• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Shut down by staff.

Krafty

District 13
Reaction score
Have you people even considered the possibilities without NCP? As Taco had even said a few posts ago, they realize there's problems with Kit PVP, they just don't have the means to do so, since it would only make matters worse and more complaints would flow in.

Oh, and also, regarding your whole point of there being 2 vs. 64 about the petition, I can also counter that argument too.

Let's say we have 200 Active Forummers on the MCSG Forums, which is probably even less than the amount that actually come on here every day.

Your petition had 64 signatures. Since we have 200 Active Forummers that didn't care enough to sign about the petition, or they disagreed, didn't make a post, and moved on... (Such as myself) YOU are technically in the minority if anything.

Get where I'm at?

To make this as blunt as possible, I'm not countering the argument of removing NCP, I'm countering the argument of the point in removing it. If you were to remove NCP, there'd basically be no positive changes. Yes, you'd have your fixes, but you'd also have to deal with a load more of hackers and on top of that, no way to stop them. (Going back to Taco's post of mods not even able to spectate hackers) Which, you may think NCP doesn't work, but it's MCSG's main line of defense against hackers, and has for the last year or so.

Everybody wanted NCP removed in MCSG during 1.3, and it was like a war between two enraged sides. I don't see why everybody wants it removed now, because as it was in 1.3, nothing good would come out of it, and still today, you'd have more issues than you have now.

Point blank.
Kill 'em

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
The main thing is do we want a bunch of leafygreenteas flying around killing everyone ??? No we don't therefore we use NCP. Pretty simple really and yes I understand how annoying it is to occasionally be limited by NCP but I personally think it is worth it to prevent hackers.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Solution: Replicate the NCP on MCSG servers

Is it that hard? ;-;

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
im going to say this for the last time NCP on KitPvP is the same config as SG bleave me i know as i did it

Saza

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
im going to say this for the last time NCP on KitPvP is the same config as SG bleave me i know as i did it
Then why does it feel so different?

Porkstorm

District 13
Reaction score
Serious question: have you played the kit pvp yet?
I'm pretty sure on mcsg you don't hit some one, have like. 5 second break and then start again...

V

Viretine

OK, I really can see both sides to this argument. On one side, you have the community wanting a client removed and then you have the staff who know what the consequences of doing so will be.

When the first thread was made, there was 64 people that willingly agreed that they want to have NCP (No-Cheat Plus) removed from the KitPvP server. Yet, I am sure that over half of these people didn't stop for a second to think about the consequences and the copious amount of hackers it may bring. This is where the staff am in and tried to settle things down a bit.

Now from a communities point of view, the way that the staff dealt with the situation at first was wrong and a bit like they were trying to keep the communities point of view out. The staff of these servers constantly ask for any feedback and suggestions that would help to make the community enjoy the servers more. Yet when a thread is made and well over 50% of people that reply agree, the staff need to honour that by either: 1. Giving the community a detailed explanation as to exactly why it would be a bad idea or why it would not completely benefit the servers. or 2. Agree, and try to see what they can do about reducing or completely getting rid of NCP.

The way that the staff came in and completely shut it all down without the slightest explanation, was definitely uncalled for and not good enough. Without a community on MCG, there is no staff and no servers. If the staff want to keep MCG running, they need to respect the ideas of the community and listen to them. However, recently on this thread, the staff (especially the sr.staff) have explained why this wouldn't benefit us and would have more cons than pros.

Now, who here honestly would rather to get a few extra hits off, at the cost of having people with LeafyGreenTea like hacks running around the servers. As Dave said, the KitPvP NCP level is a replica of that of the Survival Games, so either people have problems with there internet, or they are just having a different feeling to normal PvP. From what I have played of KitPvP, it has been fine. I have landed just as many hits as usual, and even if there sometimes is interference, I think it makes KitPvP on MCG unique, which is what we are about. The community needs to now realise that the staff knows what is best for these servers and just needs to sit back down and get on with it. Having no NCP on the KitPvP server would likely end in a lot more hackers playing, which I know NO ONE wants.

In my opinion, NCP should stay and the devs should just focus on what was already planned for the KitPvP server. I already love playing on it and can't wait to see the new updates coming out. :D

TL;DR :p

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
OK, I really can see both sides to this argument. On one side, you have the community wanting a client removed and then you have the staff who know what the consequences of doing so will be.

When the first thread was made, there was 64 people that willingly agreed that they want to have NCP (No-Cheat Plus) removed from the KitPvP server. Yet, I am sure that over half of these people didn't stop for a second to think about the consequences and the copious amount of hackers it may bring. This is where the staff am in and tried to settle things down a bit.

Now from a communities point of view, the way that the staff dealt with the situation at first was wrong and a bit like they were trying to keep the communities point of view out. The staff of these servers constantly ask for any feedback and suggestions that would help to make the community enjoy the servers more. Yet when a thread is made and well over 50% of people that reply agree, the staff need to honour that by either: 1. Giving the community a detailed explanation as to exactly why it would be a bad idea or why it would not completely benefit the servers. or 2. Agree, and try to see what they can do about reducing or completely getting rid of NCP.

The way that the staff came in and completely shut it all down without the slightest explanation, was definitely uncalled for and not good enough. Without a community on MCG, there is no staff and no servers. If the staff want to keep MCG running, they need to respect the ideas of the community and listen to them. However, recently on this thread, the staff (especially the sr.staff) have explained why this wouldn't benefit us and would have more cons than pros.

Now, who here honestly would rather to get a few extra hits off, at the cost of having people with LeafyGreenTea like hacks running around the servers. As Dave said, the KitPvP NCP level is a replica of that of the Survival Games, so either people have problems with there internet, or they are just having a different feeling to normal PvP. From what I have played of KitPvP, it has been fine. I have landed just as many hits as usual, and even if there sometimes is interference, I think it makes KitPvP on MCG unique, which is what we are about. The community needs to now realise that the staff knows what is best for these servers and just needs to sit back down and get on with it. Having no NCP on the KitPvP server would likely end in a lot more hackers playing, which I know NO ONE wants.

In my opinion, NCP should stay and the devs should just focus on what was already planned for the KitPvP server. I already love playing on it and can't wait to see the new updates coming out. :D

TL;DR :p
thank you for the constructive comments just to add to it in the last thread i said 5 times i had lessened the NCP but no one listened to me at all.

a little side note i do not do detailed descriptions in text as i am dyslexic and find it very difficult.

V

Viretine

thank you for the constructive comments just to add to it in the last thread i said 5 times i had lessened the NCP but no one listened to me at all.

a little side note i do not do detailed descriptions in text as i am dyslexic and find it very difficult.
No problem, I hope this problem doensn't have to go to much further. And I didn't know about you being dyslexic, I am sorry. :c I did listen <3

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Viretine

its ok i wasent having ago i was just explaining why i dont do it no harm done
My sister is so shocked that I wrote 505 words to dispute that. She just can't believe it so I showed her Blamph's MCSG story xD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci