• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Silent Join Purchase

Do you think the ability to purchase silent join is a good idea?

• Total voters

Giolightning

Survivor
Reaction score
well I don't think MONEY is all they care about, but it is needed and its a great way to make the community happy, and make money at the same time.

lol well i'd have plenty of evidence.. don't worry xD
Oh, sorry i worded it wrong ;P
What i meant to say was, since money is a great way to improve the servers, its VERY Essential to give people starting from Diamond and on (Diamond, Platinum, and Quantum are included) to be given silent join and I will state reasons why.

"Edog786 has joined!"

Random noob types Edog786

Random_Noob69: Treepuncher82
Random_Noob69: Treepuncher82 is Edog!!!

Edog gets targeted.

What does this mean?
ABSOLUTELY NO USE IN /d

Not to mention the /d need a WAY BETTER/USEFUL USE.

Such as Random skins, Names that can have Random stats, Silent join.

ALL THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ WILL HAVE A PURPOSE IS /D COMMAND
AND WILL BE WORTH BUYING DIAMOND+

This is my best solution i have to this discussion.

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
What i meant to say was, since money is a great way to improve the servers, its VERY Essential to give people starting from Diamond and on (Diamond, Platinum, and Quantum are included) to be given silent join and I will state reasons why.

"Edog786 has joined!"

Edog gets targeted.

What does this mean?
ABSOLUTELY NO USE IN /d

I like you.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about this.
1 bad thing is that people are going to get randomly mad about someone joining the server and taking up space when it doesn't even say that you joined
1 good thing is that if you disguise in the hub and come into a server with silent join then nobody will find out who you are :D

But I wouldn't buy it unless I started getting targetted every game

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
Add this to mcg pls I fna

Also I think pointing out player's disguises should be against the rules, its a form of harassment.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score

"Edog786 has joined!"

Edog gets targeted.

What does this mean?
ABSOLUTELY NO USE IN /d

this is much better :p. We all know /d doesn't work the greatest with the steve skins and whatnot. Silent join fixes that quite a bit tho.

I like you.
cuz he used ur name? xD

1 bad thing is that people are going to get randomly mad about someone joining the server and taking up space when it doesn't even say that you joined
1 good thing is that if you disguise in the hub and come into a server with silent join then nobody will find out who you are :D

well thats why this is for only people who are getting targeted everygame and harassed.

Or mcsg could learn to fix a bug and make it say that the disguised player joined ;)
this really doesn't solve the issue, because the /d names can be very.. obvious at times lol. I would rather it say nothing when I join, then people would just have to randomly guess who's in /d, instead of them seeing an obvious /d name join.. and then just finding out who it is.

Add this to mcg pls I fna

Also I think pointing out player's disguises should be against the rules, its a form of harassment.
I think it is against the rules to point out a /d name? i've seen staff yelling at people about it.

E

Ephiza

Well let's fix that xD

Sheldor

Career
Reaction score
For those who didn't see my previous post, I would like to clear some things up.

First of all, revealing someone's disguise name is a kickable offence, and if you see someone doing it repeatedly, you can send a screenshot to a staff member.

Secondly, it is impossible to hide the "sheldor_da_great has joined" without Silent Join. This is because of the way the /disguise plugin works. It doesn't work across servers (eg. From Hub to EU7). Therefore, the plugin instead forces you to use the command automatically as soon as you join the server. Since this happens after you join the server, the "sheldor_da_great has joined" message still displays. It is not a bug, it is a physical limitation in the way the plugin works and it cannot be fixed.

E

Ephiza

For those who didn't see my previous post, I would like to clear some things up.

First of all, revealing someone's disguise name is a kickable offence, and if you see someone doing it repeatedly, you can send a screenshot to a staff member.

Secondly, it is impossible to hide the "sheldor_da_great has joined" without Silent Join. This is because of the way the /disguise plugin works. It doesn't work across servers (eg. From Hub to EU7). Therefore, the plugin instead forces you to use the command automatically as soon as you join the server. Since this happens after you join the server, the "sheldor_da_great has joined" message still displays. It is not a bug, it is a physical limitation in the way the plugin works and it cannot be fixed.
Change the plugin..?

Sheldor

Career
Reaction score
The developers would fix it if they could, but it isn't possible. There is no way for them to make it hide the message without Silent Join

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score

Solution: Change plugin so it carried around the servers.. That would be much smarter lol.

Or just give it to the top 25 players so we can have some peace. <3

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score

more the reason I like silent join :p. If it not possible to fix how /d works... then silent join is the answer ^^

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci