• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Skill vs. Ping?

How Much Does Ping Effect PvP Skills?

• A little

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • A lot

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • Lag???

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters

Maxwill

Gold
Reaction score
So I have been thinking. How much does ping effect your PvP skills? Like how low does ping have to be to make you get the great combos and how bad does it have to be to make you stay still and die xD? Also how many frames are you guys used to?

Res

Diamond
Reaction score
Ping effects your skill little to none. If you have 5 to 0 ping, or under 10, sure, that helps your skill a little more because of the almost no delay to rod-casts and bow shots. But click speed, however, is a different story. My clicking speed makes me look like such a pinger :p
But seriously, ping doesn't effect your skill much at all. Click speed does, at least for me.

Blazerboy | Noah

District 13
Reaction score
when i was a wee pvper about a year ago, possibly more, i had an advantage thanks to my ~100 ping which lagged me in just subtle of a way to get hits that shouldn't have gone through

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Having good ping doesn't make you a good player. You need to be good at playing even if you have under 10 ping, if you don't know how to use it, it won't help you at all.

ButterBacca87

Survivor
Reaction score
Ping effects your skill little to none. If you have 5 to 0 ping, or under 10, sure, that helps your skill a little more because of the almost no delay to rod-casts and bow shots. But click speed, however, is a different story. My clicking speed makes me look like such a pinger :p
But seriously, ping doesn't effect your skill much at all. Click speed does, at least for me.
That’s why you called me a ping player.
:p

Crinkle

Platinum
Reaction score
It shouldn't really affect your pvp unless well, you are getting 200+ ping :p Who do you think would win, a ping player with no skill or an experienced player who uses strats and op tactics?

Pearlyyy

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
For sure any day of the week, skill over ping. Ping might help you get more hits here and there, but when shouldn't be relied on too much.

I played a pvp server, which is recently new, with 250 ping and my score was 700 kills to 250 deaths.

K

KiDD

Ping definitely does not affect your MCSG PvP skill as a player, but affects other factors like timing, and if your ping is low enough it can change how you play. Skill is primarily based on instinct, ability, and knowledge, mostly. As long as your adjusted, ping does not play a part in your skill.

P3num6ra

Career
Reaction score
Ping affects your skill because of the following reasons:

- Farther ahead distance to aim and shoot someone
- Fishing rod delay must be accurately timed
- Switching to your sword from fishing rod for example depends on ping (quick dependent on client, but x ms later the switch actually happens)

Ping also gives a slight disadvantage when you are pvping, as well as being able to send a packet to the server, register it and move on.

YourAverageTiger

i control this entire operation
Reaction score
I killed legends with over 200 ping. Ping has little to no matter in these situations. You can 6 hit combos with 50ms over a guy with 10(Waffles). So, the difference is not important.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci