single one.

"Sets apart MCGamer from all other servers that are not PvP-based."

Yet, at the same time we're also closing, or turning into the servers that are PvP-only based, really in this case, there is no way to win, also it will attract less members.

I understand where you're coming from, but the response from the community won't be too great if we remove the non PvP based game modes, and we'll lose players, overall I don't think this will happen, as the Cons weigh out the Pros by a mile.

I didn't mean to come out rude at all within this post, please this is just my opinion, so be nice, and calm about what I've said, and if you will reply, reply nicely, and in a calm fashion.

If you feel like bringing something up in a more private manner, feel free to PM me. :)

Have a nice day within the MCGamer Community!

Spectral_Slayer

Platinum
Reaction score

What about builders? What about the 11,000 used plots on out Creative server, if this is removed, we are going to have many unhappy people, I personally love to go on Creative, and Moderate, and to have it removed will make my time here as staff a lot less enjoyable because I love Creative, I find it fun, and like it just a little bit more than survival games.

I'm not sure what you meant by this one, if you mean helping the staff develop PvP skills. One of the issues I find with this, is that this will distract us from doing our job. The staff does not need PvP skills, were here to ban hackers, rule breakers, etc. Now, if you mean we will help the Community develop PvP skills, this too, will distract us from our job, and we will have more rule breakers, and hackers.

If I play Creative, and have never played Survival Games, and Creative is removed, now all the Creative players will either leave the server completely, or have to learn how to play all the other game modes, one other thing, you don't need to know how all the game modes work, you can easily play on our network without knowing how to play every single one.

Yet, at the same time we're also closing, or turning into the servers that are PvP-only based, really in this case, there is no way to win, also it will attract less members.

I understand where you're coming from, but the response from the community won't be too great if we remove the non PvP based game modes, and we'll lose players, overall I don't think this will happen, as the Cons weigh out the Pros by a mile.

I didn't mean to come out rude at all within this post, please this is just my opinion, so be nice, and calm about what I've said, and if you will reply, reply nicely, and in a calm fashion.

If you feel like bringing something up in a more private manner, feel free to PM me. :)

Well Said.

bob_brickman99

Survivor
Reaction score

You know, personally I agree with you. I just posted this thread for discussion.

I would love to play on Creative but I play on AU, and the Creative doesn't seem to (or hasn't) work on AU.

I think that MCGamer is taking a step in the right direction, and that it is good to see a diverse range of gameplays.

Thanks for the opinion!

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The whole Minecraft community in general is huge. And it has a huge variety of different players who enjoy doing different things within this virtual world. Some could be builders, some fighters, or some miners, or some hackers.
Successful servers always have a high diversity to which serves and provides for the things we want to do. Except hackers, they're scary.
That is why I think we mustn't have a pure kind of PvP server. Because anyone can get way to competitive, as you said. And we don't want that either. More people would be disrespectful, or more people will hack.
But generally speaking, PvP is already a focused aspect towards the community. We should consider how much success there is to Survival Games, Quarter Quell, and Battlegrounds. ;)

Reaction score
MCGamer.
MC[Gamer]
Gamer.
[Game]r
Game.
Games are what make up MCG. It is not only PvP, but rather a bunch of games. So, may I ask,

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
Suggestion: Get rid of the AntVenom games that no one plays: They don't have to pay the servers, and we don't have to look at the empty lobbies. Everyone wins.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
You know what's funny? Six months ago, people were complaining that our community had too much PvP. People were complaining that things were too competitive and repetitive.
Now that we have AVN gamemodes that aren't PvP based, people are complaining that our community has too little PvP.
Make up your mind, people!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci