• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Six's English Thread

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
YOUR ANSWER NEEDS TO BE PM'ED TO ME!
I will be going to bed now. As such, I am leaving you all with a longer, more challenging task...
Question 8: I will be giving you a paragraph. You need to fill in the blanks with the appropriate provided words.
Here are the words you will be provided with: unscrupulous, tepid, fracas, adroit, belligerent, impervious, averse, impetus, amicable, cursory, grimace, scrutinize.
All words will be used once.
YOUR ANSWERS NEED TO BE PM'ED TO ME!

Here is the text you will use:
How the 1)_____ began was anyone's guess. All anyone knew for sure was two hundred riot policemen from North San Diego County surrounded over one thousand brawling teenagers on the fields at Stagecoach Park. Arrests were eminent. But every action has a starting point, a specific 2)_____ which triggers a reaction. For some encounters, it's nothing more than a 3)_____ remark that fans the flames of hostility. For others, it's a mistimed 4)_____ that escalates an otherwise harmless encounter into an all-out battle. Often, a look of disgust is far more lethal than cutting words or remarks. Sadly, this situation was long removed from simply deducing its origin. Specific action was needed to restore calm to the South Carlsbad park. Although the police commander had long ago given the 5)_____ instructions that "everyone must immediately leave the park or face arrest," the battle-tested SWAT team, assembling by the gymnasium, indicated the superficial warning carried no weight. Immediately, an unbreakable, blue line surged towards the melee. Young teens, avoiding arrest at all cost, conceptualized 6)_____ escape tactics. Some hid in trees, surrounding themselves with green coveralls and pretending to be leaves; others, lacking the ability to climb, got down on all fours, began to bark, and chased terrified cats in hopes each would be mistaken for an abandoned dog. All efforts failed. The officers advanced. The 7)____ smiles that appeared to radiate from the face shields of the helmeted enforcers of the law stood in direct opposition to the 8)_____ actions perpetuated against the teens. For within seconds of the advance, smoke grenades were tossed, water cannons fired, and attack dogs released. To the untrained bystander watching the ensuing chaos, the police actions appeared 9)_____ at best; these were methods used by dictators to squash and opposing government beliefs, not by a country that prided itself in personal freedom. Neighbors with hand-held cameras and cell phones began to 10)_____ the situation much closer. Pictures were downloaded and dispersed within five minutes of the dogs' release. The teens appeared doomed. Amazingly so, pictures of smiling teens circulated. Biting dogs, choking gas, and drowning individuals had no effect on these teens. Like Superman's ability to stop a speeding locomotive, these individuals proved 11)_____ to every tactic the police utilized. Finally, the mystery was solved. The 12)_____ water the police had fired at the group not only neutralized the gas and calmed the dogs, but also mellowed everyone on the Stagecoach Park fields. The heat wave of the last few days had raised the pipe temperature from a normal, frigid fifty-six degrees to a somewhat warm and balmy seventy-five degrees. The lukewarm temperature had transformed a combustible situation into the "spirit of Aloha."

YOUR ANSWERS NEED TO BE PM'ED TO ME!
*Let's fingers and brain rest*
Your answer shall be formatted as follows: 1. asdfasdfalsdfjh 2. ijpoiajdspfojjn 3.josijsixisthebest 4. etc...

For every two correct response, you will receive a point. If you manage to get them all right, you will receive an additional extra point. YOUR ANSWERS NEED TO BE PM'ED TO ME! All PM's must be sent in by this time tomorrow!

Last edited:

Tacoface1234

District 13
Reaction score
Am I mistaken, or did you not blot out the answer to that one?

Thanks! -Six

Last edited by a moderator:

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
Tacoface1234 has been awarded three points for getting a total of six words correct!
=D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci