• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Skill vs. Ping?

How Much Does Ping Effect PvP Skills?

• A little

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • A lot

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • Lag???

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters

OGLad_

Career
Reaction score
15ping or less huge advantage over other players
50ping or less good enough to get good hits and stuff
over like 90 and your at quite a large disadvantage
I WOULD KNOW I HAVE OVER 100 PING ON US!!!!!!

But to answer the question it doesn't make your more skilled but it does give you an advantage

Zetzus

Platinum
Reaction score
I have 40 ping, which I consider quite average, as I know many people with below 10 and many with over 100.. I do not think that ping determines your skill, it definitely helps, but it isn't the key factor. People need to learn that the hits you are able to connect does not determine your ping, because that is one seriously misunderstood rumour.. Fluxion326 Hits around fences like a banana and he has like 90 ping (R.I.P)

Paragraph in a nutshell --> "Ping helps, but doesn't determine" - Zezoos 2k15

Fluxion326

Platinum
Reaction score
I have 40 ping, which I consider quite average, as I know many people with below 10 and many with over 100.. I do not think that ping determines your skill, it definitely helps, but it isn't the key factor. People need to learn that the hits you are able to connect does not determine your ping, because that is one seriously misunderstood rumour.. Fluxion326 Hits around fences like a banana and he has like 90 ping (R.I.P)

Paragraph in a nutshell --> "Ping helps, but doesn't determine" - Zezoos 2k15
hue. Nah full actual though I can take out people with good ping. Just don't get close to em and you're fine
Bow, FnS, Rod = OP
rito pls nerf

hdwisiaaof

Diamond
Reaction score
anyone who says ping doesn't matter is retarded

anyone who says it's all that matters is a salty fuqboi

ImJellyfish

Platinum
Reaction score
as long as your near the server you connect to then you can easily get ok ping to it main thing is CHANGE YOUR DNS (as the one provided by your network is worse than a potato at ping (mine used to be 200ms now 60ms) ) and another thing is changing how your computer handles your packets (can be dangerous if you dont know what your doing)
so really if someone complains to ping abuse then just tell them learn how to set up their internet correctly :3 so really ping is a skill on how well you can set up your internet unless you live next to the servers

jtmboy

Diamond
Reaction score
I feel that skill and ping are half and half, skill you have many tactics but with ping you can get more hits:)

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
There's this thing called skill. Long, long ago, people who were skilled at PvP were recognized for it instead of being constantly accused of hacking or being a "pinger".

Your ping does not effect your hit range, it effects your response to the server, meaning your hits register before somebody who has higher ping. Anyone who has between 35-120 ping should be at a relatively similar case with small differences. For example, I get 35 ping to CA, and 110 ping to EU. The differences I notice in gameplay are rather minor.

Another controversial thing is click speed. Minecraft only registers a certain amount of clicks per second, and that's a very low number. If you click more than 4-5 times per second you're not going to change anything. I personally click very fast because it's just in my nature but I don't see the point in jitterclicking. All your doing is sacrificing your aim and ability to strafe and use secondaries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci